GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Well after testing all the tire grades on the Elise 111R '04 it seems MoTec eliminated my earlier sampling errors and proves a consistent tire circumference for all grades CH - W.

Now to vary the Wheel Diameter.

Added:
+2 on wheel diameter made no significant difference in speed vs RPM Tire circumference is the same.
The previous sampling error arose from the non driven wheels being used by the game for vehicle speed. This allowed the differing grip to become an un-resolved factor my previous tire circumference research.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your care and kindness, Cathy & I were deeply touched, God Bless you all.

Geezer Card.JPG Geezer Card0001.JPG

Cathy's recovery is going very well, she is flexing 0° to 107° on the CPM machine. She has ditched the walker for the most part and using her cane. The overall goal is 0° to 115°.

Life is indeed good, Praise the Lord!

Thank you all for your care and kindness, Cathy & I were deeply touched, God Bless you all.

View attachment 308913 View attachment 308914

Cathy's recovery is going very well, she is flexing 0° to 107° on the CPM machine. She has ditched the walker for the most part and using her cane. The overall goal is 0° to 115°.

Life is indeed good, Praise the Lord!
That seems to be a very good recovery George - she must be as devoted to her recovery as you are to decreasing lap times. I'm sure it's been a team effort with you being the team and her the effort. She's almost got that joint going lock to lock, so keep it up!

P Mallard

Geezer car suggestions for Beginners Level City Trial, London, 5 Laps, Normal cars, 550PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

Seems to me that for London, we need "city cars", and preferably British. And certainly "of a certain era" for us Geezers!!

Here is my list

Mini Marcos 1970
Triumph Spitfire 1500 1974
Lotus Europa 1968

Then if we were to cross the channel, and allow some Europeans in, I'd add

VW 1200 1966
and the two Fiat 500s

I doubt that there were many Japanese cars on London streets back then, so I looked no further in my garage.

Any other suggestions?

Geezer car suggestions for Beginners Level City Trial, London, 5 Laps, Normal cars, 550PP max, Sports/Hard compounds or less

Seems to me that for London, we need "city cars", and preferably British. And certainly "of a certain era" for us Geezers!!

Here is my list

Mini Marcos 1970
Lotus Europa 1968

VW 1200 1966
and the two Fiat 500s

I doubt that there were many Japanese cars on London streets back then, so I looked no further in my garage.

Any other suggestions?

Peugeot 205 no aids and thrash it, oh what fun that was.:cheers:

Hello all

I see you all have been testing and tuning. Glad to see that Cathy is on the mend. I have been trying all my mid engine cars so far the best for me has been the x-bow in stock trim.

If I may what the heck is a mo-tec machine, and does it use a flux capacitor?

I hope you all have a lovely valentines weekend.

I used the premium Fiat 500 at 500 PP for the first 2 events. Won both with a bit of tire smoke thrown in. Great fun. 👍

I would have tried it in the expert, but it's an RR, not an MR.

The Mini Marcos is amusing when tuned up to the hilt, with a 1,275 cc motor kicking out north of 200 horses. Amusing based on the amount of full-throttle tire smoke! Pity it's so ugly. I'd like to have a tune which would make it emulate the rear-wheel lifting characteristics of the Mini Cooper S 1,275 version. Any ideas?

If your trailer will only accommodate one car for all three Seasonals, the Miura is a great choice, and meets the Geezer era requirements. What is it, 1967? Nice wood steering wheel, anyway. And well-behaved, like all of us Geezers.

I used the Miura.... One ring ...eeeerrrr car to rule them all, but then some of you will know, its a favourite of mine

also got my 57 in the Battyhurst TT, theres a 1/4 sec hiding from me but I think I'm done there.

also also glad to hear your wife is recovering nicely Doc... don't forget extra TLC for Valentines

Hello all

I see you all have been testing and tuning. Glad to see that Cathy is on the mend. I have been trying all my mid engine cars so far the best for me has been the x-bow in stock trim.

If I may what the heck is a mo-tec machine, and does it use a flux capacitor?

I hope you all have a lovely valentines weekend.
Thank You RocknSoul! May your Valentine be a blessed one as well!
MoTec i2 Pro compatibility is a new added feature that arrived with the 1.14 update.
The game now has an option to export any valid replay (Ghost best lap, an incomplete regular lap, or an entire race/tune run) to a thumb drive, memory card, or external HD from the gallery.
The thumb drive is then inserted into your Windows PC and you launch MoTec i2 Pro and load one or several Replay files from the thumb drive.
MoTec i2 Pro then provides the user with very detailed data & graphical info on:
  • Car Speed
  • RPM
  • Wheel speed on each wheel
  • Steering Angle
  • Throttle %
  • Brake system pressure
  • etc.
Unfortunately no Chassis data was provided by GT6 as of yet, I'm hoping though.

