GTP Global Rallycross Championship - OFFICIAL THREAD OPEN, SIGN UP NOW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katiegan
  • 81 comments
  • 4,849 views
I'm going to be testing more tracks with different tire options. I still say definitely no aids though.
 
I'm going to be testing more tracks with different tire options. I still say definitely no aids though.

Oh yes! Locking up and sliding is so much fun!
 
Are we using road cars or rally cars?

Read the OP. Then read it again.

There are a lot of race tracks I looked at to do this sort of idea, ran about 7 laps at each track and have a good idea to monitor all track action, from rally cross Australia from a safety point and insurance purposes they only let cars go at 4 at a time, so if we do that and have 8 competitor's, so we would do a recce lap and you would instruct the people that aren't in race 1 to monitor a particular corner/ area, then do another recce lap and instruct the people from race 1 to do what the people who didn't race did, then depending on how many "mains" you have I would suggest only 1, so the people who finished first and second from each race go to the "A-Main" and the rest of the field monitor all the spot's needing to be monitored,

for this to work you will need minimum 8 people, I would also suggest to se the room to 18 laps, this will allow you to do 1 recce lap for each race then the A-Main will finish the race on the last lap so they can then claim the prize monies and career point's.

also where is the stratos rally car? that would have to be the most popular or all cars to rally cross, can I use the road stratos in road comp, if not I will go with one of the focus car's, I have them both,

So... we're doing a recce lap like in the WRC? Why would we need monitors for the corners? Anybody cheating will probably get caught in the replay. I'm kind of lost on your idea lol. Rallycross doesn't have recce laps... they're basically track races with a bit of dirt mixed in.

The Stratos isn't in it because it isn't in the GRC. It's in the BRC, but we're not doing the BRC anymore. I'm following the GRC rules now. We have Super and Limited, that is it. I want to make this as close to the real thing as possible, so I'm not including cars like that.

This is something I'd like to join in. :) All depends on time & date of course! I think I'll jump into the Limited Class, I'd much prefer a road car over the available rally cars. I'll be doing some research as well to help progress this idea into a full-fledged series. Hope to race with all you of soon!

Glad you're interested! Times have yet to be decided, hopefully they'll be enough to cater for everyone around the world. :)

So you also get punted off the track as well correct?

Yeah! :dopey:

Also made a new banner, using a photo by ShaolinMasta which he kindly let us use. Which banner do you guys prefer? The current Liam Doran one or this Subaru one?

 
SUBARU! Even though im on my phone and cant see it. Oh and when can we sign up
 
Gtp: ELMARCOTUFF, psn:ELMARCTUFF, Class: super, Car: 2008 wrc subaru impreza
 
Subaru, because It's game related and I sort of found it lol
 
Changed the banner in the OP to the Subaru one. :)

Also, Marco, it says in the OP to not register just yet. The series is still in development so there is no point in registering. My name is on the drivers list because it's an example of what the list will look like with a name in. Also because I want to use the '99 Focus. :p

When should we have the rounds? I was originally thinking of having them every other week, but this year the GRC had six rounds, so that wouldn't be a long season. 2013's season has nine rounds, although it starts in April. Should we stick to nine rounds like the real GRC and spread them across nine months, or add more rounds? I don't want to do this every other week, because that means I'll be giving up every Saturday, one for the WRC and another for the GRC. Once or twice a month maybe? We also need to decide on a date where it doesn't clash with too many events... of course, clashing with an event that doesn't have a person from the GRC competing in it doesn't really matter.

As for tracks, I've decided we're definitely using the road courses. The season will probably start at Daytona, but that could change. Should we use the Motegi road course? I'm not sure about using DLC tracks if not a lot of the drivers have the Motegi DLC. Kart Space could be another track, however I'm just worried of over-crowding it. It's a perfect rallycross track, and could be a spectacular final round, but if there's too many cars on the track, that could cause a problem. Again, with Kart Space being a DLC too, this could cause a problem for non-DLC drivers.

So, here's a list of potential tracks so far;

Road Course - Indy
Road Course - Daytona
Cape Ring North
Autumn Ring
Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Nurburgring GP/D
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Rome
Circuito de Madrid
Tokyo R246
Special Stage Route 5
London
Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi (Possibly)
Kart Space (Possibly)

That's 14 tracks there, so we could have 14 rounds. If anyone else has more track ideas, feel free to suggest! We could also use some custom tracks, so if you have any ones that aren't much longer than 3 miles, suggest those too!
 
We can't use Madrid (mini, reverse) people will just get smashed into that pit wall. But the track in reverse has a 4 gear corner that is soooo much fun with a correct power-slide.

As for using aids. I'm voting for having abs on. It's a fundamental feature of modern vehicles. It's just to damn annoying having the brakes lock up at every corner. It's uncontrollable. I'm getting faster laps times and the replays are not disappointing showing a cool factor. It hasn't gone away.

