• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2009+ Citroen DS3 nominated by GT HP Nut

Citroen-DS3-2011-41.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2009
Style: 3-door hatchback, 3-door convertible
Engine: 85 ci/1,397 cc naturally aspirated inline 4 (rated 94 HP & 100 lb-ft), 98 ci/1,598 cc naturally aspirated inline 4 (rated 118-204 HP & 118-203 lb-ft), 95 ci/1,560 cc turbodiesel inline 4 (rated 89-110 HP & 170-199 lb-ft)
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, 4-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, Front-drive
Related: Citroen C3​

My take? Seemingly continuing a trend from the Dolomite Sprint last time, I can't bring myself to hate it depite the undersized engine some sources even list a 1.2 liter inline 3 as an available engine). Perhaps the styling has something to do with it - actually rather nice to look at, unlike a lot of small cars from the past few years, which tend to be either cutesy, ugly, or just plain bland. I'll give it Meh.

I actually like the DS3, and not just the Racing. And I if I were in the market for a car like this, I'd have it on a comparison list.

I'll give it a Cool.

Last edited:
One of the cars i will actually buy in real life.

You have that smile, oh little Citroen. But i will give you cool, because i want some speed in life too.

Cool. A fun, nicely-styled French hatchback, which is always a good recipe for cool. Also, it's not a MINI, which is even cooler.

As an unrelated aside, I saw a TV ad for one of these last night. Amazingly, this thing won best in class in the last J.D. Power reliability survey. Shows how far Citroen has come - not long ago it used to finish near the bottom in such surveys.

Gets a low sub zero from me. It's not a car I'd drool over, or be in awe of, but it's very stylish and yet quite sensible as well. It's just a cool car, no doubt about it.

Quirky design lifts it from the blandness of it's competitor's offerings.

It's now kind of what the Clio used to be.

I see these everywhere. While cooler than the average MINI, I'm indifferent towards the design and colour schemes.

It's a decent small car, but I'm not moved by it. Meh.

It's a Citroen, but it has a steering wheel that might as well be out of an old Saturn. So who cares.

Look at this:
Citroen-DS3-RED-Review-Steering-Wheel-carwitter.jpg

At a glance, it even looks like it has Saturn badging!

Disgusting.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's a perfectly good little car, but there's nothing about it that makes me want one. I'm in the market for a car exactly like this, but I've never even considered the DS3 as there is nothing that stands out. The only way I can describe it is it doesn't have the "Ooooo I want one" factor.

It's a meh from me.

My thoughts on this car:

Yawning.jpg

Uninspiring, boring looking economy car that you'd never catch me in, even if it is a good car overall. No thanks, I'll pass here.

Back