GTP Global Rallycross Championship - OFFICIAL THREAD OPEN, SIGN UP NOW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katiegan
  • 81 comments
  • 4,847 views

Katiegan

Wrenching Wench
Premium
Messages
5,889
United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Messages
Katiegan
Messages
KatieB53
The official thread is now open! Click here to sign up now!
 
Last edited:
Right, this may or may not be of use to you but back when we used to get bored during IndyCar testing, we used to do 'rallycross' at Daytona in the premium rally cars.

Basically the track went like so: immediatley after pit lane exit on the front stretch you have to pull left onto the grass and take turns 1 + 2 entirely on the inner grass; then you stay on the inner grass all the way down the back stretch before taking turns 3 + 4 on the inner grass much like 1 + 2. Coming out of turn 4 there's a slight 'jump' in the grass after which you rejoin the main track tarmac on the front stretch. As you come up to pit entry you pull left and drive across the infield grass between the pits and the start/finish to complete the lap.

It's not hard to police (obvious when somebody cheats or simply makes a mistake) and it's a hell of a lot of fun. I hope the description makes sense; if it doesn't you can add me on PSN if you want and I'll show you a lap. Good luck with this 👍
 
Cnd and I were very close to doing this too. I may do this, depending on times and that type of stuff, but here are some good rallycross tracks:

Nurb GP/D and you use the grass going into the last chicane and you get some MASSIVE air!

Suzuka East- use the grass going off of turn 2 and stay on until the right hander (The first one)

Not sure how big the grid for this will be, but Kart space was great fun with 2 people...

Then like London, madrid mini, the short snow and gravel tracks are sweet too.
 
Times and dates are what it takes :D don't know what class though
 
I like the idea with using the grass as part of the track, but I'm worried other people would get confused and maybe start using the tarmac areas, which would give them an advantage over those on the grass.

I've also just recieved a PM about changing this to GRC and having just two classes. Currently having 7 classes would mean very long race days to cover all the heats. Instead, we could have just 2 classes... perhaps just a little more? Which classes should we keep?
 
That's what race replays and penalties are for. Anyhow, it's a ridiculously simple layout; a simple video or edited track map would tell everybody all they need to know in terms of what is off/on track.
 
Could I be the tanner foust of this?
 
I like the idea with using the grass as part of the track, but I'm worried other people would get confused and maybe start using the tarmac areas, which would give them an advantage over those on the grass.

I've also just recieved a PM about changing this to GRC and having just two classes. Currently having 7 classes would mean very long race days to cover all the heats. Instead, we could have just 2 classes... perhaps just a little more? Which classes should we keep?

At Daytona it may be quicker on the pavement, but at Nurb and Suzuka the grass is the quicker route.
 
Love the idea of Rallycross, but in your Supercar class you're excluding quite a bit of vehicles; such as the Evo super rally and a few others. As for the tracks, I have found that tracks less than 2 miles work best in keeping a common close competition throughout laps.
4 tracks I have tested so far are: Eiger Nordwand Track(asphalt), Eiger Nordwand Track W Trail, London, and ending with Tuscana (Time) for a nice finish.
All done using the C4(08)
(I like the idea of using cars that have the ability for extensive car damage. Photos after the race would look amazing. But hey :P)
Tire choice was sports medium, and Dirt tires.
I could not come to a decision between BHP regulation or PP.
 
Planning it with GRC now.

Should we carry on using rally cars as the cars to use, or road-going cars only? With the new GRC discipline, only two classes are used, Super and Limited. Super would be modified cars, Limited being stock or close to stock. I was thinking of using rally cars, however James says he wants to use road-going cars. What does everyone else think?
 
I'm interested.

Planning it with GRC now.

Should we carry on using rally cars as the cars to use, or road-going cars only? With the new GRC discipline, only two classes are used, Super and Limited. Super would be modified cars, Limited being stock or close to stock. I was thinking of using rally cars, however James says he wants to use road-going cars. What does everyone else think?

