GTP Cool Wall: 2009+ Porsche Panamera

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 95 comments

2009+ Porsche Panamera

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seriously Uncool because of its entirely ungainly looks, Cool because it and the Cayenne have in turn produced better Cayman/Boxster and even 911 models.

Rounds out to a low Uncool.

I think Joey hit it on the head. Immensely capable, yes, but still seriously uncool.

What is the point of it? What is the point of it?

If you want to buy a Porsche to be flashy and go fast, you buy a 911. If you want to buy a Porsche to be flashy and carry the kids around, you buy a Cayenne. The Panamera is just the awkward thing in the middle that doesn't know what to do with itself. The only mildly cool Panamera is the Turbo S, but even then I'm still not too keen.

If you want to buy a Porsche to be flashy and go fast, you buy a 911. If you want to buy a Porsche to be flashy and carry the kids around, you buy a Cayenne. The Panamera is just the awkward thing in the middle that doesn't know what to do with itself. The only mildly cool Panamera is the Turbo S, but even then I'm still not too keen.

Why do you need an SUV to carry kids? Panamera makes more sense in the UK than the Cayenne.

edit: Meant to say, this is about the only current Porker I'd consider buying.. I mean I wouldn't, but I'd consider it... I dislike many things about Porsche, but I've always had a soft spot for the Panamera...

... it's not cool however. At all.... ... it's a Porsche.

Last edited:

If you want to buy a Porsche to be flashy, carry the kids around, and go fast.

A Porsche SUV is the "wtf were they thinking" vehicle in their lineup, and now they have two of them...

While the Panamera isn't liked by all for it's looks, it's still a great car and makes more sense than an SUV.

That being said... it's a front engine Porsche, and they've all been uncool.

A Porsche SUV is the "wtf were they thinking" vehicle in their lineup, and now they have two of them...

While the Panamera isn't liked by all for it's looks, it's still a great car and makes more sense than an SUV.

That being said... it's a front engine Porsche, and they've all been uncool.

The 924, 928, 944 and 968 would like a word. Yes, all of them.

I still see a good few 924s and 944s around here, plus perhaps 3 or 4 928s and 968s in a year. Don't really see many other of their peers, though they did sell quite a few of them in the UK admittedly.

If they'd just build the Sport Turismo concept:

porsche-panamera-sport-turismo-concept-628.jpg

It'd get a cool. It fixes the Notre Dame proportions on the back, and improved the front too.

Since they didn't though, this got an SU with some incredible quickness. It's one of only a handful of cars my girlfriend will point out when she sees them on the road, only to blurt "look, the ugly and confused Porsche"! It might be beyond competent as a drive - and you wouldn't have to look at it from the inside - but it's so willfully ugly, that it might just be more justified as the target for the "Porsche designers are the laziest designers" shtick that normally gets tossed at the 911.

If they'd just build the Sport Turismo concept:

porsche-panamera-sport-turismo-concept-628.jpg

It'd get a cool. It fixes the Notre Dame proportions on the back, and improved the front too.

Agreed, much better looking, and would definitely consider.

It might be beyond competent as a drive - and you wouldn't have to look at it from the inside - but it's so willfully ugly

It is sooo ugly! it might be a good car..but to wake up every morning and see the
Panamera In my drive way!..no thanks

It's unspeakably ugly!:crazy::crazy:

I'm not old enough to drive yet but I've had a ride in both the Base and the Turbo, and I have to say they pretty much brilliant. Super comfortable, quiet, surprisingly spacious and fast. They've been growing on me and I don't find them that ugly anymore.

But, it's not cool, not even by a bit.

Back