GTP F1 World championship. *PS3* Interest.

Ye I thought so because I tried it, but thought I missed something.

I'll be around for some practice sessions and stuff later as a warm up to the championship.

It's idea time. We've got to find a way to serve the perhaps 40 plus people.

We need to split up into NTSC and PAL. Couple reasons for that. For one, the connection would be smoother and have much less lag. I know from experience that playing with PAL users is very laggy, and especially with damage, it would create some serious problems. And we could all agree on a set time easier, since the PAL users and NTSC users are split by 6 hours at least.

Divisions within those. No, not between wheel and pad users, but we need to create some divisions, created at random, or based on speed in a division qualifier. I think we should go with the former.

And of course, we need to know who has the game and who doesn't, and a suitable time and day to do it.

I think we need to set a day/time when some of us can get together and do a custom GP to test things out

I'd be interested in participating, however I'd need to know the settings you guys are going to use.

I don't have a wheel and pedals (I have no where to set them up), so am using the PS3 pad. The problem is that the triggers are so difficult to manage, I need to race with traction control on.

I think we should have a qualifying before the race for everyone eg. 3 different rooms, combine the times and then group the people together in seperate and more competitive rooms.

id like to join if not too late and so would my brother ,my PSN-D34N0_33 and bro is PSN-binbag88, looking forward to some clean racing with you boys,we both have mics and can race any evening and weekends too ,uk times

I have ordered the game but it will probably be 2 weeks before it reaches my doorsteps so can I still join sems4arsenal

Hey, wondering if we could keep discussion on here. Is there a time frame we want to try and start this? I think one thing we could try is to have separate championships. Doing the whole split lobbies then comparing times is a lil silly and i think it will be quite annoying to go through all that work shuffling through it.

Last edited:
Keyz13 yes I would like to do it. But how do we regulate the use of assists and the like? I first played this game on the six-axis just to install and try it out with NO assists on and it's very temperamental at best for the most part. But with the same setup the play-seat and my G25, it's a dream to drive.
I've seen the time trial leader-boards of this game and noticed that all the top times people are using the driving assists, which says to me they are a definite advantage. Just curious how this would be addressed.

You can ban driving aids all together so there shouldn't be an issue there...

Hey guys. Im trying to get in touch with MildAshers about this championship. So we are still trying to get it together. I still propose ( and I may start a thread) that we have separate championships per 12 people. Because its just a pain when you cant have more than 12 racing against each other. It would end up being a WRC style system bc we would be comparing times only really.

Is anyone willing to host one?

This championship is still very much going on, no need for anyone to try and host another one. We will have to create separate championships with 12 each, but they must be split regionally. PAL users in one set of championships, and NTSC in another. This equalizes connection, and allows ease when organizing a time. So we will need to review all users who have asked to be involved and find out whether they are NTSC or PAL, so we can organize them all. Starting date will be this month, but it will be around mid to late of this month, because we need to allow as much time as we can to allow more users to write their name down as in for the championship, and there are still users who haven't yet gotten used to the game or even gotten it yet(like myself).

Some rules we need to set straight. Driving aids will all be off, with the exception of ABS. Pit limiter and pit box, that's up to you all, but i'll keep them on. Driving line, well, the driving line is good for learning the tracks, but with it on, the drivers will all just follow that line, or try to follow that line always, even when another driver is close, which may cause bumping or an accident. So I recommend that it be turned off. Transmission is optional. Weather on variable?

If MildAshers doesn't show any interest in the championship, then I think i'll have to step in and fix this all up.

Hey guys. Im trying to get in touch with MildAshers about this championship. So we are still trying to get it together. I still propose ( and I may start a thread) that we have separate championships per 12 people. Because its just a pain when you cant have more than 12 racing against each other. It would end up being a WRC style system bc we would be comparing times only really.

Is anyone willing to host one?

I don’t really see a problem w/ more than 12 racing for a championship they do it all the time in Srint car racing, local stock car racing, etc…, you just use qualifying times to set the groups. If you’re in the C group you take the top 3 winners into the waiting group of 9 in the B group and then the top 3 winners move up to the waiting A group of 9 filling the class of 12 for that race. You just have multiple setups for whatever car you would be forced to drive if you couldn’t have your favorate.

I would much enjoy to host the NTSC Championship. I think a separate thread should be made, and linked for people who will be competing in each of the championships.

