GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
Would you please share what parts you needed and the tech tricks that got your G27 to work with the PS4?
The adapter is from RICMOTECH SIMULATION RACING EQUIPMENT in Miami Fl. and is called: MaxRace F-1 V-5 for PS4
It allows any Logitech wheels to be played on the PS4. It sells for $119.95 + shipping.
With Project Cars, I had the controller set for automatic gear shift and the paddle on the wheel was controlling the camera views. This way, it was working fine but I wanted to shift manually. So to use the paddles to shift, in manual mode, we had to reassign button to get R1 button as gear shift up ( Used triangle button) and L1 button as gear shift down ( used the square button) In the game Project Cars, we can assign buttons on the controller as we want using the OPTION button and fallowing the instructions.
I hope this explanation is clear enough, if not let me know.

The adapter is from RICMOTECH SIMULATION RACING EQUIPMENT in Miami Fl. and is called: MaxRace F-1 V-5 for PS4
It allows any Logitech wheels to be played on the PS4. It sells for $119.95 + shipping.
With Project Cars, I had the controller set for automatic gear shift and the paddle on the wheel was controlling the camera views. This way, it was working fine but I wanted to shift manually. So to use the paddles to shift, in manual mode, we had to reassign button to get R1 button as gear shift up ( Used triangle button) and L1 button as gear shift down ( used the square button) In the game Project Cars, we can assign buttons on the controller as we want using the OPTION button and fallowing the instructions.
I hope this explanation is clear enough, if not let me know.

Thanks! I was wondering if there was any additional bits & pieces beyond the primary interface box, looks like the firmware update did the trick. @waukazoo may be interested in this news.

Well geezers here we are approaching the weekend again. hope you are all ready for this one

Race 1 will be the VW Golf v gti 05, 12 laps @ Monza. we will start on sports hard tyres, for 2 complete laps then free tyre choice after, so you can pit at the end of lap3 or later. Full tuning is allowed but no aero parts to be added. :lol::lol::lol:

Race 2 The Tamura 02 stock only oil change allowed and brake balance change, @High speed ring 15 laps.
Starting on sports hard tyres, pits wll be open for tyre changes after 2 complete laps.💡💡💡
Oh yes forgot to say it will be raining quite hard probably.:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Wet suits, Snorkels and full diving dry suits and budgie smugglers for hire on the day.

Race 3 will be the Corvette zo6 stock tuning as above.It will be 13 laps @ Nurburgring gp circuit starting on sports soft.
Pits will be open after lap 1 so you may pit at the end of lap 2 or later. :cool::cool::cool:

Silly car race will be the Ford KA fully tuned, aero allowed, starting on comfort softs. It will be 20 laps at the
Gran Turismo Arena reverse no rules, crash em and bash em. Be warned this car
eats lamborghini's for breakfast;);););)

Many thanks go to @papagnr for help with testing cars and tracks, thanks mate.:)

Your mad host Stewy.

Test rooms are open for you geezers.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone has any suggestions, but I started GT6 when I got home from work and the steering wheel is unresponsive. I wasn't sure whether it is the power supply or something else so I got my old Driving force GT out and connected it, and it works. So then I put the G27 back in place and used the DFGT power supply (same voltage but only .75A instead of 1.75) Nothing. I hesitate to plug the 1.75A supply into the DFGT to see if the power supply is working but-- - I don't want to do something to put me out of business completely. No, I don't have a multimeter and I've checked my wife's laptop power supply - different voltage output. Any ideas anyone? I tried driving the DFGT, but the pedals are like pushing on air, no feedback for my feet. Just can't drive with it. I want my G27 back!

P mallard

Thanks Soks, I had given up and resigned myself to trying to learn to drive with the DFGT. Then gave that up for a nap. Then tried your suggestion of cleaning the USB to PS3 as well a squeezing the USB connector a slight bit to tighten the fit. I suppose it saw the error of it's way when I informed the G27 I would replace it if it didn't start working and it did. I'm sure your suggestion had something to do with that.
Best regards
PMallard

Morning geezers the room will be open today at 13.30 UK time, 0830 Eastern as usual.
Race 1 vw golf v gt 05 tuned no aero. sports hard tyres to start free choice after, pits open after you start lap 3.:):):)

Race 2 the Tamora 02 stock no aero.sports hard tyres to start free choice after pits open after you start lap 3.:eek::eek::eek:

Race 3 the corvette zo6 stock no aero. sports soft tyres to start free choice after pits open after you start lap 2.;););)

Last race will be the Ford KA, fully tuned aero allowed but be warned some may not be able to handle the unbridled snorting power this car produces, makes the Huarya look like a pussy cat.:scared::scared::scared: ;););)

Last edited:
Thank you again Stewy for another FUN Saturday session. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks to the Gang for very intense & very competitive racing. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

See you all next time. :D :gtpflag:

Dagnabit... I slept like a true geezer though today's events again. :indiff: One of these days I'll catch up with y'all. Meanwhile I'll just have to keep chasing blue lines. Oh well, time for another nap.:P:P (Got to rest up for the Grand Prix of Canada next weekend!)
Meanwhile, keep up the good work Stewy! Thanks!

