GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
5:20.203 avoiding the AI's on Suzuka, NSX '01 was the rabbit.
20141115_011142.jpg

Last edited:
Geezer Seasonals Challenge...Since there isn't any "Tune" to post, where do you lift off for Turn #1? 1.5 sec after Grandstand shadow for me....
I started lifting @ 112MPH just past the shadow break, now up to 118 pushing for 120+ One needs to over steer to scrub off speed at those levels tho & there is considerable risk in going too far causing a run finishing spin.

I believe I left 4+ seconds on the track, will try more later.

Hi Geezers,

This morning (West coast time) Stewey had a room open and we were running the Toyota TSO 30 Hybrid,, some really good racing too I might add :cheers:!!

As is the case for most of our Geezer races our good bud Tom (aka Zona-99) kicked our butts in grand fashion :bowdown:,, BUT,, I did manage to at least let him know I was in the race ;) and finished about .50 seconds behind him - something that has NEVER happened :scared:!! Anyway, I told the guys I would share the tune I have on that car so here it is:
600pp,, 473hp / 320ft-lb torque,, 933kg,, 1.97 kg/hp,, 50-50 F/R weight dist,, RS tires (today we ran open tire selections) Oil change - Yep,, RH: 59/60,, SR: 16.90/18.00,, Brakes: 6/5, Dampers Comp: 3/3, Ext: 3/3, ARB: 4/4, Camber: 1.0/0.9, Toe: -0.45/+0.15, Drive train: 20/11/23, Body: 450/660 DF, added 33kg set at -5 on the slider
Power set at 85.5%, been a very long time since I set this car up but I believe I left the trans in stock configuration, the Max speed slider was set at 193 (for Autumn Rings race this morning), FG set at 4.800,, 1st-3630, 2nd-2446, 3rd-1786, 4th-1368, 5th-1099, 6th-0945

I think that just about covers it - Good luck gents and we'll see ya's out there :) 👍👍

Geezers Rule!! :bowdown: :gtpflag:

Thanks WG. :cheers: I knew you'd like the little Beastie, & a great time too. :lol:

Not only the little automatic that COULD 👍👍,, it looks alot like "the little automatic that DID!!" :bowdown: Very nice lap WhoosierGirl :cheers:!! Nice indeed!!:gtpflag:

I liked it enough to keep it and paint it PINK!!!, the wing had to go though, lol. I think a 2:17 is possible with a really soft gas pedal.
"The little automatic that DID!!" I like that :)

I would like to know what my geezers friends think about the possibility of a change operation PSN in order to allow a GT6 community recognition, for instance GTZ-Jota, GTZ-Zona99, GTZ-Ema, and so on.
We would not lose our actual friends with news " friend request" with this reference.

I would like to know what my geezers friends think about the possibility of a change operation PSN in order to allow a GT6 community recognition, for instance GTZ-Jota, GTZ-Zona99, GTZ-Ema, and so on.
We would not lose our actual friends with news " friend request" with this reference.
Please elaborate, not sure I completely understand your aim nor how this might be accomplished.

Don't we have that already? GTP Geezer Club. Perhaps he talking about a name change, and yes, we can edit our user name but I really don't know what ramifications would befell us if we amend our user ID. I've not done that so don't know much about that,, but I know others of our group do have multiple ID's,, whether or not their friends list, cars in their garage, credits, etc. move with that ID change I can't say.

Duce, I always leave a controller plugged in and disconnect the wheel when finished.
Next time I fire up the PS3 the controller is #1 and I use that for scrolling, sorting cars, tuning etc, then when ready to race I plug in the wheel.
With all the button mashing, I'd sooner wear out a controller than the wheel.

Duce, I always leave a controller plugged in and disconnect the wheel when finished.
Next time I fire up the PS3 the controller is #1 and I use that for scrolling, sorting cars, tuning etc, then when ready to race I plug in the wheel.
With all the button mashing, I'd sooner wear out a controller than the wheel.

XCLNT idea ol buddy, TY!! :cheers:

You can still leave both plugged in and set the DS3 as the number 1 controller. After you've loaded GT6, press and hold the PS button on the DS3 and some options should appear to set your controller priority so the DS3 works in GT6 with the wheel plugged in. This doesn't preclude the wheel calibrating every time you launch GT6.

I've created the GTP-Geezers Club in the Game Community. The Club ID is 1002024 it is private so if you need, send a friend request to SCClockDr-GT5 in the XMB menus. Club search seems to be missing the entry thus far, may need to settle on the servers first (???) not sure. The ID # worked though.

I've created the GTP-Geezers Club in the Game Community. The Club ID is 1002024 it is private so if you need, send a friend request to SCClockDr-GT5 in the XMB menus. Club search seems to be missing the entry thus far, may need to settle on the servers first (???) not sure. The ID # worked though.

I really like this new community thing. Thanks to Doc for setting up the Club. I used the number 1002024 to locate it and had no trouble joining.

You can put photos up on your profile, and select up to eight favorite cars which are also uploaded. You can also put up a "profile photo", which must be done in-game from a game-produced photo.

If you make subsequent changes to the uploaded favorites, they do not change in the favorites profile view. For example, I uploaded a Corvette C3 with standard exhaust, went into the car settings and switched to a racing exhaust (which changes the look of the pipes), and the picture in the favorites did NOT change.

This is kind of good, since if you had an obsession about one car, you could have it there as a number of different favorites with different exhausts, wings, colors, wheels etc.

Back