Frontal Aspect

Body Style: 5-door liftback sedan
Engine: 1.5L turbocharged I4
Power: 200hp
Torque: 190 lb-ft
Weight: 1340kg
Transmission: CVT, 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: front engine, front wheel drive
Additional Information: The new Integra will only be offered in North American markets. This nomination does not include the Chinese-spec Integra. Starting price is $31,900, and $35,800 with the 6-speed manual. Although it has almost identical specifications compared to the Civic SI, reviewers have found the Integra to be quicker and more refined.
AAXKVsf.img

acura-integra-2023-202285588-1647169012_3.jpg

2023-Acura-Integra-Interior-Dashboard.jpg

It's meh, but that's fine for what it is. I like the looks and the manual, which save it from uncool, and there'll probably be a Type S later on if we want a cooler one.

Controversial but I’m going to go with cool.

What’s an Integra? What has always been an Integra? It has always been a slightly hotter Civic with some different body panels. Despite being a four door car this one fits the brief that all the other Integra models also follow.

It’s a relatively affordable, handsomely styled (IMO) sports sedan with practicality, enough performance to have some fun and that all-important manual transmission. Honestly the manual is pulling most of the legwork for my cool verdict.

It was great that the Honda/Acura Integra returned in America. Coming back in THIS form, though... not as intrigued. I have never loved or hated Acura styling. I was always in the middle. That is, except for the NSX. I prefer the 1998-ish Honda/Acura Integra as my favorite Integra. Also, I sort of fancy the old Acura RSX (which is the Honda Integra in Japan). All things considered, I'm going Meh on this new-age Integra.

To me, as someone whose country only ever got the DC2 and DC5 Type-Rs, a mildly sporting four door saloon doesn't do the name justice. Uncool.

This could have easily been another forgettable reworked Civic that followed Acura's forgettable naming convention and no one would have noticed its arrival. Instead, they revive a name that's long been synonymous with the range-topper from the previous two generations and attach it to said reworked Civic. Good. Everyone noticed... 😬

This market segment already has nicer alternatives. Cooler alternatives.
To me, as someone whose country only ever got the DC2 and DC5 Type-Rs, a mildly sporting four door saloon doesn't do the name justice. Uncool.
It falls more in line with the first gen Integra we got in the 80s with a hint of later generation warmth. But at least that had a more purposeful identity than this current offering by filling the hefty size gap between the Civic and Accord.

lol I read the other day that Honda deeply decontents the Civic Si in America to try and setup a justification for the Integra to exist.

Truly a measure of a cool car.

I don't think I am going to bring anything insightful to this but to me it is too similar to the Civic and doesn't have anything that it seem like an Integra. I guess it'll be a reasonable steer but Meh.

I thought initially that this would be a meh vote, because it's kinda boring.
Then, I thought about how it seems that Acura is trying too hard to justify the name. That and it feels like a pointless car to make.
Both of those reasons make it uncool to me, it's a car that's trying too hard, but doesn't have a significant purpose in existing.

Looks a little bit generic. But it's the 1st time in a while I actually kinda like an Integra.

Cool.

Back