Two classes, one having rally cars and other using road cars.

edit: I basically said what's on the OP, lol.
 
Super could be WRC cars and limited could be the Subaru RM and Lancer TC.
 
An idea I had with rally might interest you. Use custom tracks on snow/gravel/tarmac and have someone write pace notes for these tracks (I don't mind doing it).

Don't release the tracks or pace notes to anyone until race day however so that practice on the tracks is not possible.

Then you either have someone read the notes who is with you when you race, or have co-driver on mic reading the notes as they watch race.
 
An idea I had with rally might interest you. Use custom tracks on snow/gravel/tarmac and have someone write pace notes for these tracks (I don't mind doing it).

Don't release the tracks or pace notes to anyone until race day however so that practice on the tracks is not possible.

Then you either have someone read the notes who is with you when you race, or have co-driver on mic reading the notes as they watch race.

We were actually thinking of using that track idea anyway! :)

However, in rallycross, there are no co-drivers. It's a circuit race, so they're not needed. Sometimes there is a navigator who tells the driver over radio if someone is getting close, but this may take up lobby bandwith and cause unwelcome lag!
 
Super could be WRC cars and limited could be the Subaru RM and Lancer TC.

That damn lancer is a touring car.
custom tracks take to long to be implemented into the community. plus people don't have the option of practicing unless it is shared. I believe in keeping it simple. Every thread I've read that tried using custom tracks died out.
 
Last edited:
Updated OP with a draft for the official thread's OP. Feedback appreciated!
 
Katiegan
Updated OP with a draft for the official thread's OP. Feedback appreciated!

Looks good.👍
 
...It looks beautiful! I call C4! is that how it works? lol
 
Looks good.👍

Dude...It looks beautiful! I call C4! is that how it works? lol

Thank you!

There is a registration form hidden in it somewhere, if you can find it. :sly: However, sign-ups are not currently open. I'll keep in mind your interest for the C4 though!
 
Katiegan
Thank you!

There is a registration form hidden in it somewhere, if you can find it. :sly: However, sign-ups are not currently open. I'll keep in mind your interest for the C4 though!

Are we using road cars or rally cars?
 
Thanks [=

"Limited Cars:
Any road-going hatchback with 500pp or less. No race/rally cars allowed."

Not on the same track as the rally cars listed under "Super Cars".
 
polarbear345
No.

Since you asked that, no. Just no.

Well 2-3 of my ideas we are using already in this so why not another?
 
well 2-3 of my ideas we are using already in this so why not another?

the question you just asked is answered already!

Read the op!!!
 
polarbear345
the question you just asked is answered already!

Read the op!!!

I did.
 
There are a lot of race tracks I looked at to do this sort of idea, ran about 7 laps at each track and have a good idea to monitor all track action, from rally cross Australia from a safety point and insurance purposes they only let cars go at 4 at a time, so if we do that and have 8 competitor's, so we would do a recce lap and you would instruct the people that aren't in race 1 to monitor a particular corner/ area, then do another recce lap and instruct the people from race 1 to do what the people who didn't race did, then depending on how many "mains" you have I would suggest only 1, so the people who finished first and second from each race go to the "A-Main" and the rest of the field monitor all the spot's needing to be monitored,

for this to work you will need minimum 8 people, I would also suggest to se the room to 18 laps, this will allow you to do 1 recce lap for each race then the A-Main will finish the race on the last lap so they can then claim the prize monies and career point's.

also where is the stratos rally car? that would have to be the most popular or all cars to rally cross, can I use the road stratos in road comp, if not I will go with one of the focus car's, I have them both,
 
This is something I'd like to join in. :) All depends on time & date of course! I think I'll jump into the Limited Class, I'd much prefer a road car over the available rally cars. I'll be doing some research as well to help progress this idea into a full-fledged series. Hope to race with all you of soon!
 
Back