GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
I had a couple off hours today on Mount Panorama with a new Honda Intergra type R (DC5) 04 Managed to improve my time 2.17.639 here is the setup I ended up with it is a mixture of the top Guys tunes and wauk transmission I hope this helps Good luck to all you Geezers
Specifications
Performance Points: 500
Max. Power: 351
Weight: 993
Weight Distribution (F/R) 59 41 Power To Weight 2.82 Kg/Bhp
Parts & Modification no oil change no ridgity Stage 3 engine. Race Exhaust. Cat Con. High rangeTurbo. Weight Reduction. Window Weight Reduction. Bonnet STD
Suspension

Ride Height (F/R): 130 80
Spring Rate (F/R): 4 11.00
Dampers - Comp. (F/R): 5 5
Dampers - Ext. (F/R): 10 10
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R): 7 7
Toe Angle (F/R): 0.00 0.00
Camber – (F/R) 0.00 0.00
Transmission final gear To 6000 Max Speed To 112
!st 2926
Standard Diff 5/20/10 Brakes 5 6

Thanks for this @zona99 it's no wonder I hit my ceiling regarding lap times and you manage to achieve such good ones if you are spending 'a couple off hours' improving. :boggled:
The best I can manage is about 30 minutes. :dunce: Having said that I tried the tune with a new car and was at least a second slower than my best time, felt a little loose, and that was using auto as you do. Went back to my own tune and managed to shave a few milliseconds off but reckon that could be about it for me.

Then tried the X-BOW again, how I hate that 🤬 car and am beginning to feel that I just might not attain Gold in this one and have to settle for Silver :banghead: but there's always tomorrow.

Have solved the problem of an earlier post re the difference between two identical cars, they weren't, I'd fitted a skirt and flat floor to one and forgot. :embarrassed: :lol:

I had a couple off hours today on Mount Panorama with a new Honda Intergra type R (DC5) 04 Managed to improve my time 2.17.639 here is the setup I ended up with it is a mixture of the top Guys tunes and wauk transmission I hope this helps Good luck to all you Geezers
Specifications
Performance Points: 500
Max. Power: 351
Weight: 993
Weight Distribution (F/R) 59 41 Power To Weight 2.82 Kg/Bhp
Parts & Modification no oil change no ridgity Stage 3 engine. Race Exhaust. Cat Con. High rangeTurbo. Weight Reduction. Window Weight Reduction. Bonnet STD
Suspension

Ride Height (F/R): 130 80
Spring Rate (F/R): 4 11.00
Dampers - Comp. (F/R): 5 5
Dampers - Ext. (F/R): 10 10
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R): 7 7
Toe Angle (F/R): 0.00 0.00
Camber – (F/R) 0.00 0.00
Transmission final gear To 6000 Max Speed To 112
!st 2926
Standard Diff 5/20/10 Brakes 5 6

Thank you Tom :bowdown: for posting these tune numbers, I also bought a new DC5 (as did LionelG) and loaded the settings - NO oil change as you and Wauk suggested. Drove the liv'n H 🤬 L out of it for at lease 3 hours yesterday :banghead:, made a few minor adjustments to fit my style but all in all this tune is magnificent bud! Unfortunately I wasn't able to improve the time I had posted with the '98 DC2 but I did get very, very close - within .25 seconds - however,, your tune certainly did make the DC5 handle like a dream and I will leave it on that car for later GEEZER rac'n 👍. Thanks again partner! :cheers:

Thanks for this @zona99 it's no wonder I hit my ceiling regarding lap times and you manage to achieve such good ones if you are spending 'a couple off hours' improving. :boggled:
The best I can manage is about 30 minutes. :dunce: Having said that I tried the tune with a new car and was at least a second slower than my best time, felt a little loose, and that was using auto as you do. Went back to my own tune and managed to shave a few milliseconds off but reckon that could be about it for me.

Then tried the X-BOW again, how I hate that 🤬 car and am beginning to feel that I just might not attain Gold in this one and have to settle for Silver :banghead: but there's always tomorrow.

