GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Hosted a club room this afternoon, sent out 14 invitations via PM. 3 showed up we raced 530-650PP race cars. We had some really close racing.

'Twas a pleasure getting together with some old friends.
Wish you had posted on here that you were going to open a room, I would have joined you. I don't log in to PSN often to see if a room is open but I check this thread very often and can usually manage my time to join when I know a room is open. Just sayin 💡

Off topic of the 630pp event, as tough as it is to get into them,, the 530pp QuickMatch at NRing GP track in the Megane Trophy is a HOOT!! Not to mention there's some serious change to be had ~ ~ IF you can tolerate the failed disconnects as you try to get in, and accept there are some unscrupulous drivers - BUT there are more I believe and have found who are really good and fair!! So in my opinion it's worth the hassle, AND once you finally do get in - you're IN!! It's more fun than running the RBChallenge and in just a few races can equal or better the pay out.
You'll see typically for last place near or just over 200k and often times in a fairly full room - which is often - you can pocket well over 400K to your account for a WIN. This tune by Ridox (with your tweeks and an UP shift in power as it is for 526pp) really works pretty good on the Base Model, the Yellow Megane Trophy and the Anniversary Edition cars:

Give it a try if you haven't done so already. :cheers:

Last night, I joined @Daduce1947 for some Nurburgring Quick Match races. Crazy fun!!!:)

I had one first place finish, one second place, two 4th place finishes and an assortment of 10-12th place finishes after un-wanted crash situations with some of the exuberant "younger" drivers that fly all around the track!:eek: I would say that about half of the races that I participated in were quite good, while the other half were marred by excessive crashes caused by the other wayward drivers.

Turn one is just a crash-fest:ouch:, and turns two and three have a lot of ghostings:eek: due to the close proximity of all the cars, but after that the races settle down.

The payouts are quite generous, so if you can stomach multiple impacts (and don't mind re-painting your car after the racing to hide all the scratches), the racing is quite entertaining!:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last night, I joined @Daduce1947 for some Nurburgring Quick Match races. Crazy fun!!!:)

I had one first place finish, one second place, two 4th place finishes and an assortment of 10-12th place finishes after un-wanted crash situations with some of the exuberant "younger" drivers that fly all around the track!:eek: I would say that about half of the races that I participated in were quite good, while the other half were marred by excessive crashes caused by the other wayward drivers.

Turn one is just a crash-fest:ouch:, and turns two and three have a lot of ghostings:eek: due to the close proximity of all the cars, but after that the races settle down.

The payouts are quite generous, so if you can stomach multiple impacts (and don't mind re-painting your car after the racing to hide all the scratches), the racing is quite entertaining!:)

See you on the track!
GTsail

Hi ya my fellow GEEZERS:cheers:, long time NO SEE!! :) and Hi ya GTsail! :) Thanks for racing VERY CLEAN in those Quick Matches 👍👍, and for your post to the GEEZER thread:tup:👍. You're blazing quick bud :bowdown: when other not so clean and unskilled drivers aren't doing their best to blast you off the track :banghead:!! But we did have fun trying to take and hold a decent spot for those races didn't we:cheers:. When ever I see a name I recognize (which is not too often) I try and run together to either run interference or hold the would be bashers off my partners back side so we can hopefully nail a respectable finish TOGETHER. Sometimes it works GR8!! and sometimes it does not. I knew and recognized GTsail from other lobbys and I believe I knew and raced with him in GT5.

For those of you who have not joined them, the NB Ring QM's are typically packed with 14 to 16 racers and they many times takes patience to successfully join because so many drivers are vying for the 95 slots, but if you hang in there and just keep clicking the JOIN tab you can usually make it in.

I concur with GTsail and have found the Quick Match races at NurburgRing GP in the Megane to be great fun! They pay excellent - as much as 660k for a WIN - and around 220k for last spot! So no matter where you end up there's a pretty good purse. HOWEVER! - I have had to learn to get a thick hide, to NOT take the races personal and definitely not try to run another basher down just to GET EVEN! I have learned to not allow all the bumps and being blasted off the track, the brake checking, the glitching causing cars to come out of nowhere and either blast past me or worse,, knock me off the track, etc., etc., etc., to be personal.

