GTP GT2 Championship

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 233 comments
Dang, I already had a sub minute time with the S2000 GT1 LM which is a sweet car.

I gather deadline has passed?

Setting used on the Cusco.

Checked on the settings this morning.

2.0 2.0
85 85
8 9
8 9
0.0 0.0
-0.05 0.00
7 7

AS 8

.62 .95

1/6/6

The first fast left hand sweeper in Sector 2, take it flat out, don't lift, don't brake, just turn in at the "1" braking sign and see what happens.

Actually it hasnt, but it is only oxigen to left to submit.

I am toying with simply posting times for this round and not awarding points as one of the competitors (Fogel :devil : ) rather brilliantly found the about loophole in the physics engine. For those who didnt know about it - me included - it sort of skews the results. It works out well, as competitors are closely bunched points wise as it is.

So oxigen, submit your time asap for the Cusco/Rx7, and I can then set a date for the next time submissions 👍

Thanks for the offer, but I realise you much have little spare time with a new bundle of joy newly arrived. ;)

It's not a problem, really. Concentrate on the S2000, and I'll post the times before Friday for this round :)

Righty. Oxigen has submitted a time, so ROUND 5 will be up tomorrow for viewing :)

I am going to make the date for FINAL 1 time submissions the 14 June. I will post FINAL 2's cars early next week 👍

I've submitted a time with normal settings. I only ran three laps, but the third was pretty good, so there it is. The points thing is up to you.

The Cusco was quicker. The time Mike posted for me was with more normal settings then I posted earlier in this thread.

Those settings I'd posted yielded a 1:09.7xx I think. I referenced my archives and used the settings I'd run for the legendary Red Sled, the venerable R30 Silhouette Foumula in a spot race around 2001 at the GTF. The R30 with those settings was good for a 1:06, and if you look at the raceline archives, you'll see that time as being in the top 10 for FR cars. (Including against the TVR's) Those basic settings that yield "Freaky Physics" were well known by 2000 at GTF, though perhaps forgotten since then.

Anyway, we'll all be in the same car (which isn't helped by freaky physics) at Midfield, which is a great track. Midfield Reverse is even better, and one of my top three tracks in the game, a real challenge to do a great lap at.

Well Oxigen, congrats on leading the points through the preliminaries, and now its time for the final round, and getting down to serious business.

what are these freaky physics that I should know about? I just jumped in the amemiya, set up the shocks a bit and drive it as fasy as i could :/

These freaky physics settings are on Page 8 of this thread. Get the Cusco, run those settings, follow directions and give it a whirl.

They didn't work on the Amemiya RX7.

Originally posted by oxigen_gsr
you think the cusco was quicker? i could hardly pick the diff

In a straight race, the Cusco is definitely quicker. To my disappointment. I was holding thumbs for the Amemiya from the start :grumpy:

Anyway, we'll all be in the same car (which isn't helped by freaky physics) at Midfield, which is a great track. Midfield Reverse is even better, and one of my top three tracks in the game, a real challenge to do a great lap at.

Thanks for the tip
devil.gif
. How did you know we were gonna be at the 'Field of Dreams for Final 2 :confused:

When is this series over and when will the next one begin.

I didn't think anyone bothered comparing times or competing with GT2 anymore...

It's nice to know there are those that still appreciate GT2.

It's hard to beat the wide variety of cars to chose from...

Hey socal. There are three rounds remaining in this series. You are free to sumbit times in accordance with the rules set out in post #1, however points wont be awarded to you 👍

Welcome to the series GT2, and I hope you have as much fun as we are.

The times are due June 14th correct? 2AM GMT?

I've run a "few" laps so far, and can see where my limit is. Currently I am a little less then 5/10ths off of it, and hope to get that down by two or three tenths.

Interestingly, I ran five laps in a row, which included my fastest lap, all within 2/10ths, and three laps within 5/100ths of a second.

Hey, Mike. Whenever the next round comes around. Can you throw me a PM, i'll be sure to come in and see what times I can get in.

Back