Have solved the problem of an earlier post re the difference between two identical cars, they weren't, I'd fitted a skirt and flat floor to one and forgot. :embarrassed: :lol:

Hi LionelG, if you or any other of our GEEZER buds are looking for a pretty good tune, try this one. I pilfered the basic set up from SHAUNM80 and it worked pretty good,, but I did make a few adjustments to fit my driving style. I use the DFGT wheel and usually run manual but automatic works pretty good for this Oxbow hotrod. Here it is:

580pp, 389hp, 841kg, F/R Weight Dist @ 42:58 Power to Weight: 2.16 kg/hp
Oil change - YES, Sports Hard tires - Yes, Flat floor or wing - NO
Engine: Stage 3, Sports Comp, Sports Exhaust, Iso Exhaust Manifold, CAT Converter, Intake Tuning, Turbo - Normal, power slider set at 92.4
Suspension: (settings are Front/Rear) RH-78/77, SR-4.95/9.95, Compression-4/4, Extension-4/4, ARB-2/5, Camber-0.3/0.2, Toe-0.15/+0.08, Brakes 5/3
Drive Train: 7/7/8
Body: 0 Weight Reduction, Ballast is 51kg, Ballast Position is -50
Trans: Set too DEFAULT, slide Final Gear to 5500, slide Max Speed to 112,,, 1st - 3038, 2nd - 2285, 3rd - 1815, 4th -
1495, 5th - 1270, 6th - 1123,, now slide Final Gear to 3200.

As you've already learned this car must be driven with a lot of throttle pedaling, minimal braking and a lot of OMG's!! as we slide off the track, see the INVALID LAP pop up and in disgust hit the RESTART! What I've learned the hard way,,, don't hit restart, go ahead and finish that lap and all the other laps that are a DQ,, keep trying and pretty soon you'll see the tires hold a little better as they heat up AND you'll get a better feel for how the car handles the corners. Next thing you know you'll be seeing the names of the FAST guys all the way around the track and you'll be seeing better times. Good LUCK GEEZERS!! :cheers:

PP500 car recommendation for you. The Isuzu 4200R '89. At 25 years old, it's almost a Geezer Car.

Due to persistent PS3 lockups* on the Ferrari Expert Seasonal, I've been putting effort into the Intermediate at SSR5. Tried LOTS of cars, and this little fellow gave me the best results as far as fastest lap time is concerned.

I took both weight reduction options to the max, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter and Intake Tuning. Reduce to 97.1% Power Limiter to get PP500. Also took all the other options which don't affect PP. No oil change or pit services.

I found it to have a nice balance between speed and handling, with a slight tendency to sudden oversteer at the final limit. I'm sure a tuner could fix this slightly anti-social behavior, but I'm clueless on tuning.

Here it is with a paint job and non-standard wheels. The standard paint is a boring silver/gray, and I disliked the wheels.

It's costly, at 300,000 credits PLUS all the add on parts. Seems a lot to pay for an Isuzu, which is why I was so pleasantly surprised by its performance at SSR5. Nice on Bathurst too.

GT6 Screen Shot 11:11:14, 9.24 PM.png

* only managed one recorded finish in the Ferrari Seasonal, and in that, the Enzo got past me by ramming me and giving me a 5 second penalty pushing me back to 2nd place. :banghead:

PP500 car recommendation for you. The Isuzu 4200R '89. At 25 years old, it's almost a Geezer Car.

Due to persistent PS3 lockups* on the Ferrari Expert Seasonal, I've been putting effort into the Intermediate at SSR5. Tried LOTS of cars, and this little fellow gave me the best results as far as fastest lap time is concerned.

I took both weight reduction options to the max, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Manifold, Sports Catalytic Converter and Intake Tuning. Reduce to 97.1% Power Limiter to get PP500. Also took all the other options which don't affect PP. No oil change or pit services.

I found it to have a nice balance between speed and handling, with a slight tendency to sudden oversteer at the final limit. I'm sure a tuner could fix this slightly anti-social behavior, but I'm clueless on tuning.

Here it is with a paint job and non-standard wheels. The standard paint is a boring silver/gray, and I disliked the wheels.

It's costly, at 300,000 credits PLUS all the add on parts. Seems a lot to pay for an Isuzu, which is why I was so pleasantly surprised by its performance at SSR5. Nice on Bathurst too.

View attachment 254490

* only managed one recorded finish in the Ferrari Seasonal, and in that, the Enzo got past me by ramming me and giving me a 5 second penalty pushing me back to 2nd place. :banghead:

**Re the Isuzu 4200R: Thanks Posssum :cheers:,, I'm gonna get this little pup, do the upgrades same as you have then go to our favorite place for those of us who cannot do our own tunes and see what's available on GTPlanet for it. IF there's something we can use I'll post the link rite here on this message.
** Re the Ferrari challenge: :embarrassed: Yeppers,, give that jerk in the Enzo half a chance and the succha' will beat 'cha up BIG time! :irked: Too bad you're hav'n the issues you are :confused: with the lock up's on that challenge :grumpy:,, it's worth about 400k credits.:ouch:

Having fun racing, what a concept! I can't tell you how much fun I've had running the odd car on the obscure track in GT-6. I think a lot of drivers just blow through the career mode and never look back, only looking for the platinum trophy. So much fun to be had but I guess the trophys are more important to them. They complain how short career mode is, the AI is crap, and the payouts are too small, blah blah blah, but they get their stars and are on to the next race. Coming from the era of B&W TV's with three stations I think the GT series is just short of amazing. I guess it takes a Geezer to appreciate what we have. P.S. a platinum trophy and an ungodly amount of money will get you a coffee at Starbucks.

