GTP Cool Wall: 2000-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 69 comments

2000-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My family owned one. Slow, uncomfortable, crappy build quality, horrible gas mileage. Chrysler tried something different, I'll give them that, and my mother liked it because she's a gardener and with the seats down you can fit almost twenty bags of mulch in it, but that still doesn't make it any more than Seriously Uncool.

My mom has an '04 turbo. It's not bad.

Somewhat quick for what it is, and the look on some ricer's face when he gets beat in a stoplight race by a PT Cruiser is pretty funny as well.

Take the back seats out and it is able to carry a 2 stage snowblower.

Cool.

It's one of those retro designs that looked so much cooler than most other cars on this side of the Atlantic at the turn of the Millennium. So different and yet so... tawdry, as many soon discovered.

Then I realised a decade had passed and theses things were still rolling off the line. This did not deserve such a long production run.

build quality of a fake breast implant

Weren't the passenger airbag covers on the dashboard made of those? Or did they just happen to share a similar consistency (IIRC)?

Last edited:
Let me think...
"Could you park that thing somewhere bit further away from my house, just so that no one would think it was owned by someone that lives in this house"

Seriously uncool.

An interesting styling exercise, much like the Prowler or the 300C.

But then, that's all it was to it. Could've been better if the rest of the car were as enticing as the wrapper. Uncool.

Well, the car world, and every other world, needs some imperfection...it makes the good stuff that much better.
Seriously Uncool.

This is what you bought when you stopped caring about life and cars.

Piece of crap engineering. SU.

Fell in love with it from the very first time I saw it. And yeah, it was also my 1st car in GT3. It always gets my attention whenever I see one, and yes, if I had the chance, I'd buy and own one.

Subzero.

My grandparents have a champagne colored one. Looks ugly, drives awful, but I have picked up many car parts in it.

Seriously uncool.

It's the Shame Car. Seriously uncool.

Seriously Uncool, it looks ridiculous. I mean, it really is a pain to look at one of these whenever I see one pop up on the street. I also imagine that anyone would look ridiculous when driving one of these.

Modern Chrysler. All of them mysteriously disappeared from our streets a couple of years after they stopped making them. (Guess why)
You don't see these on the street anymore? Well, aren't you lucky.

Fell in love with it from the very first time I saw it. And yeah, it was also my 1st car in GT3. It always gets my attention whenever I see one, and yes, if I had the chance, I'd buy and own one.

Subzero.

I loved it too. When I was young and played GT3 too.

But just because I somewhat did like it doesn't mean it's sub-zero or cool.

-spots Molieg actually voting Sub-zero-

...Mon Dieu. You actually like it from actually owning one?

****, this car also makes it to brainwash people. SOMEONE DITCH IT IN HELL ALREADY, QUICK!

I loved it too. When I was young and played GT3 too.

But just because I somewhat did like it doesn't mean it's sub-zero or cool.

-spots Molieg actually voting Sub-zero-

...Mon Dieu. You actually like it from actually owning one?

****, this car also makes it to brainwash people. SOMEONE DITCH IT IN HELL ALREADY, QUICK!

:lol:

Of course! Once I get enough money, it will be among my options ;)

I think this car was somewhat cool when it came out. It was kind of a fashion item much like the Beetle, and a breath of fresh air from the extremely boring and conservative American manufacturers.

Nowadays though I mostly see them being driven by strange looking old men or middle aged women. Uncool.

I can see these being very popular in Florida, driven by pensioners.

Seriously uncool.

Plus it actually got featured in GT3, and my 6 year old self thought it'd be the best starter car as it had the highest HP.:lol:

I thought the same, though I was 10. It was the first car in GT3 that I fully modified. Ah, the memories. :(

I give out plenty of cools and sz, its so refreshing for a car we can just all hate on. There is nothing good about this car, other than this one thread, that it can occupy an undesirable place on the wall.

Only thing worse is what? A Prius? Or maybe a scooter, but that isn't a car.

IMG_16053312254581_zpsy090yyzg.jpeg

Seriously uncool.

Back