GTP Cool Wall: 2009+ Citroen DS3

2009+ Citroen DS3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know if you've noticed, but kids are idiots and make stupid choices and decisions - which is why we don't let them do some things independently or be involved in decision-making processes.

If we let their bedroom walls be the arbiter of cool, Justin Bieber and Twilight are cooler than any car.
So if a guy has a poster of a Ferrari with a hot chick standing next to it, in his garage, he's made a stupid decision? Or better yet, I'm an idiot and made a stupid decision putting a picture of a Camaro on my wall because it stands out and I thought it was a cool car? That's what you are implying.

Right, Ill make sure I take them all down and smother my wall with Priuses, Sunbirds, this things and every other econobox that I don't care about because they are just soooo cool.

Ironically enough every picture I have in my room is a GM vehicle.

Isn't this what you meant?

No. I meant what I said.

Well, then given the survey of this thread - you're wrong. There are car enthusiasts from all over the world here on GTP, and seeing the results, over 66% indeed DO give several craps about this car, and that translates to two thirds. Quite far away from your claimed one fourth.
You also need to remember the percentage of people who don't even know about this site or even get on the Internet. Though I must admit I may have exaggerated a bit. I do see where you are going with this however 👍

I'm also falling back into that thing I mentioned before where I said If I didn't agree I feel its automatically wrong. I wish I knew why that was.

So if a guy has a poster of a Ferrari with a hot chick standing next to it, in his garage, he's made a stupid decision? Or better yet, I'm an idiot and made a stupid decision putting a picture of a Camaro on my wall because it stands out and I thought it was a cool car? That's what you are implying.

I'm not sure you could have missed Famine's point any more if you'd tried.

Right, Ill make sure I take them all down and smother my wall with Priuses, Sunbirds, this things and every other econobox that I don't care about because they are just soooo cool.

Let's see...

Yeah, because the Prius and Sunbird are both so cool. Apart from to just about everyone, as they both made it in to Seriously Uncool.

So lets just go with the coolest cars for our posters, which are... a Lamborghini and a Shelby.

:dunce:

Only if you're reading a completely different post.

Roo
I'm not sure you could have missed Famine's point any more if you'd tried.

Let's see...

Yeah, because the Prius and Sunbird are both so cool. Apart from to just about everyone, as they both made it in to Seriously Uncool.

So lets just go with the coolest cars for our posters, which are... a Lamborghini and a Shelby.

:dunce:
I gave 2 examples, there are ton of other cool cars out there.

But yet somehow this car is when it sees no purpose other than to do what the other 2 were designed for as well. Somehow this car is automatically cool because it doesn't have some of the issues or haters the other do. Yeah, no. Still not cool. Its an econobox. They are not cool period. qualities such as good gas mileage aren't cool. In fact that shouldn't even be a factor. You can bet I will take a Sunbird over this all day even if its a worse car. Why? Because it at least looks somewhat sporty ish. This is just bland and boring. At least that at looks halfway decent. But then again I'm willing to make that supposed reliability sacrifice for looks. Probably a lot easier to work on anyways.

Only if you're reading a completely different post.
I guess I'm not following where you going with this.

Last edited:
You can bet I will take a Sunbird over this all day even if its a worse car. Why? Because it at least looks somewhat sporty ish.

90068-ani_wtf_cube.gif

Ugly. Two doors, impractical... Meh.
Economy car with bad looks and only two doors. Just doesn't do it for me on any level. :indiff:

Btw, not in a million years would I take the sunbird over this lol.
Sunbird looks sporty ish :lol:
Yeah, and Rosie Odonnell looks sex ish. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Still not cool. Its an econobox.

This is just bland and boring.

...I know. That's why I voted meh.

If I was in the States I imagine I'd have voted the Sunbird meh too, because as far as I can see, it's a boring, bland car that I don't care for. I voted it uncool in the end because you'd have to be uncool to bother importing one to the UK.

It's almost like as W&N is gradually finding vehicles that aren't massive V8 lumps more interesting, you're moving in to fill the gap he's leaving.

Besides, having everyone think you're a tool by doing donuts in a car park is seriously uncool. But then I like sleeper cars. I find subtle power is cool because when donut tool comes up to you and starts showing off, you leave him behind with a prod of right foot that he doesn't expect.

That said, I'm well aware I'm arguing about what's cool with a pigeon...

Have another bash at reading the first post then - you clearly ballsed up the first pass.

Kids are stupid. We don't let kids decide things. If we let kids decide what's cool based on their bedroom walls, Bieber is cool. How do you get "People who have Ferrari posters are idiots" from that?

@Slash -- I agree, fuel mileage generally shouldn't factor into how cool a car is. So the fact that the DS3 is an "econobox" should be irrelevant.

There's more to cars than just FWD/RWD. Or just cylinder numbers. Or physical size. Or MPGs. Or styling. Considering a range of possible factors, and combinations of factors, is how someone could decide an "itty-bitty little econobox" is cool. Between that and "we all have our own perception of what's cool or not" I'm not sure what else there is to understand.