The "jerk in the Enzo", as @Daduce1947 so perfectly describes him, is not long for this world. The Ferrari challenge expires today!

Another good PP500 car which I "discovered" in the SSR5 Seasonal is that strange-looking MR Mazda from way back. The one that says "Powered by Rotary" or similar on its tail. Although its styling seems to be inspired by station wagons from decades past, it's sweet to drive. It's very light, with not much power, but it's also small on frontal area, so it's quick enough on SSR5. Not sure about how it'd go on the 'Ring or Bathurst.

GEEZER TT RESULTS

2WD Drive @ Sierra Geezer Podium: #1 zona99, 8.59.486 #145 ITW, Top .22%
#2 bobby2227, 9.02.409 #224 ITW, Top .34%
#3 wauk-azoo, 9.03.292 #250 ITW, Top .38%
4 Geezers in the Top 300
5 Geezers in the Top 1000
24 Geezers bettered Gold & 30 Geezers participated

Red Bull @ Suzuka Geezer Podium #1 zona99, 1.20.111 #204 ITW
#2 JotaFDuarte, 1.21.493 #629 ITW
#3 Ema-Nymton, 1.23.607
16 Geezers bettered Gold & 19 Geezers participated

Way to Go Geezers :cheers::cheers::cheers: 👍👍

**Re the Isuzu 4200R: Thanks Posssum :cheers:,, I'm gonna get this little pup, do the upgrades same as you have then go to our favorite place for those of us who cannot do our own tunes and see what's available on GTPlanet for it. IF there's something we can use I'll post the link rite here on this message.
** Re the Ferrari challenge: :embarrassed: Yeppers,, give that jerk in the Enzo half a chance and the succha' will beat 'cha up BIG time! :irked: Too bad you're hav'n the issues you are :confused: with the lock up's on that challenge :grumpy:,, it's worth about 400k credits.:ouch:
Update: Here's HIGH OCTANE'S 450pp (powered up to 500pp no problem) tune for the Isuzu 4200R - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ting-tune-requests.292731/page-8#post-9661109

A few mods to suit a driver will get you going no problem.

Last edited:
E Type.jpg

Following on from the thoughts of @GBO Possum, how about the car we all must have dreamt of owning back in the day, the E-TYPE. :bowdown:

I used it for the first 2 new Seasonal's, cheap at 51,000 and will win the 450PP one out of the box with no extras and is a nice drive.

For the second I fully lightened it added the gearbox to give extra speed, not sure if needed, will try it without, full lightening and all the tuning bar the stage 1,2 or 3 engine and adjustable suspension. Comes out at around 495PP from memory. Ran against a Lambo rabbit and after passing it received one or two taps up the rear and a couple of passes but managed a win fairly easily. Also shows a nice profit at the end, especially as I already owned it.

Haven't tried the 3rd seasonal yet. :cheers:

GEEZER DT RESULTS

British Car @ Nurburgring Geezer Podium- PapaGnr, macdog54, bobby2227
All 4 Geezers bettered Gold

Non Race Car @ Sierra Geezer Podium- PapaGnr, bobby2227, macdog54
3 Geezers bettered Gold & 4 Geezers participated

Let's go Drifting with the Geezers :cheers::cheers::cheers: 👍👍

Geezer Seasonals Challenge

With a :bowdown: to Possum for starting this, I wish to issue a challenge to Geezers: Car - Mazda RX 500 '70, Stock with Oil Chg

In the Beginner Seasonal- 450PP, 198HP, 850kg, CS, 4.29kg/HP, Achieve 1st Place without using any brakes.
Time to beat: 5.15.677 SCClockDr
Since there isn't any "Tune" to post, where do you lift off for Turn #1? @118 mph after Grandstand shadow for Doc.

In the Intermediate Seasonal- 482PP, 259HP, 850kg, CS, 3.28kg/HP. With Brakes
Time to beat: 10.30.820 SCClockDr

You will win your car cost ($500.000) back playing the Geezer Challenge :cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
@geezer1791, devilish! And so Geezer-appropriate! I had an ancient car which developed the "no brakes" feature in Saturday morning traffic. Back then, I used somebody's reinforced fence as an alternative, but it was a one-time deal. Not five laps!

Challenge accepted!

Back