I've developed a tune that can many times get me away from the start line fast and to get near the front by the time the first turn is complete,, then it's just FOCUS on my line, be tolerant,, pay attention to my mirror and drive defensively - to a point! I have learned to recognize a driver attempting to set me up for a brake check, and I have learned how to avoid them. I've learned how to use the driving line and the WEAK PENALTY's "ghosting" to my advantage which helps avoid being knocked off the track,, but mostly I've learned to be patient. By following these rules many times I get lucky and finish near the front and post a sweet payout to my credit account.

Who knows what type QM's we'll see next and if PD will tone down the sweet payouts when next they update these races, but for now they're a blast!

As always,, GEEZERS RULE!:cheers: :gtpflag:

Hi ya my fellow GEEZERS:cheers:, long time NO SEE!! :) and Hi ya GTsail! :) Thanks for racing VERY CLEAN in those Quick Matches 👍👍, and for your post to the GEEZER thread:tup:👍. You're blazing quick bud :bowdown: when other not so clean and unskilled drivers aren't doing their best to blast you off the track :banghead:!! But we did have fun trying to take and hold a decent spot for those races didn't we:cheers:. When ever I see a name I recognize (which is not too often) I try and run together to either run interference or hold the would be bashers off my partners back side so we can hopefully nail a respectable finish TOGETHER. Sometimes it works GR8!! and sometimes it does not. I knew and recognized GTsail from other lobbys and I believe I knew and raced with him in GT5.

For those of you who have not joined them, the NB Ring QM's are typically packed with 14 to 16 racers and they many times takes patience to successfully join because so many drivers are vying for the 95 slots, but if you hang in there and just keep clicking the JOIN tab you can usually make it in.

I concur with GTsail and have found the Quick Match races at NurburgRing GP in the Megane to be great fun! They pay excellent - as much as 660k for a WIN - and around 220k for last spot! So no matter where you end up there's a pretty good purse. HOWEVER! - I have had to learn to get a thick hide, to NOT take the races personal and definitely not try to run another basher down just to GET EVEN! I have learned to not allow all the bumps and being blasted off the track, the brake checking, the glitching causing cars to come out of nowhere and either blast past me or worse,, knock me off the track, etc., etc., etc., to be personal.

I've developed a tune that can many times get me away from the start line fast and to get near the front by the time the first turn is complete,, then it's just FOCUS on my line, be tolerant,, pay attention to my mirror and drive defensively - to a point! I have learned to recognize a driver attempting to set me up for a brake check, and I have learned how to avoid them. I've learned how to use the driving line and the WEAK PENALTY's "ghosting" to my advantage which helps avoid being knocked off the track,, but mostly I've learned to be patient. By following these rules many times I get lucky and finish near the front and post a sweet payout to my credit account.

Who knows what type QM's we'll see next and if PD will tone down the sweet payouts when next they update these races, but for now they're a blast!

As always,, GEEZERS RULE!:cheers: :gtpflag:
I needed credits so I did about 8 - 10 races this morning (over 3 million credits earned). Duce is right you need a thick skin. Sometimes the penalties make no sense then there are the crazies at the last turns that fly across the grass and rear end you off the track. I didn't know where that hit came from until a couple of laps later the guy in front of me does the move. He gets a penalty, but seems to come out ahead from the time saved not going through the turns. I haven't figured out why my car is slower than the others yet even though I have the power / weight down to 2.31. I do see where I have to do better at the start and will try doing some gearing later. All in all it's quite fun when you can get into the top 4 and start racing with reasonable folks.

I needed credits so I did about 8 - 10 races this morning (over 3 million credits earned). Duce is right you need a thick skin. Sometimes the penalties make no sense then there are the crazies at the last turns that fly across the grass and rear end you off the track. I didn't know where that hit came from until a couple of laps later the guy in front of me does the move. He gets a penalty, but seems to come out ahead from the time saved not going through the turns. I haven't figured out why my car is slower than the others yet even though I have the power / weight down to 2.31. I do see where I have to do better at the start and will try doing some gearing later. All in all it's quite fun when you can get into the top 4 and start racing with reasonable folks.
Here is the tune I am currently using:
  • RH 58 / 60 Race Brakes 4 / 6
  • SPR 8.36 / 10.00
  • Damp Comp 2 / 5
  • Damp Ext 3 / 5
  • ARB 4 / 5
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe 0 / +0.3
  • LSD 5 / 15 / 10 Trip Clutch
  • 91.5% Limiter
  • E Stage 2
  • Semi Race EX
  • Iso Ex Manifold
  • Cat Converter" Sport
  • 130 Rear DF
  • 0 Kg @ -40
Tranny
  1. Final to 6.000
  2. Speed Full left (minimum)
  1. 3.090
  2. 2.109
  3. 1.615
  4. 1.250
  5. 1.035
  6. 0.895
  7. Final = 4.400
Do wash the thing, it seems to help ~.5 to as much as 1 sec a lap. I can't explain it but I did notice it.

