GTP Geezer ClubOpen 

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,067 comments
MOT'S SPECIAL TT - RESULTS 11/25

Geezer Podium: 1-GZR_Jota_FD 2.00.686, 2-GZR_Stewyripper1 2.00.700, 3-GZR_mots 2.00.790

1125Mot's Standings.jpg

Hi Geezers. Out in So Cal for the Thanksgiving holiday. Went to the LA Auto Show on Monday, what a great show. The new Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio is spectacular and the new Acura NSX is no slouch.

Also participated in the Hyundai Racing Challenge using the Hyundai Vision GT on the Matterhorn Dristelen circuit and posted the fastest time of the day. First time using a steering wheel and pedals, and I liked it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating the holiday. :cheers:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi geezers racing tomorrow

Race 1 will be MERCEDES 300 SL 54.

race 2 will be SUPERBIRD 70.

race 3 will be LOTUS ELISE RACE CAR 96. 5

we will all be driving the same cars in each race.

It's a retro weekend.

We will be running these cars stock with oil change and brake balance adjustment as required. Free tyre choice.

Having been flogging these cars all week there will be some very very close racing.

looking forward to this weekend being slower and more relaxed. :lol::lol::lol:

got an idea for next week the winner of each race will pick a car from their year of birth and we will race them next weekend, not to many Kubelwagen's please. :lol::lol::lol:

Room will be open at the usual time 13.30 UK 08.30 EST racing 30 ish minutes later.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Morning Geezers decent days racing yesterday.:cheers:

The winners picked cars for next week and they are as follows.

1 Volkswagen Schwimmwagen :cheers: Madrid short track 15 laps pit stop required.

2 Volkswagen Kubelwagen :cheers: Matterhorn short track 20 laps pit stop required.

3 Volkswagen Beetle 1949 :cheers: Nurburgring nordschleife 2 laps required. nos available.

We will run these cars fully tuned,

Test room open today @ 14.00 UK if anyone cares to join in. :cheers:

3/12/15

FINAL EDIT

Last edited:
:)Anyone else have a problem with the update? It updated my main account to 7/29/15 status :boggled: :confused: :irked: :ouch: :grumpy:
I have a recent backup memory stick, but now don't have confidence with system. Has anyone restored a backup with success? I would hate to lose all the cars acquired since July. :ouch: My GZR_ account looks OK. :cheers:
:) :) :) Restore worked :cool: :gtpflag:

Last edited:
GEEZERS TT RESULTS - 12/2

Non Race Car @ Eifel - Geezer Podium: JotaFDuarte 1.38.377, #121 ITW, Top 0.10%
dlone47 1.38.407, #127 ITW, Top 0.10%
pepper_mallard 1.39.100 #285 ITW, Top 0.23%
Geezer Top 10 - mots63, bobby2227, GTsail, stewyripper, Ema-Nymton, wauk-azoo, Toppy_JOE
5 Geezers in Top 500 - Top 0.40%
10 Geezers in Top 1000 - Top 0.80%
28 of 33 Geezers got GOLD

1980 Race Car @ Autumn Ring - Geezer Podium: pepper_mallard 58.975, #570 ITW, Top 0.42%
JotaFDuarte 59.156, #712 ITW, Top 0.53%
RAYCELYNE 59.500, #1086 ITW, Top 0.81%
Geezer Top 10 - dlone47, Qship, mots63, zona99, P-Wiink, stewyripper, Ema-Nymton
29 of 33 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

GEEZER DT RESULTS - 12/2

Pre 70's @ Roma - Geezer Podium: 1. Toppy_JOE, 2. bobby2227, 3. macdog54
7 of 7 Geezers got GOLD

Rally Car @ Brands Hatch - Geezer Podium: 1. Toppy_JOE, 2. PapaGnr, 3. Oslaf510
8 of 8 Geezers got GOLD

Geezers Rock Sideways Too :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 👍 👍

Racing Saturday as follows.

1 Volkswagen Schwimmwagen :cheers:Madrid short track 15 laps pit stop required.

2 Volkswagen Kubelwagen :cheers:Matterhorn short track 20 laps pit stop required.

3 Volkswagen Beetle 1949 :cheers:Nurburgring nordschleife 2 laps required. nos available.

We will run these cars fully tuned, nos available for race three only.

