Transmission: 4-speed manual, 3-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Mid engine, rear wheel drive
Body Styles: 2-door truck, 3-door cargo van
Daihatsu_Midget_II_Cargo_001.JPG

Midget2.jpg

Daihatsu_Midget_II_002.JPG

Daihatsu-Midget-II-4.jpg

daihatsu_midget_ii_blue_grey_1998.jpg

The mightiest of all beasts. The one that turns to the heart of the world and screams "I". It knows what it is, and it doesn't care what you think. It's the real deal. Catamaran.

To be fair you could probably carry more and at a higher speed in a normal family hatchback, but that isn't really the point.
That's probably true.

Also I do want to make note that I do indeed like the Midget 👍

The thing about the Midget II is that it should have been a fashion item, but somehow... It wasn't.

Timelessness tends to make things cool.

Subzero I love it. I really want one. I would commute and make trips to the hardware store with it.

It's just not cool...but I did have a feeling clicking on the thread that everyone would think it was cool.

The picture in the OP.. the driver looks like he's really into driving that Midget. He's got that determined hunch going on in that cockpit.

It's uncool though.

The fact that a significant proportion of people will only know about it from Gran Turismo lowers it down to a cool...

It's cute, but that's about it. It's an uncool rating from me. Mainly for the same reason to why the Caterham R500 on Top Gear is uncool, because anyone would probably look silly in a small car.

It's not even really a vehicle. It's a tool. Tools aren't cool. They are seriously uncool

Back