GTP getting slower??

Cosmic
It could be your pc.
Thats a possibility but as Jordan has said before. There is a log file that gets full on occasion that slows the site down if he doesn't clean it out. I get on the site on 3 different computers at 3 different locations. 1 at work, one at home, one at friends house. It happens on all of them and it just happens once in a while. No big deal. I just like to let Jordan know just in case that log file is backing up. 👍

GTP always seems to load fine for me most of the time, at about 5 or 6 o'clock it starts to slow down but not to a point of where it is a inconvience. I run 100 posts and everything else normal. I just figured that around that time there are alot of people signing on after work and I just deal with it.

It isn't slow for me (using GTP Lite).
And I have a question. I would use the default style but the letter is big like this : A. Why is that so?
Are you sure this ins't your browsers font size? Your browser has the font size smallest, small, medium, large, and largest. It might be on a setting you normally don't use.

This log file is rediculous...it got big again. I've never had one get over 2 GB so fast!!! :eek: Sorry guys, it should be fixed now.

I could tell something was wrong yesterday. But last night and this morning it was really really bad. Seems good again now. Amazing how fast this site goes when that log file is cleared! 👍

Is the log file big again? My connection to this site is terrible right now - I don't have a problem with any other sites. I keep getting timeout errors and I'm sometimes unable to post messages.

Something's definitely wrong—same symptoms here (laggy laggy, timeouts, etc.).

For me, most of the time it seems to be dependant on the time of day. I have a bit of a wonky sleep schedule, so I'm often on here in the middle of the night (like right now, it's after 1AM, CST). It seems okay right now, but sometimes it gets incredibly slow during the late hours, and there are times when I can't access it at all. But then, the next morning (or afternoon, as I sometimes don't get up until noonish), it's back to normal.

Does your hosting service do daily backups of the site? Could they be doing something late at night that causes the site to go down or become sluggish, thinking that because it's the middle of the night, it won't affect anything?

These time outs are getting more frequent, I'll get about 3 an hour depending on time of day, very annoying.

Sage
Something's definitely wrong—same symptoms here (laggy laggy, timeouts, etc.).
Yes something is wrong again. Probably the huge log file. Seems like this site gets slow at least once a week then I just put it into GTP LITE and wait until the file is cleared.

Yes, the log file got huge again. It's cleared now. I've got to get this thing rotated automatically.

Does your hosting service do daily backups of the site? Could they be doing something late at night that causes the site to go down or become sluggish, thinking that because it's the middle of the night, it won't affect anything?
Yes, our forum database is backed up every night at 3:00 AM, EST. It will be extremely slow during this time, but it shouldn't last for more than a few minutes.

Yes, we are on a Fedora server, I meant that I just haven't gotten around to setting up the cron script yet.

Jordan
Yes, we are on a Fedora server, I meant that I just haven't gotten around to setting up the cron script yet.

Whatever you do with the site I'm sure it'll put GTP even further in front of the next-best GT site on the Net.

👍

Cosmic
It isn't slow for me (using GTP Lite).
And I have a question. I would use the default style but the letter is big like this : A. Why is that so?

Are you using Firefox?

Press Ctrl then use your mouse's scroll wheel to get it back to normal.

For IE you'd have to ask one of the other computer-mad scientists around the site. :dopey:

Stinky Chicken
Are you using Firefox?

Press Ctrl then use your mouse's scroll wheel to get it back to normal.

For IE you'd have to ask one of the other computer-mad scientists around the site. :dopey:
Works the same on IE, or you can go to View -> Text Size.

Stinky Chicken -- Your posts are 3 minutes apart. It's best to use the Edit button when you forget to add something. 👍

edit.gif

Back