You also need to remember the percentage of people who don't even know about this site or even get on the Internet.
Indeed. And nearly quarter of a million of them have bought Citroen DS3s.
Its an econobox. They are not cool period.
So was the original Mini. And the original Beetle. As is, technically, every hot hatchback ever made. Are all of those uncool too?

The term "econobox" used as a sort of pseudo-derogatory term needs to die. It was fair enough when tinny boxes like Ford Festivas and Geo Metros were all the rage but now it's just a by-word used by people ignorant of how incredibly good modern small cars have become.
qualities such as good gas mileage aren't cool. In fact that shouldn't even be a factor.
Which is fine, except nobody in the thread - and I've checked every post - has correlated its coolness with fuel economy.

Apart from you, as an excuse as to why it's not cool. I'm not sure why it's not okay for people to like cars that happen to be efficient as a byproduct of their design, but it's okay to declare them uncool for the same reason.

For someone who has supposedly "changed" recently your posts in this thread are a spectacular regression to the Slash of old. "Everyone has opinions... but yours are all wrong because I don't personally understand the appeal of something that isn't a hulking lump of rusty iron".

Roo
...I know. That's why I voted meh.

If I was in the States I imagine I'd have voted the Sunbird meh too, because as far as I can see, it's a boring, bland car that I don't care for. I voted it uncool in the end because you'd have to be uncool to bother importing one to the UK.

And that's fine, I am not arguing against that. Though the same could be said for this car.

Roo
It's almost like as W&N is gradually finding vehicles that aren't massive V8 lumps more interesting, you're moving in to fill the gap he's leaving.

I will be straight up honest, there are very few engines I like that aren't V8's, regardless of what kind of power output they make. The sound alone is what does it for me. Everything else just doesn't sound good to me, while a V8 screams "power", even if they don't really make a lot like smog era V8's. I don't know, they just sound laughable.

Roo
Besides, having everyone think you're a tool by doing donuts in a car park is seriously uncool.

Exactly. I don't really care if it's supposedly seriously uncool. I'd do it anyways, because I find it fun an entertaining, so that's why I would do it.

Roo
But then I like sleeper cars. I find subtle power is cool because when donut tool comes up to you and starts showing off, you leave him behind with a prod of right foot that he doesn't expect.

I do like sleeper cars too however, that's for sure. I think they can be quite cool :)

Sunbird looks sporty ish :lol:

I think it looks much better than this :lol:

@Slash -- I agree, fuel mileage generally shouldn't factor into how cool a car is. So the fact that the DS3 is an "econobox" should be irrelevant.

There's more to cars than just FWD/RWD. Or just cylinder numbers. Or physical size. Or MPGs. Or styling. Considering a range of possible factors, and combinations of factors, is how someone could decide an "itty-bitty little econobox" is cool. Between that and "we all have our own perception of what's cool or not" I'm not sure what else there is to understand.

Yes, I agree with you but at the end of the day, a lot of the cars that get voted on in the CW won't ever get driven by any of us to form a true, or even more direct opinion on.

It just doesn't meet what I think is cool.

Indeed. And nearly quarter of a million of them have bought Citroen DS3s.

It doesn't really matter how many are sold though, that doesn't necessarily make it cool. However, I get what you are saying.

So was the original Mini. And the original Beetle. As is, technically, every hot hatchback ever made. Are all of those uncool too?

Yes, to me at least.

The term "econobox" used as a sort of pseudo-derogatory term needs to die. It was fair enough when tinny boxes like Ford Festivas and Geo Metros were all the rage but now it's just a by-word used by people ignorant of how incredibly good modern small cars have become.

How good they are is irrelevant to if they are cool or not. You can have the best car in the world but if it's ugly it's not going to be cool.

Which is fine, except nobody in the thread - and I've checked every post - has correlated its coolness with fuel economy.

I never said they did, in this thread anyways. But I believe they have in the past.

For someone who has supposedly "changed" recently your posts in this thread are a spectacular regression to the Slash of old. "Everyone has opinions... but yours are all wrong because I don't personally understand the appeal of something that isn't a hulking lump of rusty iron".

I guess you are right. As I've said prior to, this car might not be a bad car, but it doesn't mean it isn't a cool car. I just got hung up on all this. I can appreciate it for what it is, but again that doesn't make it cool. That's all I'm trying to say. I have a hard time grasping cars that don't appeal to me.

Pffft I have a picture of the DS3 (well in WRC trim at least) hanging up in my office, everyone's argument invalid :lol:

:lol:
Bc4
@Slash

You should really open up your mind to other types of cars, especially if you consider yourself a car enthusiast

I have a really hard time doing that. A lot of cars straight up do not appeal to me at all, and this is one of them.

Last edited:
Sorry lol. I don't find them cool at all. They look ok I guess, but there performance is abysmal at best.

Cool for me. French, small, tight chassis, all you need to know.

Upper almost subzero for me. Its a cool little car. I would drive it daily. (depending on how well it "babys")

More like seriously uncool.

Wanna talk about those 70s and 80s V8s you love so much that only produce 20 more horsepower than an engine three times smaller in these hatchbacks you're bashing?

Except those engines have high potential for not of lot of cash. I don't know if the same could be said for the smaller engines. I said prior to, I like them because of their sounds, regardless of what power they put out stock. I can't say the same for these.

Back