Room will be open at the usual time 13.30 UK, 08,30 EST. Racing starts about 30 minutes later.

Next weekend will be the Red bull Junior fully tuned, tracks to be nominated by winners tomorrow.

Last edited:
Excellent days racing today and well done to @elgcee42 for a win at Nurburgring nordschleife.:cheers::cheers:

I wont mention that i had two wins today. :cheers::cheers:

Next week is the Red Bull Junior no limits, the tracks will be as follows.

1 Nurburgring nordschleife 5 laps (this may change this according to tyre wear etc)

2 Midfield raceway 12 laps (this may change this according to tyre wear etc)

3 Deep forest 10 laps (this may change this according to tyre wear etc)and how long it takes me to exit sand trap.

Room settings for those of you who want to practice in private are as follows.

laps as per race, time 1400, time progression 1, SRF prohibited, damage light, fuel and tyre wear

very fast, track grip real, boost off, slipstream strength strong, weather off unless we run a wet race.

I will have a room open for all who want help tuning etc each day this week 1400 UK 0900 EST or just a general muck

about and a giraffe, you can even take a break to shove something down your GREGORY. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
On the geezer account and now sitting 5 thousandths of a second behind @jotafduarte, staying on untill i beat him. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Finished now and made a time of 2.08.544, the trick is to approach the corner at the start of the downhill section in second gear, coast through the corner no brakes here, the next corner approach in 4th gear drop to third turn in quickly no brakes, accelerate out change on the red line, change into 5th in the middle of the long right hand bend and hang on , then brake for the bottom corner. If you use the brakes anywhere on the downhill section before the left at the bottom of the hill you will lose masses of time, good luck geezers.

Last edited:
MOT'S GZR TT'S RESULTS - 12/9

Race Car @ Willow - Geezer Podium: 1-GZR_JotaFD 1.21.316
2-Veda9947 1.21.468
3-GZR_Wauk 1.21.584

Historic Euro @ Matterhorn - Geezer Podium: 1-GZR_JotdFD 2.08.526
2-GZR_Stewyripper1 2.08.544
3-Veda9947 2.09.159

Mot's StandingsDec.jpg
Mot's StandingsDec#2.jpg

Last edited:
Geezers race day tomorrow will be the Red Bull junior x 2014.

The tracks are as follows

1 Nurburgring nordschleife 5 laps :cheers::cheers:

2 Midfield raceway 12 laps :cheers::cheers:

3 Deep forest 10 laps :cheers::cheers:

fuel will be on very fast but there will not be a compulsory pit stop.

Expecting some fast and furious racing tomorrow.

Room will be open at the usual time 13.30 UK 08.30 EST racing 30 minutes later.

Qualifying will be a one lap shot only. :nervous::nervous::nervous:

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Afternoon Geezers good days racing apart from the glitches, lag issues, and mics cutting out.

Next weekend we will do one makes picked on the day and tracks picked on the day.

The following weekend racing is on the 26th December, i will open a room if enough want to race that day.

Thought on the 26th we might just pick a track start slow then get quicker, also it will be an anything goes race.:cheers:

Hi geezers

In Portugal the best GT6 players and some of my friends are now playing PROJECT CARS with PS4
It will be the same in your countries?
The trend is unmistakeable. @praiano63, @Motor City Hami, and our own @waukazoo have made the move. It's simply a matter of time before the mass exodus takes hold. Christmas is coming, there will be PS4's under more than a few Christmas trees, new wheels, & PSN cards. I suspect 2016 will be a very different year than this one in the Geezer world.

I've resisted the move personally because once captured it will likely be very difficult to find my way back. It was true Wii > PS3 and GT5 > GT6 with me already. Though I did return to GT5 for some shuffle racing just prior to the server shutdown.

My G27 is already swapped out for the G29, a pawned PS4 & I'm a goner I'm afraid, though I expect I would hang in for @Stewyripper Saturdays.

When the exodus begins I pray we regather in the new venue as I do enjoy racing and chatting together.

Back