Hello geezers there will only be one race this Saturday {sensible one that is} planning 100 laps in the
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.
Fully tuned any tyres.
Track will be either Daytona speedway, Indianapolis speedway or Twin ring Motegi Super speedway.
A vote will be held on which track to use.:)

Practice rooms are open, Daytona and Indy reduced to 60 laps each = same distance as Motegi speedway 100 laps.
Enjoy :):):)

Last edited:
Hello geezers there will only be one race this Saturday {sensible one that is} planning 100 laps in the
Fully tuned any tyres.
Track will be either Daytona speedway, Indianapolis speedway or Twin ring Motegi Super speedway.

Practice rooms are open, Daytona and Indy reduced to 60 laps each = same distance as Motegi speedway 100 laps.

GEEZER TT RESULTS 5/27

2WD Race Car @ Nurburgring - Geezer Podium: GTsail2 7.24.955, #223 ITW, Top 0.40%
nordschleife1951 7.29.034, #427 ITW, Top 0.76%
Fanapryde 7.29.150, #430 ITW, Top 0.76%
Geezer Top Ten: bobby227, Ema-Nymton, JotaFDuarte, oldboy1943, mots63, SCClockDr, nosoks
6 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.8%
All 30 Geezers got GOLD

Non Race Car @ Mid-Field - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.10.483, #53 ITW, Top 0.04%
pepper_mallard 1.10.843, #143 ITW, Top 0.11%
JotaFDuarte 1.11.036, #193 ITW, Top 0.15%
Geezer Top Ten: stewyripper, mots63, bobby2227, SCClockDr, matilda1234, daduce1947, GTsail2
5 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.4%
9 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 0.8%
31 of 32 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GEEZER DT RESULTS 5/27

Non Race Car @ Nurburgring GP/D - Geezer Podium: macdog54, Toppy_JOE, PapaGnr
All 7 Geezers got GOLD

4WD Race Car @ Trial Mountain - Geezer Podium: PapaGnr, macdog54, bobby2227
5 of 6 Geezers got GOLD

Who says Geezers are Driftless? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Fully tuned any tyres.

Sorry Stewy, but 30 laps at Monaco was enough for me and I only completed 27 when my G27 pedals stopped functioning.:banghead: 🤬

Also, as I'm slower than the rest of you, when I'm at my best that is by 1 to 2 secs, it will be very lonely at the back to say nothing of somewhat boring so I'll pass on this one. I'll try the next time when hopefully my new microphone will have arrived and I'll also be able to communicate. :cheers: :cheers:

Have fun. :D

GEEZER TT RESULTS 5/27

2WD Race Car @ Nurburgring - Geezer Podium: GTsail2 7.24.955, #223 ITW, Top 0.40%
nordschleife1951 7.29.034, #427 ITW, Top 0.76%
Fanapryde 7.29.150, #430 ITW, Top 0.76%
Geezer Top Ten: bobby227, Ema-Nymton, JotaFDuarte, oldboy1943, mots63, SCClockDr, nosoks
6 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 1.8%
All 30 Geezers got GOLD

Non Race Car @ Mid-Field - Geezer Podium: nordschleife1951 1.10.483, #53 ITW, Top 0.04%
pepper_mallard 1.10.843, #143 ITW, Top 0.11%
JotaFDuarte 1.11.036, #193 ITW, Top 0.15%
Geezer Top Ten: stewyripper, mots63, bobby2227, SCClockDr, matilda1234, daduce1947, GTsail2
5 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.4%
9 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 0.8%
31 of 32 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

I love your statistics on geezer performance(s), especially when I'm #2 as on the Nordschleife which was a tough battle but a race to be very much enjoyed!
But whenever I see your statistics, I ask myself where you take the figures from?
I think I couldn't do it, but maybe you could enlighten me!?
Thanks and have fun!

Hi @EmaNymton

I'll attempt to illuminate if I may.

