GTP Cool Wall: 2000-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 69 comments

2000-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My mom had one of the first ones shipped to dealership and it was the car I learned to drive in, so it has a bit of a special place. It was also one of the coolest cars are when it launched and I remember my mom couldn't go anywhere without people wanting to see it inside and out, however now days it just isn't cool.

Now that you mention it Joey I do remember this car being a big hit when it came out. Granted I was only 5 but I can remember that.

Only experience I have with this car is my old girlfriends mom owning one, and nearly wrecking during the winter because the front wheel wells filled up with Snow.

My mom had one of the first ones shipped to dealership and it was the car I learned to drive in, so it has a bit of a special place. It was also one of the coolest cars are when it launched and I remember my mom couldn't go anywhere without people wanting to see it inside and out, however now days it just isn't cool.
This has to be the 1st time I have seen you post something positive about a car on the cool wall.

Last edited:
This thing was pretty popular when it came out, I still remember the RC PT Cruisers everyone had.
Plus it actually got featured in GT3, and my 6 year old self thought it'd be the best starter car as it had the highest HP.:lol:

First car that I bought in GT3. Seriously uncool.
I thought everyone bought a Miata as first car in GT3 :lol:
Actually I don't remember why I bought a Miata as first car in GT3 but it sort of became a GT ritual after that (though I did start out with a used FC in GT4) good times.

I thought everyone bought a Miata as first car in GT3 :lol:
Actually I don't remember why I bought a Miata as first car in GT3 but it sort of became a GT ritual after that (though I did start out with a used FC in GT4) good times.
LOL yep Miata. I was mad the MKIII Supra wasn't in GT3 because that was my previous starter car of choice.

Last edited:
Seriously Uncool..... I would have gone Meh if they had made an official panel van version. This thing is just ugly!

Seriously Uncool..... I would have gone Meh if they had made an official panel van version. This thing is just ugly!
What is odd is there was a panel van of a mini van that Chrysler sold at the time
2006_dodge_grand_caravan_base_mini_cargo_van_4___door_3___3l_1_lgw.jpg

This car is a perfect example of how you don't do revival-style design. I remember having a RC PT Cruiser that could be controled by a watch but that eventually broke down, probably like most of the real life PTs. Not to mention that the convertible version is even more horrendous looking, with a ill-fitting security arc and a crap hood. Much like the New Bettle, this car was a fashion trend that has gone seriously out of style.

SERIOUSLY UNCOOL. And that's the end of that.

As much as I want to love this fat, heavy swine, I just can't, knowing that the Neon exists. Better than the HHR in my opinion, though. Being a Mopar is the only thing that redeems it from being seriously uncool.

Back