GTP getting slower??

Seems like today the site is really bad. One minute I can get right in, another minute I sit and wait forever for it to load.

Jimmy Enslashay
Stinky Chicken -- Your posts are 3 minutes apart. It's best to use the Edit button when you forget to add something. 👍

edit.gif

Okay, wait. Hang on. Those two posts were different subjects.

Oh, and I get what you mean now wehn you mentioned in MSN about how you pulled me up on a double post I made. I always considered "double posting" to mean you hit the Submit button twice, more than 20 seconds apart, so it made a duplicate post, not two posts one after the other about different subjects.

Sorry.

It looks like our current configuration isn't handling today's high loads very well. There's nearly 200 users in the GT4 forum alone.

for me at this point it is loading like drinking tarmac...

really slow, takes 20 sec+ to load a page (cable, firefox and default forum settings)

edit; make that 120 sec :grumpy:

GTP has been crawling for me, also. DSL, Firefox and GTP Lite.

Also, I keep having to log back in when I click on a link. :boggled: This just started today. Any thoughts?

Shorter threads have OK response times...but long threads like the 'Guess a car game' take ages to load.

P. S. Using firefox 1.0.

There's currently 365 people on the site... like it or not, this is bound to create a strain on the server.

Don't blame Jordan, blame PD... If it weren't for them, we wouldn't have so many visitors lately, and things would certainly be much faster. :P

Yes, there has been a tremendous strain on our resources today. I'm reviewing the day's activities with our hosting provider, so hopefully we can get this all sorted out.

I just rebooted the server, so it should fix the problem temporarily. I'm on a slow internet connection, so I can't really tell much...please keep me updated in this thread, guys.

Speed is jumping all around for me. Sometimes it seems faster than ever and ten minutes later, the pages barely load.

I've noticed it being slow at times, and when pages are slow for me, they're generally really slow for everyone else. I run on a 100MB/s OC48 connection. Although of late the site hasn't been too overwhelmingly slow IMO. The past week or so I've clicked over here and had it take about 5 - 10 seconds to load, where it normally doesn't take but a fraction of a second. I guess its time to implement the cron script :).

Oh, and FireFox definately loads faster than IE, which is one of the reasons I changed to it, not to mention all the security flaws that M$ just has a tendency to ignore.

Hopefully this will get cleared up and become a thing of the past before GT4 actually ships anywhere, because I see it becoming really ugly in a jiffy once GT4 hits stores (maybe not much of a problem for the Japanese release as the American release) when everyone will be here during their 10 minute break from GT4 every 5 or 6 hours :crazy:.

Sorry about that, guys, it looks like we had some kind of hardware failure last night and the server was completely down for more than 7 hours until I discovered it this morning. Technicians are currently inspecting the machine to see what needs to be done. :(

Jordan
Sorry about that, guys, it looks like we had some kind of hardware failure last night and the server was completely down for more than 7 hours until I discovered it this morning. Technicians are currently inspecting the machine to see what needs to be done. :(
The most important thing is that GTP is alive :) ;)
The speed of the site /server is changing alot , sometimes it's fast , sometimes it's slow.

Yea it seems to be running pretty well now, last night was just crazy slow until just befor gtp went offline. I think the problem is fixed.

[chip]
Yea it seems to be running pretty well now, last night was just crazy slow until just befor gtp went offline. I think the problem is fixed.

I noticed the same thing...

GTP was lagging pretty bad, and was even down for a minute or so, around noon today... However, now everything seems to be running smoothly...

;)

Back