GTP GT2 Championship Weekly Series

• Thread starter Fogelhund
  • 166 comments
NOO!!!!! im gonna have lots of homework tomorrow. i have this blocke schedule where we do 3 classes a day for 1 1/2 hour classes instead of like 30 min 6 classes. my classes tomorow are art geometery and history(8th grade geo hoot hoot)

TMM
I'm just starting my GT2 career but I'm up for it.

ok sounds good, if you want since your just starting we can put a money limit on the cars for the first rounds. il leave that up to you, depending on how much money you have

Korndawg
ok sounds good, if you want since your just starting we can put a money limit on the cars for the first rounds. il leave that up to you, depending on how much money you have

Money won't be a problem, I'm starting a GT2 racing career as I have done in GT so this I will keep seperate. We could even include some Hybrid's to spice things up if we find that we are getting close times.

i would but i cant make hybrids since i dont use a gameshark or watever it is called. if you want to make this easier we can use the rules/races from the original series (check page 1) plus we need more people

Korndawg
i would but i cant make hybrids since i dont use a gameshark or watever it is called. if you want to make this easier we can use the rules/races from the original series (check page 1) plus we need more people

Right read the rules, seems OK but I'm not sure about getting any more people involved. Nobody else seems to be interested.

Come-on, prove me wrong and sign on the dotted line....

Korndawg
yeah people lets go! lol.. i guess we can start up and maybe some more will join if they think were good enough compettiton..

Yeah lets go and see if we can set a benchmark for others to beat.

right, ok here it is

Race 1

Supercars at Tahiti

Eligible cars - Toyota GT ONE, Nissan R390, TVR Speed 12, TVR Cerberra LM. Only race models are allowed.

Format - Single Time Trial Mode, submit your fastest lap, with no wall touches.
Submission format - Name, Car Used, Fastest Lap, Top Speed, Sector 1, Sector 2, Sector 3, Sector 4 times.

Due date, Tuesday May 24th, noon Pacific Standard Time (west coast :crazy: )

Korndawg
right, ok here it is

Race 1

Supercars at Tahiti

Eligible cars - Toyota GT ONE, Nissan R390, TVR Speed 12, TVR Cerberra LM. Only race models are allowed.

Format - Single Time Trial Mode, submit your fastest lap, with no wall touches.
Submission format - Name, Car Used, Fastest Lap, Top Speed, Sector 1, Sector 2, Sector 3, Sector 4 times.

Due date, Tuesday May 24th, noon Pacific Standard Time (west coast :crazy: )

Whooaa, you might have to give me more time than that in the future. My racing time is limited and I'm going to have to get some practice first. I will try and hit the ready date but I might post Tuesday lunchtime, GMT.

I'm torn between the TVR's although I suspect the GT-One is going to be the fastest. If I pick a car do I have to stick with that car or can I try different models?

Iwon't be able to post tomorrow but I should be able to pickup the reply on Friday.

Korndawg
ok then we can make the time longer than a week, whats good for you? i havnt had much free time either so i cant play alot :grumpy:
well i do play alot, but not alot at one time. i play for like 30 minutes at a time a few times a day..

I'm not sure on time scale, we don't want it going on indefinatly. How about a 2 week roll around. That should give me time to setup the car and do some laps and make any adjustments needed. I have some questions,

Are we allowed to try just 1 car or can we try all of them and pick the best lap?

On Tahiti Road, whats counted as race track? Does the brown edge count, the green edge? Does the pit lane entrance and exit count? Or am I only allowed 2 wheels over them?

as far as the cars, use any and or all of them if you want, just post the times for the one your fastest with. and the track, i guess it doesnt matter as long as you dont ride the walls, driving in the grass/dirt usualy slows you down anyways.

Korndawg
as far as the cars, use any and or all of them if you want, just post the times for the one your fastest with. and the track, i guess it doesnt matter as long as you dont ride the walls, driving in the grass/dirt usualy slows you down anyways.

OK. Well I haven't been able to practice at all over the weekend and at the mo I can't get the car cause it's on a mem card that isn't registering with my PS2 at the mo. I have raced the course about 12 to 15 laps in a Skyline and an RX7 just to get a feel of it. I hopefully will be doing some laps tonight, when are we suposed to be posting the final result, is it next Tuesday @ 12:00 GMT?

yeah i havnt had a chance to run any laps either, but il try to get some on here in the next few days. yeah next tuesday is cool with me

Finally managed to get some laps done. I was pleasently surprised my the lap times but I will check with earlier posts in this thread to see if I am close to the money or if I need to crank it up. I was also surprised how close the lap times were between the Cerberra and the GT-One, well in my hands anyway.

Aplogies for the late post, it was a bank holiday yesterday in UK so I couldn't get on GTP. Well I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked racing this course and I only managed to drive 2 of the cars, Cerberra LM and GT-One because I had them.

I was fastest in the GT-One, no surprise, but not by a lot. I could have gone faster as I have at different times in each of the sectors but I just couldn't put it all together in 1 lap.

Here are my results: -

Car choosen Sector 1 Sector 2 Sector 3 Sector 4 Total time Max speed
GT-One 0:12.110 0:13.167 0:14.701 0:16.287 0:56.265 302.41 Km/H

So Korndawg, post your times

ok heres my time, i only tried the gt-one and speed 12, but was faster in the speed 12, quite a surprise to me.

lap time - 0:54.429
sector 1 - 0:12.113
sector 2 - 0:16.043
sector 3 - 0:16.366

but i did clip the wall some on the last corner and you get the win since i was a few days late

Korndawg
ok heres my time, i only tried the gt-one and speed 12, but was faster in the speed 12, quite a surprise to me.

lap time - 0:54.429
sector 1 - 0:12.113
sector 2 - 0:16.043
sector 3 - 0:16.366

but i did clip the wall some on the last corner and you get the win since i was a few days late

Have we been doing different races? You only list 3 sectors but in my Arcade Time Trial there were 4 sectors for the course!!!!

Well thanks for being honest and giving me the win by default, but it does look like I need to get better results, only 2 seconds in it though so it's not like I'm way behind.

So whats the next race and whn are we posting the results? I might have a problem with the next race listed earlier in this thread as I haven't unlocked any of the Arcade courses.

oops i guess i forgot to put the last sector in there.. but anyways.. are we just gonna go with the same 2 week time limit? ill get started on the next race now, ive been gone the last few days and i dont know what car i want to drive. seems like the toyota would be best but i have a 'thing' for those old british cars heh

and if im understanding the scoring system right, heres the score after race 1

TMM - 10 points
Korndawg - 1 point

lol.. thats pretty sad :dopey:

Back