GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Hello geezers only a few days to go until Saturday.
First race will be a ten lapper in the VW Beetle 1966 you may tune it to your hearts content, don't forget the oil change.
Second race will be the 30 lapper in the formula gran turismo. fully tuned etc with fuel rate set to normal.
Last race will be a 10 lapper in the beetle as above but you can only overtake the car in front after you cause it to spin out, apart from that there are no rules.
All the above races will take place at Monaco, so passports at the ready.:sly::):):)
I love it too bad I will miss it enjoy. @Stewyripper do you stay up late thinking of these events or are they inspired by the London traffic? And by the way I can't seem to catch you either :cheers:

Hello geezers only a few hours to go until Saturday.
First race will be a ten lapper in the VW Beetle 1966 you may tune it to your hearts content, don't forget the oil change. i have been practicing these events so should be a bit quicker this weekend.
{fat hope with sw10 and whoosier on me tail} [just had rear facing rockets fitted]
Second race will be the 30 lapper in the formula gran turismo. fully tuned etc with fuel rate set to normal.
Last race will be a 10 lapper in the beetle as above but you can only overtake the car in front after you cause it to spin out, apart from that there are no rules.
All the above races will take place at Monaco, so passports at the ready.:sly::):):)

First race will be a ten lapper in the VW Beetle 1966 you may tune it to your hearts content, don't forget the oil change. i have been practicing these events so should be a bit quicker this weekend.
{fat hope with sw10 and whoosier on me tail} [just had rear facing rockets fitted]
I have absolutely no success with the F1 car. I have no idea how to make it turn especially at the hairpin. Don't worry, I'll try to stay out of the way, except on the silly race. To say this track causes me grief is an understatement, thankfully they race only once a year, so hopefully Stewy can put this place on the back burner!

P.M.

I have absolutely no success with the F1 car. I have no idea how to make it turn especially at the hairpin. Don't worry, I'll try to stay out of the way, except on the silly race. To say this track causes me grief is an understatement, thankfully they race only once a year, so hopefully Stewy can put this place on the back burner!

P.M.

You and I can race at the back of the pack?:dopey::lol::lol:

Tires???

Not long now, just to clarify,

race 1 VW Beetle 66, 10 laps fuel and tyre wear on normal. Free tyre choice.

race 2 Formula Gran Turismo F1 car 30 laps fuel and tyres on normal, free tyre choice.

race 3 VW Beetle 66 10 laps spin to pass otherwise no rules just let the mayhem begin. [hysterical laughter]:crazy::crazy::crazy:

All the above races, pit stops as required.

Room will be open at 13.30 UK time 08.30 Eastern, see you all there soon. :):):)

Found the problem, the wire from the back of the G27 pedal box has been rubbing on the Wheel Stand Pro and is partially severed. Depending on the position of the wire this does various funny things including locking the brakes on, giving full or no acceleration and also effects the buttons on the gear shift box. Am now going to take it apart to see how to effect a repair.

Might be back on the sticks for a while, that is if I can still remember how to use them, that will be fun. :lol: :yuck:

Found the problem, the wire from the back of the G27 pedal box has been rubbing on the Wheel Stand Pro and is partially severed. Depending on the position of the wire this does various funny things including locking the brakes on, giving full or no acceleration and also effects the buttons on the gear shift box. Am now going to take it apart to see how to effect a repair.

Might be back on the sticks for a while, that is if I can still remember how to use them, that will be fun. :lol: :yuck:

Ouch!

Building a replacement cable from Amazon parts might be the way to go to avoid an unsightly band-aid repair.
Afraid I'd band-aid it though, just to git'er back up!

EDIT: Found this hope it is helpful. G27 Pinouts

Good Luck with this!

Last edited:
Ouch!

Building a replacement cable from Amazon parts might be the way to go to avoid an unsightly band-aid repair.
Afraid I'd band-aid it though, just to git'er back up!

EDIT: Found this hope it is helpful. G27 Pinouts

Good Luck with this!

Thanks for that, at least I now know what they do. I have one red cut completely and a white and black damaged but not broken. Could be worse. I am definitely going for the 'band-aid' option the only problem is the wires are so very thin, very similar to that used in telephone wiring so am now going to consider ways of a neatish repair. :confused:

P1010755.JPG

Currently looks like this, think I can sleeve the white and black and then splice in a short length in the red one and hopefully re-sleeve them all for protection. Should be fun, I'll try after I've eaten, gotta keep my strength up. :lol: :cheers:

View attachment 372703

Currently looks like this, think I can sleeve the white and black and then splice in a short length in the red one and hopefully re-sleeve them all for protection. Should be fun, I'll try after I've eaten, gotta keep my strength up. :lol: :cheers:

Hi bud, bad luck there but a good fix is some small butt connectors and heat shrink tubing. Yes, they are VERY small wires,, soldering them is a bugger so the connectors and shrink tubing does a great job! Best of luck bud!!

Project Cars

This morning, I reinstall the Ricmotech adapter for the PS4 to the G27, and this time I put the controller on automatic. This time, everything worked just fine. There was good feedback, gas and brake pedal were ok. The stickshift had to be neutral, if not everything stop.
Now I have to figure out how to use the paddle shift. Let you know how it goes.

