GTP Cool Wall: Fiat Nuova 500. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 62 comments

Fiat 500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Admittedly, that's from the Abarth model, but I cannot find one from the standard car that isn't hilariously doctored.

*Image might be missing, sorry*
car3mb.jpg

I hate small cars and I hope that chrysler's cars don't become like this.:yuck:

Not all of us have something to make up for though and just want something fun and economical to run.

Last edited:
Sub Zero, just.

Combination of looks, and how it drives. My favourite of these small car redone jobs...

However as soon as I start seeing them used by estate agents etc (in the way the mini ended up), it will be going straight to seriously uncool!

It'll remain cool until everyone has one, the same fate that befell the MINI.

Seriously Uncool, 23%

You're really going to have to start explaining these percentages. Why 23% exactly and not 22%? Or 24%? Or a nice round 25%?

You're probably the poster who is most transparently voting with a positive correlation between power and coolness too... given that you gave the awful 9ff another wonderfully random percentage of 86%. Seeing as the 9ff's only positive characteristic is power I have to assume that you're voting cool based solely on this.

Last edited:
Cool.

It's a sweet little car. Fad-mobiles like these just have something about them that make me want them. I guess what could be cooler than a classic economical hatchback that's been fancied up a bit? And there is nothing wrong with it. It's just not sub-zero because there's nothing about it that really sets it apart from the cool category.

You guessed it, I voted seriously uncool. I hate small cars and I hope that chrysler's cars don't become like this.:yuck:

What's wrong with a small car? Around GTP people seem to prefer them because they're lighter and get pretty decent fuel mileage. Plus, they're affordable (more or less).

Me, I drive a GTI. It's plenty big for everything I need to do, and is small enough to do all kinds of city driving that would be difficult in a bigger car. If I needed more room, I wouldn't be opposed to owning a wagon. But I think that even our XC70 is hard to drive due to its size.

It'll remain cool until everyone has one, the same fate that befell the MINI.

MINIs are uncool now? I still think the Coopers are pretty sweet cars, especially the JCW ones. And for the same reasons I like the 500.

You're really going to have to start explaining these percentages. Why 23% exactly and not 22%? Or 24%? Or a nice round 25%?

My guess is that it's a random number that he picks from a region from his gut feeling.

Jeez :rolleyes:

Somebody doesn't like your car, big deal, but can we not take this thread down that path?

It's nothing to do with that, it was the 'I hate small cars' comment that I was referring to.

Uncool.

Looks ok, and might be fun in the Abarth version.

But when it makes it's way over here it'll more than likely go the same way as the New Beetle, PT Cruiser, etc. That is to totally miss its target audience of younger people and become the official ride of middle age women.

MINIs are uncool now? I still think the Coopers are pretty sweet cars, especially the JCW ones. And for the same reasons I like the 500.

Owning a MINI in the states is a different experience then owning one in Europe. In the US they are a small car that is cool and different, in Europe it's just an overpriced small car that is like most other things on the road.

Is it just me? Or have we been getting a lot of Euro Subcompacts through here lately? Those things just don't appeal to me. And this car particularly rubs me the wrong way as well.

UNCOOL

WHOA!!!

Just looked at the polls, apparently a lot of people like this car. 72%!!! COUNTACH!!!

Is it just me? Or have we been getting a lot of Euro Subcompacts through here lately? Those things just don't appeal to me. And this car particularly rubs me the wrong way as well.

UNCOOL

WHOA!!!

Just looked at the polls, apparently a lot of people like this car. 72%!!! COUNTACH!!!

When the nomination thread opens up you'll be allowed to nominate whatever it is you like. You'll just have to be prepared to face the facts if you nomination is voted in the opposite way you want it to go.

When the nomination thread opens up you'll be allowed to nominate whatever it is you like. You'll just have to be prepared to face the facts if you nomination is voted in the opposite way you want it to go.

I know, I've got a nomination queued up already. Although it'll be awhile until it finally comes up. I'm already expecting my nomination to get bashed by everyone else but I'm sure at least some people will have mercy.

Owning a MINI in the states is a different experience then owning one in Europe. In the US they are a small car that is cool and different, in Europe it's just an overpriced small car that is like most other things on the road.

It's different here, as well.

Thanks to low labor costs, most of the "fashionable" crowd have drivers.

And if you have a driver, you're not buying a car with a back seat like the Mini's.

People who buy the new Mini here are often enthusiasts, guys who know exactly what they want. I've actually seen more Cooper S's and even JCW versions (one guy has the limited edition... and his car number is 1007... schweet) than base Minis.

Seriously Uncool, 23%

You do realize that, that is not even possible don't you, or do you not know how percentages work. This is a four choice poll so the MINIMUM % you would need to win would be 26%. This could happen if Sub-Zero picked up 24% and Cool and Uncool both picked up 25%, that would leave 26% Seriously Uncool. Percentage has to add up to 100%, whether you like it or not. I would like you to tell me what % the others got and how that makes Serioulsy Uncool the winner with 23%, that should be interesting.:lol:

He's rating the cars on some sort of percentage system in his own little world.

Seems to be 0% = seriously uncool, 100% = maximum sub-zero.

He's rating the cars on some sort of percentage system in his own little world.

Seems to be 0% = seriously uncool, 100% = maximum sub-zero.

I am glad you understand it because I don't, that is a points system, not a percentage system. Why can't he just say 23points equals Seriously Uncool, adding the percent makes what he is saying complete nonsense.

I think a % system is totally plausible... ?

You judge the car in a number of categorys, for each one you give it marks out of 10, the percentage then represents the points awarded / total points available.

The fact it's a percentage just equalises things... what would be easier to 30/70 or 21% for instance?

then, simply it could be he's decided that <25% is seriously uncool, 25%-50% is un cool, 50% - 75% is cool, 75%+ is sub zero.

I'm only guessing at what he's doing here.. but thre are plenty of ways in which it makes sense.

The percentage system makes sense, but at the same time it's completely irrelevant when we already have four perfectly good categories. It'd be much more relevant to everyone if some sort of explanation was given for how cool/uncool he finds a car, rather than a completely arbitrary percentage.

Yes MatskiMonk, that could make sense, but isn't that a bit over the top for just deciding on whether a car is cool or not. If he indeed does do it like this I would like to know the 10 or more catergories he awards marks too, because I am not sure I could come up with Ten things that determine coolness.

I guess what I am saying is that I think he just picks a random number and goes with that, maybe if he explained how he comes to his conclusions in the How do you define a 'COOL' car? thread, I and everyone else would understand how he comes to these percentages.

I really love his percentage system. Just because it causes so much headache for some of you.

This post is 18% true, see I can do it to, it's nothing special, it doesn't annoy me, I would like an explaination that's all.

I was probably going to switch to a percentage system as well for the lulz, but based on how much annoyance it causes I'm definitely going to switch to one now.

Back