The base model allows for paint and numbering The Trophy is just yellow.

I am far from the fastest Geezer but I can plunk down consistent 1:57's with this thing. It is a great car that one can recover from being out of shape in most situations. You can push it and get it to ghost early while keeping it pointed down range reliably, saving much grief.

It is derived from @SW__10 but used @Aussie_HSV ride height, LSD, I used my own Brake Balance and Tranny numbers. Enjoy the ride!

GEEZER TT RESULTS - 2/18
Non RaceCar @ Eiger - Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.06.621 #100 ITW, Top 0.08%
pepper_mallard 1.06.769 #138 ITW, Top 0.11%
dlone47 1.07.042 #224 ITW, Top 0.18%
5 Geezers in Top 400
8 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 0.81%
36 of 37 Geezers got Gold

GT3 @ Mt Panorama - Geezer Podium: pepper_mallard 1.56.387 #366 ITW, Top 0.41%
JotaFDuarte 1.56.448 #390 ITW, Top 0.44%
stewyripper 1.56.455 #392 ITW, Top 0.44%
11 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.1%
34 of 36 Geezers got Gold

Geezers burning up the track and gettin Gold :cheers::cheers::cheers: 👍👍
Check the OP for NEW Geezers :gtpflag:

Last edited:
  • SPR 8.36 / 10.00
  • Damp Comp 2 / 5
  • Damp Ext 3 / 5
  • ARB 4 / 5
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe 0 / +0.3
  • 91.5% Limiter
  • E Stage 2
  • Semi Race EX
  • Iso Ex Manifold
  • Cat Converter" Sport
  • 130 Rear DF
  • 0 Kg @ -40
Tranny
  1. Final to 6.000
  1. 3.090
  2. 2.109
  3. 1.615
  4. 1.250
  5. 1.035
  6. 0.895
  7. Final = 4.400
Do wash the thing, it seems to help ~.5 to as much as 1 sec a lap. I can't explain it but I did notice it.

I am far from the fastest Geezer but I can plunk down consistent 1:57's with this thing. It is a great car that one can recover from being out of shape in most situations. You can push it and get it to ghost early while keeping it pointed down range reliably, saving much grief.

It is derived from @SW__10 but used @Aussie_HSV ride height, LSD, I used my own Brake Balance and Tranny numbers. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks so much Doc :cheers:!! I will try your settings on a new tab and let you know how this works for me. I also agree - for some strange reason a Wash does help.👍👍

As an "optional tune" for anyone looking - these are the numbers I'm using:
  • RH 65 / 63 Race Brakes 4 / 4
  • SPR 14.38 / 16.68
  • Damp Comp 6 / 3
  • Damp Ext 5 / 4
  • ARB 4 / 4
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe -0.03 / 0.0
  • 93.5% Limiter @ 410HP / 342 ft-lb Torque
  • E Stage 1
  • Race EX
  • Standard Clutch (seems to help keep it hooked up thru the corners):confused:
  • Standard Exhaust Manifold
  • Standard Cat Converter
  • Standard Intake
  • 124 Rear DF
  • 15 Kg @ -35
  • LSD 21/21/15
  • Trans: Set Max Spd at 180, 1st - 2875, 2nd - 1945, 3rd - 1450, 4th - 1135, 5th - 0920, 6th -780, FG - 4860
  • GL men!!

