GTP Global Rallycross Championship - OFFICIAL THREAD OPEN, SIGN UP NOW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katiegan
  • 81 comments
  • 4,849 views
Katiegan
Feel free to create your own arcade style GRC in the 'Clubs & Leagues' section where it's just an event that happens during the week. :D

Okay, here's the new track list:


[*]Road Course - Daytona - January 12th
[*]Special Stage Route 5 - January 26th
[*]Eiger Nordwand W Trail - February 9th
[*]Autumn Ring - March 9th
[*]Côte d’Azur - March 23rd
[*]Suzuka Circuit East Course - April 6th
[*]Circuito de Madrid - May 4th
[*]Tokyo R264 - May 18th
[*]Road Course - Twin Ring Motegi - June 8th
[*]London - June 22nd
[*]Eiger Nordwand Short Track - July 13th
[*]Cape Ring North - August 17th
[*]Road Course - Indy - September 14th
[*]Chamonix East - October 5th
[*]Trial Mountain Circuit - October 19th
[*]Deep Forest Raceway - November 2nd
[*]Toscana - November 16th

The GRC never had this many races
 
May I ask why we'd be using Daytona, SSR5, Motegi, and Indy? For some reason I find those questionable. :indiff:

Already been said;
Most of the GRC tracks this year were at NASCAR tracks, which is why I've used all the road courses. The 2013 season brings in more city tracks, and more countries.

The GRC never had this many races

I know. But it has already been discussed that more rounds would be suitable.

This is why you should all keep up on the posts in the thread. ;)
 
I do keep up
 
I do keep up

If you did, you wouldn't need to ask me that question.
When should we have the rounds? I was originally thinking of having them every other week, but this year the GRC had six rounds, so that wouldn't be a long season. 2013's season has nine rounds, although it starts in April. Should we stick to nine rounds like the real GRC and spread them across nine months, or add more rounds? I don't want to do this every other week, because that means I'll be giving up every Saturday, one for the WRC and another for the GRC. Once or twice a month maybe?
 
I keep up as well... just have a very forgetful memory and thought that it wasn't mentioned at all so I didn't bother checking. My bad.
 
Katiegan
If you did, you wouldn't need to ask me that question.

Twasnt a question
 
Twasnt a question

Fine... :sly:
If you did, you wouldn't need to ask me that question say that.

What does everyone think of the dates then? I'm hoping to get the official thread up ASAP to allow for time to get as much entrants as possible. Just making some final tweaks to the OP now.
 
Works well for me. Saturdays are always open at any time. The 2 week intervals is also a nice touch, I like that.
 
Added a 'Sanctioning' section to the OP.

Sanctioning
The GRC will use the '3 Strikes' system to sanction unruly drivers. Strikes can be given for a number of reasons, such as an invalid reason for missing an event, inappropriate behaviour or illegal driving manouvers.
1 Strike: 5 Point Deduction - You will lose five points in the championship.
2 Strikes: Grid Penalty - You will start the next race at the back of the grid.
3 Strikes: Disqualification from the championship. You will be stripped of all achievements and kicked out of the championship for the rest of the season.
Drivers with strikes will have the number next to their name in the drivers list. For example, for one strike;
Username / username01 (1)
​
 
Nice touch.
 
Which Toscana is it? Tarmac or dirt? Hopefully dirt.
This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Will we be able to use modified Ford RS200's at all? If not what about modified WRC cars?
 
Which Toscana is it? Tarmac or dirt? Hopefully dirt.
This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. Will we be able to use modified Ford RS200's at all? If not what about modified WRC cars?

Yes, we'll be using the dirt Toscana.

Hmm... with the current regulations, no, but the Limited class regulations are rather vaugue at the moment. The Super class cars are allowed modification up to 560pp. It's all in the OP.
 
Okay. Just one other thing worth mentioning. There are a limited amount of cars from my recollection that are hatchbacks with 4WD. Off the top of my head we have the impreza '07 and the VW Golf. Would it not be better to ban 4WD for the limited class? Not sure if anyone had given it any thought so I just thought I'd mention it now. Otherwise we might just end up seeing a two make class. Maybe consider making it a RWD class?
 
Okay. Just one other thing worth mentioning. There are a limited amount of cars from my recollection that are hatchbacks with 4WD. Off the top of my head we have the impreza '07 and the VW Golf. Would it not be better to ban 4WD for the limited class? Not sure if anyone had given it any thought so I just thought I'd mention it now. Otherwise we might just end up seeing a two make class. Maybe consider making it a RWD class?

Limited class is not 4WD only. It is simply a class for hatchbacks with 500pp or less. However, I may change it so it's for hatchbacks and coupés, so we can include cars like the RS200. :)
 
I understand that but the 4WD cars would have an advantage over the 2WD cars. That's why I was a little concerned. However, if you are going to open it up to coupes as well then not a problem. I have just the motor for the job :)
 
I understand that but the 4WD cars would have an advantage over the 2WD cars. That's why I was a little concerned. However, if you are going to open it up to coupes as well then not a problem. I have just the motor for the job :)

I see your point... but I suppose that could make the class more interesting. See who can master their car, perhaps one person in a little FWD can beat all the 4WDers? You never know. ;)

Official thread is almost ready for launch! Going to add coupés to the Limited regulations now.
 
RS200 hell to the YES!
 
RS200 hell to the YES!

:lol:

Hopefully not everyone will enter an RS200 for the Limited class... otherwise I'll have to change it to the RS200 class. :p

Official thread should be up tomorrow, hopefully!
 
well... I'm entering in the RS200 the only car worth having, :lol: if that get's banned and your allowing coupe's perhaps one could use the Stratos?
 
The official thread is now open! Click here to sign up now!
 
Back