Lets keep things in this thread before we spinoff into any other threads

---------------------------------

After just spending the past hour going back through this thread, getting all PSN's and almost all regions for the users who want in, here's how it looks:

NTSC Users(17):
Justin: Northstar3914 NTSC
BlacqueJacques: GTP_BlacqueJack NTSC
Lofasz: GTP_Lofasz NTSC
Peter: pj-gm NTSC
TheMitsuzuki: Mitsuzuki NTSC
icelt:icelt NTSC
oskierox: GTP_oskierox NTSC
Crashbroke23 :Crashbroke23 NTSC
Condogg :Condogg NTSC
LeftyWright69: LeftyWright69, GTP_LeftyWright69 NTSC
arbitrage: tt335i NTSC
James_Hunt: James_Hunt NTSC
Asmoday: GTP_Asmoday66 NTSC
tyl0r_r: GTP_tyl0r_r NTSC
Keyz13: keyz13 NTSC
lilcat89: GTP_MPower NTSC
grafpt:designnsight/GTP_grafpt NTSC

Aussies and Asians(7):
jacoja06: GTP_jacoja06 Aussie
Invictus321: Invictus321 Aussie
waynz: TORC_Waynz Aussie
waggles: snrsgtmol Aussie
Imari: Neomone Japan
GTP_ENERGIYA: GTP_ENERGIYA Aussie
L_Hamilton: GTP_L_Hamilton Japan

PAL Users(38):
Aldo: Aldo_GTP PAL
DonkeyFuzz: Nev-Nev-22 PAL
LewyOs: LewyOs PAL
p1Timo: GTP_Timo
Blitz187: Blitz187 PAL
kingmart1n: kingmart1n PAL
GT4 genius: GTP_GT4genius PAL
Shaggy Alonso: Shaggy_Alonso PAL
Shark33: Shark33- PAL
Marky264: GTP_Marky264 PAL
DC9990: GTP_DC9990 PAL
Beliall: GTP_Beliall PAL
Sylar: kirk1701a PAL
akmuq: akmuq PAL
sidsid118: dhandes PAL
Appie: appie17 PAL
ante1982: Rasta_TM-CROATIA PAL
Zeeco_9: Zeekon_9 PAL
Rutter200_VR46: Rutter200_VR46 PAL
Podmeister: Podmeister PAL
D3FT: D3FT-TRON PAL
Peterram430: GTP_p360eter PAL
jrdy7777:jordy7777 PAL
DemonBlade: YAMAHAKID PAL
JamboGT:JamboGT PAL
RobGT81: Britvic PAL
Sureboss: GTP_Sureshot PAL
F1MadAd: F1MadAd PAL
persiano_dubai: Persiano_Dubai PAL
Spagetti69: GTP_Spag69 PAL
Missbaksel: Missbaksel PAL
DOUQA: GTP_DOUQA PAL
snazy20: snazy20 PAL
Kakundoo: Kakundoo PAL
JackistheStig: JackistheStig PAL
xreyuk:barton123 PAL
D34NO_33: D34NO_33, his brother: binbag88 both PAL
sems4arsenal: sems4arsenal PAL

This list comprises of everyone who has posted in this thread saying that they are interested in the championship. As you can see, it's dominated by PAL users. Sorry for whoever I missed out.Now that we know how many and where, we can now start to set up the champonship.

I think we should combine NTSC and the Aussies and Asians to make 24 users, which equals 2 championships of 12 each. PAL has 38, which means 3 championships, but 2 extra persons. Not sure as to what to do there. We need confirmation that everyone on this list will take part in the championship.

Last edited:
didnt realize i didnt update mine. I am NTSC. Thanks for doing this Peter. Were looking at about 5 different championships

Just to throw out an idea, its it such a bad idea to close this thread and the people who want to create a GTP Championship in the forum can? Without any NTSC/PAL restrictions? Ive raced with only PAL drivers and Im NTSC and have had zero lag issues. I think this way the 12 people in that championship deal with THAT championship. GT5 is going to release before we figure this out lol

Okay, we don't know much about the settings for online, but of course, all cars must be equal online, we can't go with the real performances. Damage should be on of course, with collisions on as well. Hopefully F1 2010 won't have poor online collision judgment as F1:CE does. Driving aids, Traction control should be off, it would really make races interesting and the cars a bigger challenge to drive, Anti Lock Brakes should be allowed, dynamic racing line allowed, and steering and braking assists disallowed.

Like you said, race distance should be decided when the game actually comes out, but i'd love to go full distance. We also don't know anything about damage online, whether you will be retired from the race for serious damage or be reset back on track. Hopefully it's the latter, as I would not like to get knocked out on lap 1 and be forced to spectate the remainder of the race. We'll see.

I agree with your driving aid allowances; especially equal car performance (so not a determining factor).

A full race weekend is a long period of time to commit to (without pissing off the wife :ouch:) (and until GT5 which will further annoy the wife :dopey:)

PS: Driving line on , or I am out; I do not have that much time to practice a track, I use the line but do not follow it religiously, and I do not follow the line if a car is beside me; sheesh....

My experience has been that you can damage your car bad enough in an online race to be DNF'd and also face drive thru penalties for warnings or collisions caused :guilty:

I have raced some 30% races online and had some good racing. 👍

Of course there are still punters and some seem to dislike GTP_ handles :)

How do I know if I'm NTSC or PAL ? I want it the league " USA "

"SORRY" Peter already has me as NTSC .......OOPS..

Good job Pete 👍

Should we have some kind of a speed test like the registry so the speed of the competitors are closer?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back