GTP Cool Wall: 2008+ Volkswagen CC

2008+ Volkswagen CC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am certainly not very fond of Volkswagen cars nowadays,. It has a serious and luxury cool, a nice design, look great in black. If this would be a cheaper choice for a luxury car such as mercedes, this nailed it. Cool.

Just another rather boring european sedan, loaded with technology. Unless your a serious VW nut, its not going to be a head turner. not uncool, not cool, just a meh

Big engines can be fast, and there are few noises better than that made by a cross-plane V8.

May I present an inline 5, a V6, a inline 6, an F1 V8, and a V12:

The world isn't just an American V8.

This car is cool in the same way as the Merc CLS. It's a brake from the traditional designed saloons and boosts from the meh factor to cool.

No it's not, and the only reason you think that most likely is because of it's relation to the the Ferrari engines of the same family group that are actually flat plane.
That's partly why, and partly because James May mentioned it on Top Gear. However, he appears to have been mistaken. 👍

Cool.

Honestly I don't see why people say this car is bland, more like tastefully understated. Not every car needs to have bulges in the hood, aggressively shaped headlights packed with LEDs, huge wheels, etc. to look noticeable and exciting.

Also, in North America at least the CC is in the same price bracket as the BMW 3-Series/Audi A4/Merc C-Class, and its just as luxurious and nice to drive, while providing better value for the money and looking much better. Therefore anyone who buys one of these things is someone who's at least somewhat interested in cars, and was open minded instead of just buying one of the German Big 3 because of the badge.

Why would one buy this when they could get a very well equipped Passat for much less? Uncool.
Or, to play Devil's Advocate, why would anyone buy the regular Passat, when they could get the much better-looking and by most accounts better-driving CC for not a great deal more?

In before "The Passat's cool because it's a VW" or "because it has a diesel" or something. The Passat is VW's most boring car in a large range of mostly boring vehicles, and diesel is about as fun as dating Natalie Portman to find out she prefers playing Scrabble to partaking in bedroom activities.

Why would anyone buy the current American Passat at all if they had the ability to get the CC? I could buy a late 1990s Lumina if I wanted an ultra conservative piece of toast with spotty reliability.

Uncool. I associate all Passats with sales reps who sit a micrometer from one's rear bumper on the motorway. Only for the people who aspire to own an Audi so they can partake in similar practices.

Back