Edit: I will say this again as a reminder, custom tracks will kill this idea.
Edit: Madrid Mini reverse
 
Last edited:
anonite
We can't use Madrid (normal) people will just get smashed into that pit wall. But the track in reverse has a 4 gear corner that is soooo much fun with a correct power-slide.

As for using aids. I'm voting for having abs on. It's a fundamental feature of modern vehicles. It's just to damn annoying having the brakes lock up at every corner. It's uncontrollable. I'm getting faster laps times and the replays are not disappointing showing a cool factor. It hasn't gone away.

Edit: I will say this again as a reminder, custom tracks will kill this idea.

We can only try
 
How about Chamonix? And maybe a couple created tracks?
 
When my brothers and I were kids we loved playing war with plastic army men. We had hundreds of them. We spent hours setting them up all throughout the house. We never had a single war. Many people never get around to actually finishing a proper course. Creating tracks takes work, lots of work. Which means time, lots of time. My second reason is other than the dirt and snow choices, they look extremely boring. There's just nothing to them. BUT I will always give it a shot. I know there are some talented people out there and good luck to ya.
 
This series looks promising. 👍 I might join if/when it starts. What days will the races be held? Saturdays would be good so long as it doesn't interfere with GTP NASCAR Nationwide, as I will be a part of that series when Season 3 starts.

Personally, I think that DLC tracks should be a part of the series. Though some people won't have them, they still provide enjoyable racing. But Kart Space? Blah, that track is too cramped. Yes, it does look like a great track to hold the finale at, but there would be a ton of wrecks and spins, and if we are going by the GTP rulebook, then we would end up doing a high-speed parade on that track as opposed to a race. Motegi would be fine, though.

I would really want to drive in the Dodge SRT. Too bad that I don't have one. :lol:
 
I would really want to drive in the Dodge SRT. Too bad that I don't have one. :lol:

Someone get this man a SRT! lol Just passed one up. If I see another It's yours bud.
 
I have a few dates in mind. These aren't set in stone, so we could change them. However, once the calendar has been decided, we're sticking to it. The races will be held on the day they are set for, unless something major occurs, such as a PSN outage. If I can't make it, I'm not postponing it, because that's not fair on the people who can make it. The race will still go ahead, however someone else will obviously have to take charge of the room, save the replay and check for cheaters and stuff. You're all decent people, so you can decide amongst yourselves who hosts the room.

Apart from the first and last race, the tracks are randomized. I want a rather spectacular track for the final, because it's looking like Kart Space is going to be too small. A night track would be ideal, because some night tracks have fireworks. Does SSR5 have fireworks? We could swap that to be the final round and think of another track to replace Kart Space. Of course, I still have to test Kart Space with some AI drivers, so it could still stay if there's enough space, but I doubt there will.

Round 1: Road Course - Daytona - January 12th
Round 2: Special Stage Route 5 - January 26th
Round 3: Nurburgring GP/D - February 9th
Round 4: Autumn Ring - March 9th
Round 5: Rome - March 23rd
Round 6: Suzuka Circuit East Course - April 6th
Round 7: Circuito de Madrid - May 4th
Round 8: Tokyo R264 - May 18th
Round 9: Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi - June 8th
Round 10: London - June 22nd
Round 11: Eiger Nordwand Short Track - July 13th
Round 12: Cape Ring North - August 17th
Round 13: Road Course - Indy - September 14th
Round 14: Kart Space - October 19th

I tried to space out the dates so they'd spread across the year, otherwise the season will be very short. Some months have two rounds, others have one. They're all Saturdays, however start times are still to be decided. Everyone happy with the dates? Again, these still aren't set in stone, so don't mark your calendars yet. Not that you'd have a 2013 calendar right now anyway... :p

Anonite, we'll be using the full forward version of Madrid, so I don't think we'll have the pit wall problem. Forward, you can tell where the pit wall starts. Reverse, I'm forever crashing into it :lol:.
 
I think that La Sarthe at night has fireworks. Might have to check it out, though, and the track might be too long. I know that Toscana (both dirt and road) has fireworks, but custom tracks might be a hassle, and isn't this supposed to be a road racing series?
 
I think that La Sarthe at night has fireworks. Might have to check it out, though, and the track might be too long. I know that Toscana (both dirt and road) has fireworks, but custom tracks might be a hassle, and isn't this supposed to be a road racing series?

Yeah, La Sarthe is too long unfortunately. Toscana is more of a road track though, as in, an actual road. GRC does use road tracks, but uses circuits too. Most of the GRC tracks this year were at NASCAR tracks, which is why I've used all the road courses. The 2013 season brings in more city tracks, and more countries.
 
