GTP Cool Wall: 2nd Gen Dodge Challenger

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 95 comments

Dodge Challenger Gen.2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@nick

I won't quote your post but I will say just because its not practical doesnt mean it stops people from doing it. A lot of muscle cars are setup similarly around here and they are street driven constantly. I ran very high compression v8 for years at 117 octane in one of our old motors. And yes it was driven on the street daily.

Last edited:
Enough! The laws are different pertaining to motor vehicles almost everywhere, so this may be legal in, say for example, Florida or Nevada, and not in Ohio or Oklahoma. I also feel the need to insert the fast-forgotten idea that these polls are for the factory machines, but it's still "To each their own."

BTW, I couldn't tell you what places allow cars like that if I had every lawbook staring me in the face, so take it for what you will.

I understand. I don't mean to cutter up things or to drag things off topic to much, sorry about that. Here's last years schedule right through OK.👍 http://www.dragzine.com/news/drag-week-2012-dates-announced-convoy-rolls-out-sept-9-in-tulsa/. I know that was just a example but by chance, there it is. It differs every year though. The car's that participate come from all over the country. They are legal and registered in their home states.

Yes, when voting in the polls. I base that vote on the stock vehicle. Hence the Cosmo fiasco.

I voted cool, because even though it is nothing like the challenger before it which is one of my favourite American cars, it is still a cool car. If it was a car I had to choose to live with in real life, I would pick it over any other challenger as previous models are too big and heavy for my liking.

Results Time:

In the case of the 1978-1983 Dodge Challenger, the voting members of GTPlanet have ruled it to be Seriously Uncool.

Uncool, it's RWD and I don't find the look of it too bad, but it's not aggressive looking enough nor powerful enough to live up to the challenger name. Like most people here have said, it would've been cooler if it wasn't named the challenger.

Back