MoTec is a professional grade telemetry analyzer widely used in racing etc.

Have you noticed the MoTec livery items all round Bathurst?

Want to know which tuning item combo provides the best acceleration for a given PP? MoTec can help.

I'm not a MoTec spokesperson, just a very satisfied user.

Any other suggestions?
What I used:
- BMW 2002 Turbo ( my first car irl, without the Turbo)
- Abarth Biposto '52 (from my year of birth)
- Mercedes 300SL coupé '54

On my other account I only used the Alpine A 110 1600S '72.
Last week I decided starting all over again from scratch, just for fun, using only manual H pattern shifter & clutch and heel/toe. Wanted to get used to the feeling.

Grinding this London thing for credits now. The few other cars that I own there, are too powerful or not fun to drive. The Alpine is my provider.

Here is my list

Mini Marcos 1970
Lotus Europa 1968

I did with:
Lotus Europa at 404pp vs efini RX-7
Lotus Elan S1 at 404pp vs NSX-71
Spitfire 1500 at 369pp vs efini RX-7
Did not buy the Marco, too ugly

I used the Miura.... One ring ...eeeerrrr car to rule them all, but then some of you will know, its a favourite of mine

also got my 57 in the Battyhurst TT, theres a 1/4 sec hiding from me but I think I'm done there.

also also glad to hear your wife is recovering nicely Doc... don't forget extra TLC for Valentines

I could only afford one car so I bought the Miura.

Joking of course!

Oh, and enjoy whipping the ladies.

Last edited:
Back in the day I did some tire circumference testing and discovered there were some differences that varied with the tire type. Though with Racing tires the circumference was consistent for all types.

With the improved accuracy of the MoTec tool, I should dig out the old spreadsheets again and re-run those tests.

Here is my list

Mini Marcos 1970
Lotus Europa 1968

VW 1200 1966
and the two Fiat 500s

Any other suggestions?
I used FIAT 500 F 65 to win, very fun!

:lol:
I am shocked! :mad:
Things like that should be forbidden! :grumpy:
Didn't I tell you of the "Do not overtake" sign?
You still driving the same setup or did you find a hidden overtake-button you want to share with us lesser mortals? :confused:

@jotafduarte :
Yeah, it's one of the most important things in life: always have a good excuse at hand! :D
How my friend can see for my last time ,already with G27 , it was not a excuse:lol:

I have been trying to find a Geezer room open without any luck, I opened one and no one came.
I would like to try something and see if there is any interest. When you know you will be opening a room, post the info on this thread like: I will open a room tonight at 7:30 pm EST (or GMT-5) and give as much notice as possible. The other idea was to establish a cell phone text group and send a text msg when a room was open. I have missed participating in online rooms and would like to do whatever we can to get together often again. Any ideas are needed and welcome. :boggled:

I'm still assisting Cathy with her rehab. I miss Wauk's daily rooms.
BTW duce clued me in on the quick matches especially the Mégane event. While the red bull standard @ Trial Mountain earns better, the quick matches are more fun once you get the car tuned up and learn to defend yourself. Thin skins toughen up quickly in this environment.

Last edited:
I'm still assisting Cathy with her rehab. I miss Wauk's daily rooms.
BTW duce clued me in on the quick matches especially the Mégane event. While the red bull standard @ Trial Mountain earns better, the quick matches are more fun once you get the car tuned up and learn to defend yourself. Thin skins
Defend yourself? As in bumper cars? Never joined a quick match, so I really don't know, but wondered if they were somewhat serious.

I have been trying to find a Geezer room open without any luck, I opened one and no one came.
I would like to try something and see if there is any interest. When you know you will be opening a room, post the info on this thread like: I will open a room tonight at 7:30 pm EST (or GMT-5) and give as much notice as possible. The other idea was to establish a cell phone text group and send a text msg when a room was open. I have missed participating in online rooms and would like to do whatever we can to get together often again. Any ideas are needed and welcome. :boggled:
I look for rooms with Geezer in the title when searching for friends. Sadly not to be found. I still work, and spend time with my wife (Anniversary today) when I get home so my hours are somewhat spotty. I usually look for rooms or even try hosting Saturday and Sunday AM around 8.

This is a nice idea. I never can find a Geezer room. I have yet to get on track with a official Geezer!

It would really be great, if another event was planned. I missed the last one, but it sure sounded like tremendous fun. Maybe something simple. X car at X track for X laps.

Happy anniversary, pmallard

is everyone a member of the geezer "club"? We could use the club lobby as a "senior drop in centre" Any member can open it and it can be set to members only or public. Just my $0.02
That was the idea behind creating GTP-Geezers Club, Any member can open a club Lobby.. Personally I also PM all my online Geezer friends once the room is up.

Last edited:
Back