GTP F1 World championship. *PS3* Interest.

There doesn’t have to be only one race but different levels of competitors each week, everyone would get to race but maybe you wouldn’t get to race in the A main, maybe for a given track you would compete in the B main where you weren’t able to qualify for the A main. Maybe that same person was able to qualify for the A main in the last couple of races but now for that particular wk they just wouldn’t get any points towards the track championship but everyone would get to race.

How are the points going to be decided?

It is after all A GAME.
One which everyone is entitled to participate and enjoy

If your option gets chosen how are you going to have the points system that makes it fair for the people in the B race?

How are the points going to be decided?

Maybe use the real F1 point system, and if I’m not mistaken not everyone that races gets championship points in a given week. The system that could be chosen might duplicate what ever they give for how the F1 cars finish or maybe the last car in the A main gets at least 1 A main point, with a 16 car field the points would graduate up to 15 points for 2nd whereas 1st would get 17 points I’m also thinking that since some people are going drive better on some tracks then others and worse on some tracks, it kind of sorts it’s self out. Maybe there is a B championship and the same A main point structure would apply but they would be B points and some people wouldn’t qualify for the B main in a given week and they would have to race in the C main and those points would go towards a C championship for the year. You might get 1st in the C championship and 3rd in the B championship just like you can win multiple championships in NASCAR for a given year.

Last edited:
Darn... I can't afford to buy a new telly by the end of the week to play F1 2010. So I won't be using a steering wheel... and I won't be able to play the game as much as I was planning. I'll still try and get involved in this championship as often as possible.

My Go-Kart is burning a hole in my wallet!

Did I make the sign up in time? Really looking forward to online championships . Should be alot of fun!:)

PSN: GTP_DOUQA

Count me in.
I've been following this thread for a little while now and can see it may be difficult to keep everyone happy. Here's my idea, bear with me.

First of all race length: Myself I dont want full distance, I dont think I could handle it. Also with long races if you crash out or get punted off (which even with clean fair racers,WILL happen online from time to time) you score no points and if damage is enabled your race is over. This may lead to a lack of participation or even people immediately quitting and possibly(depending on online functionality) stopping everyone elses race.

Instead I think that if we get 40 participants we have 4 short races each, 10 players per race=16total races per raceday. If its 30 participants 3 races=9total races etc. This would mean if you have a bad race you've still got a chance to pick up points in the others.

Qualifying: No divisions, everyone in the same league with the possibilty of racing with any other player in the league, regardless of pace.

Basically then we need a way of randomly splitting the entire league into 4 different groups of 10 for every race(or 3 groups or 5,whatever). Every race it gets mixed up so you just race with whoever you end up with.

How to do that Im not sure. One idea is to get everyone to post in a thread at a set time, the order in which the posts appear defines the groups for each race(hopefully someone can come up with a better one).

Points wise I think 1st place should get 10 points and 10th place should get 1 point(encouraging people to keep going in the race even if dead last is all they'll manage)

Another thing is damage. If its realistic online it means your race can be over very easily. I think on raceday the first 3 races should be damage off/collisions on, then the final race damage on.(Assuming 40 participants 4 races each)

These are my ideas so Im sure people will have their own. We need to try and bring them together to get this working.

After taking part in the F1:CE 2nd, 3rd, 4th and partly the 5th GTP Championships, I would hate to be left out lol. Sundays would work best.

Perhaps, with so much interest we should have divisions? Then after each season, the top, however many are promoted and the bottom however many are relegated?
At least this way, everyone gets to participate :)

PSN: Kakundoo :)

Very much looking forward to racing my old Championship rivals :D...after (hopefully) some weeks of practice and getting stuck into career mode!

EDIT: Didn't read every post, so if the whole divisions thing has been suggested during the 7 pages, then I apologise :P

I'd like to enter. I picked up a release day copy on my way home from a long day of classes. About to pop it in the PS3 and see how it is!

GTP_tyl0r_r

Last edited:
I'd like to enter. I picked up a release day copy on my way home from a long day of classes. About to pop it in the PS3 and see how it is!

Oh lucky, I don't get mine to tomorrow or Friday:scared:. It's better than what some other people are waiting for though. America can't seem to find any.:lol:

Oh lucky, I don't get mine to tomorrow or Friday:scared:. It's better than what some other people are waiting for though. America can't seem to find any.:lol:

I'm Canadian and my local EB only had one copy that wasn't spoken for on pre-order! I nabbed it! I'm pretty surprised that I didn't see a shelf display or anything, I guess it's a little tough to find all over our continent.

Cool man, are you good at it? Mildashers could you change my name from lukeconnelly to akmuq as I changed profile.

Sry I saw that option but later found out that it is local lol But i think online can be set up with practice. Anyone online right now? Ill start adding people who are signed up. Online matches are a joke lol

Back