GTP Cool Wall: 2008+ Volkswagen CC

2008+ Volkswagen CC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what "CC" stands for?

Comfort Coupe.

Cars built for comfort, unless they're 50's or 60's barges, are automatically uncool.

Why is being uncomfortable cool? I've never known sitting in sport car seats (recaros) for long drives and adjusting every 30-50 miles to be cool...

Anyways I gave it a meh, because the current version isn't cool but isn't so bad that it deserves uncool status. I wish it was an image of the pre-face lift and the one I've come to see more often especially tuned or slightly modded.

you know this one:

vw-passat-cc-1_1280.jpg

Meh. Hopped into the success train of the CLS but doesn't change the fact that it's a Passat.

It's not. But there's a point where it gets overwhelming.

The only time it gets overwhelming is when you buy an upper executive sedan/family sedan like a C class Merc or E class or 5 series. You know the ones that massage and warm your butt at the same time while cooling your face with quad climate control

Because ladies love it when you arrive for a date with your pelvis dislocated - and there's nothing they want more than to be taken home in it and have their spine compressed. "I can't, I'm paralysed from the waist down" is the sexiest line on Earth.

I guess that's why my wife was so impressed with the uncomfortable bucket seats I picked her up in on our first date, driving a 2500 Dodge Ram Diesel. And that Diesel rumble must have sealed the deal too. :sly::D

I find these to be solidly cool. It's a modern VW with character and beautiful lines. Everything is just so reasonably perfect about it.

Being comfortable isn't uncool. A car built for comfort, to the point where it has "comfort" right in the name, is uncool. Because comfort is boring and usually involves softening a car in ways that are uncool anyway. Coolness is a big loud engine, a loud stereo, quick steering, and a low-to-the-ground setup.

Being comfortable isn't uncool. A car built for comfort, to the point where it has "comfort" right in the name, is uncool. Because comfort is boring and usually involves softening a car in ways that are uncool anyway. Coolness is a big loud engine, a loud stereo, quick steering, and a low-to-the-ground setup.
The first two make the driver look like a douche. The latter two describe a sports car. Douche = uncool. Sports != cool. Opinions blah blah but I don't see the connection.

Actually those are usually considered all obnoxious things to the point they are uncool in most cases. Bottoming out and hurting your back because you have stance addiction isn't cool. A loud stereo that has that annoying crap like static backdrop in the treble and bass isn't cool either, poor quality makes it uncool. Big engines...not really cool hence why most fast engines with good noise are smaller. And loud engines due to the type of muffler you like is absolutely uncool.

Actually those are usually considered all obnoxious things to the point they are uncool in most cases. Bottoming out and hurting your back because you have stance addiction isn't cool.

Low ride height =/= JDM HELLAFLUSH STANCE BRO

A loud stereo that has that annoying crap like static backdrop in the treble and bass isn't cool either, poor quality makes it uncool.

Who says it has to be poor quality?

Big engines...not really cool hence why most fast engines with good noise are smaller.

Big engines can be fast, and there are few noises better than that made by a cross-plane V8.

And loud engines due to the type of muffler you like is absolutely uncool.

Glasspacks are only uncool to snobs, which, incedentally, are the kind of people I associate luxury cars cars with.

Low ride height =/= JDM HELLAFLUSH STANCE BRO

Considering that isn't the only car group to do it, thanks for playing and losing.

Who says it has to be poor quality?

No offense but most people who talk about the loud stereos don't know heads or tails of how to buy the proper parts for one or don't have it built at a quality audio shop because they don't have the funds. However, that doesn't stop them buying a bad quality one...now I say no offense because it's usually people like you that talk about it, the types that put them in cars that really have no business needing that.

Big engines can be fast, and there are few noises better than that made by a cross-plane V8.

No one said big engines can't, and since I've actually done more work on them then you have...

Also I understand frost bite is quite the destroyer of ears in Alaska but that is no excuse for saying cross plane V8s >nearly everything else.

Glasspacks are only uncool to snobs, which, incedentally, are the kind of people I associate luxury cars cars with.

To snobs that know how to save their money on quality equipment, yes they're uncool. Sorry they have more sense than you? And if luxury is having something that sounds great and works great because they saved up for it then I'm guilty. Sorry I don't see the use in spending my money as soon as I get it for something as equally as silly as a coffee can exhaust tip.

Last edited:
I'm going to have to side with W&N this, partly anyways. Cool is, to me, an in your face, bold styled car that obnoxiously loud preferably with a V8 but that's on a case by case basis. At least to me anyways. I'm not going to argue if you disagree because not everyone will, and that's perfectly ok.

I'm going to have to side with W&N this, partly anyways. Cool is, to me, an in your face, bold styled car that obnoxiously loud preferably with a V8 but that's on a case by case basis. At least to me anyways. I'm not going to argue if you disagree because not everyone will, and that's perfectly ok.

But he didn't say that. He gave vague details that can be taken anywhere, and that's what I did. You gave a bit more description.

Couple that with what he's said in the past. It's pretty easy to piece together.

Oh I see what you're doing so I have to recite past info and cant hold him to a standard I do everyone else to be concise without making people search for it. The point is that it was vague and other than the loud engine being explained I still don't get what style he is talking about...

Everything that isn't "luxury" is what he think is cool.

Well that's still vague so you've failed to inform and infer anything really. His subjective ideas could find comfort in the seat belt does that make it a luxury or a necessity...you see what I'm getting at.

Everything that isn't "luxury" is what he think is cool.

I'd take a Lexus LS400 over a certain very loud, obnoxious low to the ground car that someone here trumpets from the rooftop anyday.

It'd be faster and cooler too.

lexus_ls400-Bomex-wallpaper.jpg

And it comes with electric leather seats and other disgusting creature comforts that shouldn't be in a car and ruins the driving dynamics.

Not that live rear axles and flimsy chassis design do that of course.

I actually like the sound of a glasspack, and the fact that it does very little to actually muffle the car's engine. The fact that they're cheap is just icing on the cake.

A cherry bomb, to the layman. You know, those horrible sounding things that cause you to burst into laughter as a Civic Sedan drives past with one welded on :lol:

Back