• SPR 8.36 / 10.00
  • Damp Comp 2 / 5
  • Damp Ext 3 / 5
  • ARB 4 / 5
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe 0 / +0.3
  • 91.5% Limiter
  • E Stage 2
  • Semi Race EX
  • Iso Ex Manifold
  • Cat Converter" Sport
  • 130 Rear DF
  • 0 Kg @ -40
Tranny
  1. Final to 6.000
  1. 3.090
  2. 2.109
  3. 1.615
  4. 1.250
  5. 1.035
  6. 0.895
  7. Final = 4.400

I am using the SW / Aussie tune as well with a transmission adjustment that helps me from being run over. Haven't figured out how to keep from being killed on the first few turns. I usually wind up in 8th place but recover to 4-6 but too far out of first to catch up. One race I was second and was drafting an Italian guy who got me with the brake maneuver that cost me 5 seconds for running into him. My thick skin quickly turned thin. The next race I was looking for that green, white, and red flag and he wound up in the sand first chance I got. Felt real good. I may be a Geezer but I ain't dead. I hope my ancestors didn't think less of me.

Thanks so much Doc :cheers:!! I will try your settings on a new tab and let you know how this works for me. I also agree - for some strange reason a Wash does help.👍👍

As an "optional tune" for anyone looking - these are the numbers I'm using:
  • RH 65 / 63 Race Brakes 4 / 4
  • SPR 14.38 / 16.68
  • Damp Comp 6 / 3
  • Damp Ext 5 / 4
  • ARB 4 / 4
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe -0.03 / 0.0
  • 93.5% Limiter @ 410HP / 342 ft-lb Torque
  • E Stage 1
  • Race EX
  • Standard Clutch (seems to help keep it hooked up thru the corners):confused:
  • Standard Exhaust Manifold
  • Standard Cat Converter
  • Standard Intake
  • 124 Rear DF
  • 15 Kg @ -35
  • LSD 21/21/15
  • Trans: Set Max Spd at 180, 1st - 2875, 2nd - 1945, 3rd - 1450, 4th - 1135, 5th - 0920, 6th -780, FG - 4860
  • GL men!!
Duce - Which LSD do you use, I am using the 5/15/10 - do you use the second setting in your post - 21/21/15?

Duce - Which LSD do you use, I am using the 5/15/10 - do you use the second setting in your post - 21/21/15?
Hi bud,

I use the 21/21/15 settings which is contrary to the typical lower LSD that most drivers prefer. Just my preference to pedal the car (I'm using the DFGT wheel/pedal) to keep it hooked up,, because I'll be the first to admit a higher LSD can cause a less stable rear end - but I prefer believing I'm getting all the power to the ground once I have full traction and am on the pedal hard. Dumb as it may be,, I'm convinced it works for me.

Here is the latest tune I am using in the Renault Sport Mégane Trophy QM series.

Note the wash and Rigidity Improvement.
Edit: Missed the Engine Stage 2 setting now fixed.

Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11.GIF

Last edited:
GTP-Geezers Event 28 Feb 2015 @ 14:00 EST. I will open the event room @ 13:00 EST for practice.
10 laps
Tire wear & fuel consumption is fast, 2 pits required.
La Sarthe 2009 with chicanes.
Track time is 14:00 with 1X progression.
Hope to see yah'll there.

Additional rooms may be opened if needed, there will be a runoff of the top 8, 5, or 4 from each room.

EDIT:
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo @680PP

(Use power limiter or Weight to get to 680PP)

Last edited:
Thanks for the setup Doc! Washing the car does help. A newly washed Nascar on Daytona is good for atleast 1 mph faster

ClockDr, post: 10477582, member: 241138"]Here is the tune I am currently using:
  • SPR 8.36 / 10.00
  • Damp Comp 2 / 5
  • Damp Ext 3 / 5
  • ARB 4 / 5
  • Camb 0 / 0
  • Toe 0 / +0.3
  • 91.5% Limiter
  • E Stage 2
  • Semi Race EX
  • Iso Ex Manifold
  • Cat Converter" Sport
  • 130 Rear DF
  • 0 Kg @ -40
Tranny
  1. Final to 6.000
  1. 3.090
  2. 2.109
  3. 1.615
  4. 1.250
  5. 1.035
  6. 0.895
  7. Final = 4.400

It is derived from @SW__10 but used @Aussie_HSV ride height, LSD, I used my own Brake Balance and Tranny numbers. Enjoy the ride![/QUOTE]

Here are my latest modifications to the Mégane Trophy. This edition is less safe ie. easier to spin and more susceptible to opponents contact but faster for me in the clear.
Renault Sport Mégane Trophy Base Model '11-02.GIF
It is derived from @SW__10 but used @Aussie_HSV ride height, LSD, & more of my own numbers. Enjoy the ride and extra credits to spend! :cheers:

The white text in blue background are the changes/additions.

