1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 nominated by Bopop4

38863724001_large.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1999 (other years were produced, but not nominated)
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 181 ci/2,972 cc turbocharged DOHC v6 (rated 320 HP & 315 lb-ft)
Transmission: 6-speed manual, possibly 4-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, All-wheel-drive
Related: Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo, Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR​

Solid cool.

I'm not too fussed on the V6, but for this car, it works.

The active aero, electronic suspension, and tunable exhaust were all cool, but I just love the way that the 99 model looks with the combat wing and front end changes.

The 4 wheel steering is cool as well.

Now that I think about it, the 1st gen was basically cutting edge in terms of technology before they scaled it back. The good "cutting edge" too, 90's style, not like the hybrid stuff toady.

Last edited:
Cool. With the right tunes, this can become a 200mph monster. Only thing stopping this from entering Sub-zero is the Skyline R32 GT-R.

I have a soft spot for this car that is similar to that of the Toyota Supra.

Sub-Zero

Always had a soft spot for these things. Not many around anymore either. Wish Mitsubishi still made stuff like this. Cool.

Lol, I think it was the slightlier earlier version I liked, I'm not going to vote on this one yet.

edit:

Always had a soft spot for these things. Not many around anymore either. Wish Mitsubishi still made stuff like this. Cool.

I know they are rare, but there are three in my small town alone, so I actually see them quite often (well, at least every working day)

This car brings back fond memories of NFSU2. :D

Sadly though, it was a tad overweight compared to the Skyline GT-Rs and Toyota Supra, so that bumps it out of sub-zero.

Ahead of it's time. As in, it was massively overweight before the majority of sportscars became fat and bloated. later models also came 'riced' direct from the factory as standard. Seriously uncool.

This. Even comes with chromies too.

Handled quite poorly, and while it was quick imagine how quicker it would be if it didn't weigh so damn much.

Very low Uncool.

I will forever associate this game with playing the original GT as a kid and being unable to win the megaspeed cup.

Seriously uncool.

Seriously people... WAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU????? :confused: :banghead:

This car deserves nothing less than SUBZERO status. I saw one 3 years ago near home and I literally screamed like a little girl... more or less like this...

OOOOOMAAAAIIIIIGAAAAD!!!! A MITSUBISHI GTOOOOOO!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

What was it again? Top speed of 262 mph in GT1 or 2?

Anyhew, I like it. Way too heavy but cool to see. Even as a Stealth. Which is an awesome name btw.

Ahead of it's time. As in, it was massively overweight before the majority of sportscars became fat and bloated. later models also came 'riced' direct from the factory as standard. Seriously uncool.

^ This, not to mention the asinine rear wing that many mitsu's were getting back then that drew people to them that was until the 90s ended and logic sprinkled down. I've always always hated the wheels on these things. They look like sprayed chrome plastic that lines the aisles at wal-mart and has an quick hub cap spinner attachment.

The car was alright to me back in the day when I got to play it on early GT games, but as I grew up and remembered seeing some at local car gatherings my distaste for them grew.

Uncool, and is saved only due to the engine from being seriously uncool.

Was it moving under its own power? If so you should have snapped it - it'll be one of the four or five GTOs worldwide that isn't a perpetually broken project car.

Moving and perfectly functional 👍

Seriously people... WAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU????? :confused: :banghead:

I dunno about the others, but I don't see the virtues in a car that weighs 1800kg and comes with a bunch of technology that doesn't really help the handling, which had the tendency to understeer like it was going out of fashion. The only reason I didn't vote SU is because the rear end looks somewhat badass.

After seeing how the GR WRX and STI were rated I don't expect this car to go much better than Meh but I still voted cool because I like AWD Turbos with small engines and sporty handling.
This particular car was a bit heavy and suffered from a lack of utility but overall was still cool enough to keep the rank.

It tried to be a poor man's GT-R - a car that, though I respect for it's capabilities, I don't personally like all that much. So, meh.

It failed fantastically at being a poor man's GT-R. Drop it down to uncool.

Almost every one of them I see is beat to hell and driven by an idiot. Drop it down to seriously uncool.

Last edited:
Uncool. It's overly obese and a Mitsubishi, which is a seriously uncool brand. It's also one of those cars that are loved by people that are way into Gran Turismo.

I do have find memories of it from GT2 though.

Back