Aww no Côte d’Azur? How about if Kart Space doesn't work?
 
Now that I think about it, Côte d’Azur could be a possibility as well. Still, it's Katie's series, not mine.
 
Well, since this is all looking very promising, I would still love to make a simpler version without a title on the line. More of an arcade style. Something anyone could run anytime of the week. For practice and fun.

Rules: 4WD, FWD, 550PP and Sports medium tires . Abs on. No damage

Tracks:
Côte d’Azur
London
Circuito de Madrid
Madrid mini Reverse
Autumn Ring
Eiger Nordwand Short Track (with or without weather)
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Chamonix East
Chamonix Mini
Toscana
 
I'm surprised that Trial Mountain and Deep Forest aren't in the list. They'd make great rallycross tracks.

Just like Eiger, especially if you wack some rain on, powersliding those hairpins would be a blast. :drool:
 
Tracks:
Côte d’Azur
London
Circuito de Madrid
Madrid mini Reverse
Autumn Ring
Eiger Nordwand Short Track (with or without weather)
Eiger Nordwand W Trail
Chamonix East
Chamonix Mini
Toscana

I like this track list a lot more. How can we not have some off-road courses in a rally cross series? Sorry Katie. :)
 
I'm surprised that Trial Mountain and Deep Forest aren't in the list. They'd make great rallycross tracks.
It's just .5 to long. I love those tracks but I kept losing the ai after 3 laps.
Edit: Tested Deep Forest again and I think it's because of the space between turns, their angles, and how far away they are from the straight.

Here's a gymkahana tune jimy281090 came up with. I'm enjoying it.
Settings:
Differential: Front-17 Rear-83
Gearbox: Tuned to 149
Suspension
Camber:Front-0.8 Rear-6.1
Ride Height: Front-44 Rear-42
Spring Rate: Front-11.5 Rear-10.4
Damper Extension:Front-2 Rear-2
Damper Compression: Front-8 Rear-9
Anti Roll Bar:Front-6 Rear-6

Brake Bias: Front-0 Rear-10
 
Last edited:
Aww no Côte d’Azur? How about if Kart Space doesn't work?

Now that I think about it, Côte d’Azur could be a possibility as well. Still, it's Katie's series, not mine.

Of course! How could I forget Monaco?! :lol: It was late when I decided the tracks... >.>;

I'm surprised that Trial Mountain and Deep Forest aren't in the list. They'd make great rallycross tracks.

Just like Eiger, especially if you wack some rain on, powersliding those hairpins would be a blast. :drool:

Hmm... I suppose we could include them. They aren't as long as I thought they were, actually.

I like this track list a lot more. How can we not have some off-road courses in a rally cross series? Sorry Katie. :)

I forgot to check the dirt and snow tracks! Yes, we definitely need more dirt and snow.

I'm re-thinking the track list now. Should we replace the current ones or add more? So far I have replaced Nurburgring GP/D with Eiger Nordwand W Trail, Rome with Côte d’Azur, and Kart Space with Toscana. I still need to fit in Chamonix, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. We could add 3 more rounds and take the season up to November. Does that sound alright?
 
I forgot to check the dirt and snow tracks! Yes, we definitely need more dirt and snow.

I'm re-thinking the track list now. Should we replace the current ones or add more? So far I have replaced Nurburgring GP/D with Eiger Nordwand W Trail, Rome with Côte d’Azur, and Kart Space with Toscana. I still need to fit in Chamonix, Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. We could add 3 more rounds and take the season up to November. Does that sound alright?

Sounds good to me. 👍
 
Sounds great. Btw, My track list is for a simpler approach. Arcade style.
 
Sounds great. Btw, My track list is for a simpler approach. Arcade style.

Feel free to create your own arcade style GRC in the 'Clubs & Leagues' section where it's just an event that happens during the week. :D

Okay, here's the new track list:

  • Road Course - Daytona - January 12th
  • Special Stage Route 5 - January 26th
  • Eiger Nordwand W Trail - February 9th
  • Autumn Ring - March 9th
  • Côte d’Azur - March 23rd
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course - April 6th
  • Circuito de Madrid - May 4th
  • Tokyo R264 - May 18th
  • Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi - June 8th
  • London - June 22nd
  • Eiger Nordwand Short Track - July 13th
  • Cape Ring North - August 17th
  • Road Course - Indy - September 14th
  • Chamonix East - October 5th
  • Trial Mountain Circuit - October 19th
  • Deep Forest Raceway - November 2nd
  • Toscana - November 16th
 
Feel free to create your own arcade style GRC in the 'Clubs & Leagues' section where it's just an event that happens during the week.

Will Do.
 
Okay, here's the new track list:

May I ask why we'd be using Daytona, SSR5, Motegi, and Indy? For some reason I find those questionable. :indiff:
 
Back