GTP-Geezers Event 28 Feb 2015 @ 14:00 EST. I will open the event room @ 13:00 EST for practice.
10 laps

Additional rooms may be opened if needed, there will be a runoff of the top 8, 5, or 4 from each room.

Will be there doc, as far as i am aware that will be 7pm UK time. :cheers:

10 laps

Hi George,

Can you fill me in on the specs for the race as I'm at work now and would love to know what to prepare for.

Hi George,

Can you fill me in on the specs for the race as I'm at work now and would love to know what to prepare for.
RS tires, 680 PP, use weight and/or power limiter to get there.
10 laps, 2 pits, no tire change.
Weak penalty, light damage, no boost, fast tire wear & fuel consumption, real draft, real traction.
There is a practice event set up.

wish I could join in Doc but its the middle of the night for me.
Also,last week I forgot to turn off my receiver and the wife woke in the night to the smell of hot electrics. I thought ok, need to open it and get the dust out(its horrendously dusty here even at 95% humidity). Anyway just took the ps3 directly to the tv until I'm in the mood to get at it. The hot electric smell continued.......... turns out its the tv, yesterday it shut itself down to stand by. After a few hours fired up ok though.......... aaaargh time to go shopping

wish I could join in Doc but its the middle of the night for me.
Also,last week I forgot to turn off my receiver and the wife woke in the night to the smell of hot electrics. I thought ok, need to open it and get the dust out(its horrendously dusty here even at 95% humidity). Anyway just took the ps3 directly to the tv until I'm in the mood to get at it. The hot electric smell continued.......... turns out its the tv, yesterday it shut itself down to stand by. After a few hours fired up ok though.......... aaaargh time to go shopping

Ah, but a good reminder to take regular PS3 backups! :ill:

On a different subject, has anyone tried B-Spec yet? The waves of negativity from the kids in the "official thread" have finally driven me away.

I found GT5’s B-Spec to provide some quite exciting racing, albeit with limited player engagement, and this new GT6 implementation sounds like it may offer an uptick in engagement?

RS tires, 680 PP, use weight and/or power limiter to get there.
10 laps, 2 pits, no tire change.
Weak penalty, light damage, no boost, fast tire wear & fuel consumption, real draft, real traction.
There is a practice event set up.
Did a practice run yesterday, all alone, not other Geezers in sight.
I used the thrusty old 787B. Or should I have used the Vision Mazda ?

@GBO Possum: I'm not exactly a kid, but B-spec ? Tried it a few times in GT5 but I bought the game to drive, not to train stupid Bob. So, for me, I see no point in using B-spec.
Luckily it does not count for career mode...
Will never use it again.
I made a second account two weeks ago (using only clutch and H-shifter - where possible) I made it to Super, did all the Vettel, moon, Goodwood, Senna and Sierra things and the coffee breaks (apart from drifting 🤬🤬🤬)
Did the recent seasonals also.
Now I have some 47.000.000 credits and 78 (fully tuned) cars. Why the .... should I care for B-spec ?
I want to drive myself... :gtpflag:

Did a practice run yesterday, all alone, not other Geezers in sight.
I used the thrusty old 787B. Or should I have used the Vision Mazda ?

@GBO Possum: I'm not exactly a kid, but B-spec ? Tried it a few times in GT5 but I bought the game to drive, not to train stupid Bob. So, for me, I see no point in using B-spec.
Luckily it does not count for career mode...
Will never use it again.
I made a second account two weeks ago (using only clutch and H-shifter - where possible) I made it to Super, did all the Vettel, moon, Goodwood, Senna and Sierra things and the coffee breaks (apart from drifting 🤬🤬🤬)
Did the recent seasonals also.
Now I have some 47.000.000 credits and 78 (fully tuned) cars. Why the .... should I care for B-spec ?
I want to drive myself... :gtpflag:

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo @680PP

(Use power limiter or Weight to get to 680PP)

Last edited:
Back