• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
.: 2007+ Fiat Nuova 500 suggested by Moglet :.

fiat5001big.jpg

Specs:
http://www.fiat.co.uk/showroom/comp...50,150&ses=true&hash=showroom/new_500/compare

Last edited:
Cool. It's sort of a competitor to the MINI and based on the reviews quite a good car. I don't really like the styling, but it's there to stand out and be different and doesn't look like every other car on the road...which is good and something I do find cool. The one thing keeping this out of Sub-Zero is that Chrysler is supposed to start building them, which to me is uncool. But the retro-ness, fun to drive factor, and the fact that it's a small Euro hatchback is enough for me to vote "cool".

Cool from me. It's one of few retro styled cars that manages to appear as a well rounded design without looking like too much of a pastiche of the original. It doesn't just look like an old car 'skin' stretched over a much more modern car, which most of them do.

Oh wow, I can see this going the way of the SportKa thread.

Uncool from me. Tiny Italian Cutesyness, maybe the Abarth would be cool, but to me this is as cool as a shopping trolley filled with DIY Cafe-latte sachets.

Cool.

It looks good. It costs less than a Mini.

Why not uncool?

Though it may be "retro", it's not as big a travesty as the "New Beetle".

Why not Subzero?

For one, too many cylinders. For another, the engine is at the wrong end of the car. :lol: Not that front-wheel drive isn't good. It's just that I was kind of hoping this would be an ass-engined Mussolini mobile... lol:

Cool, because it has style to equal substance.

Would have been sub zero if it had a scorpion and a few extra hps, or a red one with Ferrari badges, a 430 style diffuser and more carbon fibre than you can shake a passionate Italian fist at.

Cool. Would be sub Zero if it would be RR-layout like the original.. but no, it had to be like New Beetle.

I think this is a great car... I gave it cool as this car is cheap (not available in Malaysia though) and Hmmmmm... The design is like classic-modern which is very good!!!

I think this is a great car... I gave it cool as this car is cheap (not available in Malaysia though) and Hmmmmm... The design is like classic-modern which is very good!!!

I don't think it's that cheap, the UK spec one goes for £11,000 which seems sort of high when compared to other small cars. The 500 falls into the same traps as the MINI, it's priced high because it is unusual and people will pay the premium for it.

I'll be curious to see the price when it comes state side, I'm guessing $19,000 or around it at least.

I don't think it's that cheap, the UK spec one goes for £11,000 which seems sort of high when compared to other small cars. The 500 falls into the same traps as the MINI, it's priced high because it is unusual and people will pay the premium for it.

I'll be curious to see the price when it comes state side, I'm guessing $19,000 or around it at least.

Really?? I don't care because this car looks is really rare and no wonder if they placed it as unusual cars. If it's 11,000p, then in Malaysia could be MYR44,000 so that isn't really that expensive but quite expensive for such size... Oh yeah forgot about road tax and tax :P

If it comes to state side, I think it could be USD19,000 as you stated up there. Dare I say it is still cheap for such an ''unusual car'' :D

Cool

I passed one on the way to wrok this morning and thought 'what a great looking little car'... unpretentious, not too retro and good to drive according to the press.

Cool. Not a BINI, which is always a plus, small and sprightly, a good drive, and coming to the US.

Cool, it seems like the perfect combination of old/new styles. It is also the only compact I would consider buying.

Cool.

It's small, good looking, and nimble. Something you would give a thumbs-up to on the road, but not something you would stop and drool over in a parking lot.

($5 says Moglet gives this one a sub-zero.)

I don't think it's that cheap, the UK spec one goes for £11,000 which seems sort of high when compared to other small cars.

What? It's £8,500 :lol:
£9,500 for the Lounge model like mine.

($5 says Moglet gives this one a sub-zero.)

I'm not even going to vote as it would be biased :P

What? It's £8,500 :lol:
£9,500 for the Lounge model like mine.

I'm not even going to vote as it would be biased :P

Everyone else is voting with their hearts too so your may aswell. Vote sub-zero, you know you want to.

I didn't think it through much at all to be honest. Although this is one of them cars that did take a little thought. Half of me wanted to vote Cool and the other half Uncool, I would have put it in the middle, if I could. In the end I voted Uncool as I just couldn't justify giving it a Cool.

Cool, it's an awesome car, I'd vote it sub-zero, except for the fact that there's an Abarth that's even cooler.

Cool

Its a small car that's managed to find its personality, and keep it. FIAT has treated it well thus far, and its future looks promising. Unlike a particular VW that sat on the shelf too long.

RE: USDM MSRP?

I think $19K is going to be waaay too high for them to sell in large numbers. If the prospects of having a Fiesta are true in or around $13K, the 500 is going to have to come in right around there. I think that, for a nicely equipped petrol 500, we're looking at $15K with a good amount of standard kit. At least. Although I have little doubt in my mind that it will eventually reflect MINI price schemes.

Was the new Beetle ever a good car, though?

As for USDM price, I'm seeing $15,000 as being the starting point. Far enough away from the Mini but close enough to entry level that its feasible.

Was the new Beetle ever a good car, though?

Well I think at one time it was an okay car. As I recall, the problem with it is that it handles like a '90s Passat, has the same footprint as a '90s Passat, and yet manages to be less practical than the outgoing Polo. And is priced like the wheels are made of gold, of course.

Wow it looks like I'm a very very small minority. :lol:

You guessed it, I voted seriously uncool. I hate small cars and I hope that chrysler's cars don't become like this.:yuck:

One thing we are forgetting is the gauge cluster:

Awesome? Or fricken' sweet?

Admittedly, that's from the Abarth model, but I cannot find one from the standard car that isn't hilariously doctored.

Back