@geezer1791 can see all his Geezer friend's times either in the Seasonal Online World Rankings or on the GT6 official site via PC. That is where he gets some of our data. He also has a second PSN ID that he runs the Seasonal TT with where he tries to go slow enough to get near or on the last page of participants. From there by selecting the World Rankings he can discover the total number of participants (this needs to be done from the PS3 in-game). The ID that finishes last has a position listed, that number equals the total participants.

As to where he gleans our world ranking, it looks like he scrolls the list (in-game) looking for each Geezer once he has the times recorded, a tedious task indeed. If @geezer1791 can further disclose how he gets this info I'd sure appreciate it.

If PD would include the world ranking in the info sheet for each player and the total participants that would make things much easier. Not sure I'll live to see that happen though.

Hi @EmaNymton

@geezer1791 can see all his Geezer friend's times either in the Seasonal Online World Rankings or on the GT6 official site via PC. That is where he gets some of our data. He also has a second PSN ID that he runs the Seasonal TT with where he tries to go slow enough to get near or on the last page of participants. From there by selecting the World Rankings he can discover the total number of participants (this needs to be done from the PS3 in-game). The ID that finishes last has a position listed, that number equals the total participants.

As to where he gleans our world ranking, it looks like he scrolls the list (in-game) looking for each Geezer once he has the times recorded, a tedious task indeed. If @geezer1791 can further disclose how he gets this info I'd sure appreciate it.

If PD would include the world ranking in the info sheet for each player and the total participants that would make things much easier. Not sure I'll live to see that happen though.

You're right on @SCClockDr, fortunately the fast Geezers are fast enough that I don't have to scroll too far to find their World Ranking, I am always impressed and inspired. Congratulations to you as you are showing up in the Geezer Top 10 frequently, keep it up. :cheers: :cheers:

I've test run all 3 of Stewy's proposed tracks. :crazy: The shortest time is at Daytona (around 45 minutes) & the longest at

Motegi (about an hour). I used RS throughout, with Daytona the easiest on tire wear but fuel consumption the worst. Both

Indy & Motegi were easier on fuel but harder on tires.

Hope this info helps you make your choice of track for the event. 💡

Personally, I'm going for Motegi. 👍 👍
One thing about Daytona is the ability to use the draft more so than Motegi. That of course can affect fuel mileage which as you point out is the weak point of Daytona. Makes strategy a bit more important -- as long as you don't lose the draft.

PMallard

Hi @EmaNymton

Thank you very much, Doc, to enlighten me! :bowdown:
The idea with the 2nd PSN-Id, driving a REALLY slow lap is not new to me, I have "invented" that myself already, but just in order to know how many participants there are in a given race.
So e.g. when there are 55.000 participants and I am #973, I can say that I am among the best 1,77% (which is not bad for a geezer).
So this I understand.

But then it becomes confusing (still):
1.) I wouldn't even have a list of ALL the geezers that are member in the Geezer Club and
2.) even id I did: searching 55.000+ entries in the worlds ranking list in GT6 is close to impossible (to say the least),
3.) afaik on the official GT6 site via PC I can only see the first 250 (fastest), but not all participants (but searching that list would be nearly as cumbersome as under Point 2.).
If I would have to do it, I would
a) Need a complete list of ALL geezers,
b) the possibility to see ALL participants in the GT6 World Ranking on the PC, and then
c) I would copy & paste that complete list into an Excel-Spreadsheet and then
d) search for each and every geezer and delete the rest, which would leave me with
e) an Excel-file with the results of all the geezers.
But I couldn't do that, since I can't perform steps a) and b). :mischievous:
And to be honest: I would be MUCH to lazy to go through that (I was Born lazy already, and it has not improved since). :D

I fully agree to your last paragraph, but maybe we are too old to live up to the date PD would do that!

However, many thanks for taking your time to write this answer!
Cheers,
Tom.

But then it becomes confusing (still):
1.) I wouldn't even have a list of ALL the geezers that are member in the Geezer Club and
2.) even id I did: searching 55.000+ entries in the worlds ranking list in GT6 is close to impossible (to say the least),

To clarify further, @geezer1791 has a list of all the members of the Geezer Club. We are all on his "Friends" list. So he can see all of our times directly when he logs into any particular time trial. If you want to see everyone's times you just need to add the rest of the Geezer Club to your Friends list!

In regard to the second part, yeah, to see everyone's specific rank, you need to scroll thru all the rankings (as @SCClockDr says, maybe eventually PD will help us with this), as you mention, this is quite time-consuming, so I think that @geezer1791 only scrolls thru the first three places on the podium to find the top three Geezer drivers. He could scroll down further, but then he wouldn't have time to drive any of the cars!;)

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Back