Thanks to all you geezers who attended on Saturday a good day was had by all.
Next week we will be using the cars won in the seasonal events this week, so get out there and get them done geezers,
they are all easy to do.

Race 1 will be the VW Golf v gti 05, 12 laps @ Monza. we will start on sports hard tyres, for 2 complete laps then free tyre choice after, so you can pit at the end of lap2 or later. Full tuning is allowed but no aero parts to be added. :lol::lol::lol:

Race 2 The Tamura 02 stock only oil change allowed and brake balance change, @High speed ring 15 laps.
Starting on sports hard tyres, pits wll be open for tyre changes after 2 complete laps.💡💡💡
Oh yes forgot to say it will be raining quite hard probably.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Wet suits, Snorkels and full diving dry suits for hire on the day

Race 3 will be the Corvette zo6 stock tuning as above.It will be 13 laps @ Nurburgring gp circuit starting on sports soft.
Pits will be open after lap 1 so you may pit at the end of lap 2 or later. :cool::cool::cool:

Silly car race will be the Ford KA fully tuned, aero allowed, starting on comfort softs. It will be 20 laps at the
Gran Turismo Arena reverse no rules, crash em and bash em. Be warned this car eats lamborghini's for breakfast;);););)

Many thanks go to @papagnr for help with testing cars and tracks, thanks mate.:)

Your mad host Stewy.

Test rooms are open for you geezers.

Last edited:
Next week we will be using the cars won in the seasonal events this week, so get out there and get them done geezers,
they are all easy to do.

Race 1 will be the VW Golf v gti 05, 12 laps @ Monza. we will start on sports hard tyres, for 2 complete laps then free tyre choice after, so you can pit at the end of lap2 or later. Full tuning is allowed but no aero parts to be added. :lol::lol::lol:

Race 2 The Tamura 02 stock only oil change allowed and brake balance change, @High speed ring 15 laps.
Starting on sports hard tyres, pits wll be open for tyre changes after 2 complete laps.💡💡💡
Oh yes forgot to say it will be raining quite hard probably.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Race 3 will be the Corvette zo6 stock tuning as above.It will be 13 laps @ Nurburgring gp circuit starting on sports soft.
Pits will be open after lap 1 so you may pit at the end of lap 2 or later. :cool::cool::cool:

Silly car race will be the Ford KA fully tuned, aero allowed, starting on comfort softs. It will be 20 laps at the
Gran Turismo Arena reverse no rules, crash em and bash em. Be warned this car eats lamborghini's for breakfast;);););)

Many thanks go to @papagnr for help with testing cars and tracks, thanks mate.:)

Your mad host Stewy.

In preperation for the High Speed Ring - Tamora 02 race in the rain. Today, I practiced by putting an egg on a dinner plate on my dashboard then drove to work. All about throttle / braking and turning control. Tomorrow, I'll use a hard boiled egg.

PMallard

they are all easy to do.

Your mad host Stewy.

Thanks much Stewy for setting up these fun races bud 👍👍, did a test race at HSR with the Tamora and I'm glad I did. Like the car ALOT!! but I learned a few "DO NOT DO THAT!!" and now maybe I'm just a little better prepared for Saturdays races. I posted a note in the lobby but will mention it here also for those who might not get to the practice rooms. I made the mistake of becoming complacent,, "lulled to sleep" if you will because that car handled so well on SH tires I failed to notice the rain percentages being updated on the upper left of my screen 🤬 . That was a huge mistake!! Ran the first 5 laps in pretty good fashion, tires were at 8 and 9 on the front and 10's on the back so blew on by the pits to start lap 6,, I'm roll'n real good into the BIG left hand sweeper at previous speed and UH OHHH,, that rascal broke free so quick I couldn't catch it, smacked the high side fence, went careening back down to the bottom fence, hit it so hard the car did a 360 then came to full stop. Could barely get it moving again and I'm wondering WTH just happened :boggled:!! THEN I noticed the rain percentage was at a bit over 70%,, AH HA!! Well, it was a very long and VERY careful :nervous: trip around the course to get back to the pits and change to full out rain tires. There was another full 360 spin on the rain tires - lap 7 - but that was only because I was pushing it just a tad too far and I deserved to loose it :banghead:. Lesson was - PAY ATTENTION TO THE RAIN % and keep a close eye on the car stability! It WILL bust loose very quickly and you need to be ready to catch it!:dopey:

Also Ran the Golf at Monza as well and really like the car with a few tweeks to "GHOSTRIDER65"s tune [https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/volkswagen-golf-v-gti-05.1382/] 👍👍 and surely could not catch your 1:50 but ran well enough to finish I believe. Today I'll be giving the 06 Vette a test lap or two at NBRING and get the KA Ford ready. Thanks again buddy and perhaps we'll catch up with you today or tomorrow out there on the grid :cheers:

I will miss my first Stewy Sat Bash this weekend. My grandson graduates from high school Sat morning and I can't miss that. I'll think of the Geezers during the frequent waiting periods and know you will have a great time as usual. I'll be there next week. :cheers:

Back