GTP GTA Group Online Game [13/02/09 - 2100GMT]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments
For me, the difficulties of their serve took away my wanting to play on-line, I am busy too, which never helps. Give it a week and a half and I should be more free. Definitely want to do more, need some help with GTA races. :)

Bad news and good news....

Bad news-- my 11 year old 36" standard TV died the other day.....

Good news... Just ordered a new 58" 1080P Plasma-- should be here next week sometime

Good news-- according to package tracking, my PS3 is about 120 miles away-- should be here tomorrow.

I should be on about 8 or 9 pm GMT tomorrow... if anyone has something they want to work on, let me know....for the AWP trophy, I have a bunch of the NON-ROAD races (race and GTA race) left to do...

//EDIT//

got it back-- but found when I restored the back up my HDD, it didn't backup my saves.... so... I get to play through IV again if I want to get the rest of the single player trophies-- my "main save" was at about 85%.... I didn't get alot of time to play yesterday... a single death match was all I had a chance to do.

My new TV doesn't come til Tuesday morning... :(

Last edited:
Hey sup guys. We should all play a game of Team Mafiya Work sometime. It's pretty fun. Can't wait to play a game and team up with you Spuds!

EDIT: PSN is MCDrank and my other account is Huang_Lee

Last edited:
If I ever get a chance to play-- it's kind of spotty at times... seems like most of the time I'm on its for helping people get the "fly the co-op" trophy... not that I don't like doing those missions...

I am bummed-- got a 5:55 in deal breaker 3 days ago doing a 2 player run and the time isn't showing up yet (best is still a 6:21).... I did have a time take 3 weeks to show up one time, but won't be holding my breath.

The funny thing about BDB II, my best time is still 4:14 from the first time I beat the target time back with Famine 3 or 4 months ago--- I've beat the time alot since then but my best since then is a 4:15... have had lots in the 4:20 to 4:40 range.

I haven't played alot of mafiya work although I do enjoy it alot (lots of variation in that mode)-- best settings for that is blips set to off or at least far-- auto aim off too to level the playing field since you spend most of your time in vehicles in that mode.... someone with auto aim on out of a car makes quick work of you-- I'm still pretty dependent upon auto aim in Death matches-- some of the good manual aimers own me...

Yeah I've played Team Mafiya Work with blips set to team and it's awesome! I play pretty well with auto aim off as well. :)

I must say that Mafiya Work and Team Mafiya Work are my favorites.

Me too... as much as possible-- you normally won't see me on earlier then 1 am GMT though-- I will be on earlier next week probably--

I'm still trying to finish up trophies-- I need about $600,000 more for Rank 10 (wanted trophy)-- still need to finish AWP races (about 1/2 done-- need to find my checklist)

And still have a few single player trophies to finish up... races, 100%, pigeons, jumps, etc...

I still regularly help people get the "fly the co-op" trophy--- I've helped close to 100 people now I'm betting... if you need this let me know... helps if you have a mic-- if not it might take a few runs for each... it also depends on if I can nail that top landing on BDB-- I've sucessfully done it well over 100 times but still mess it up.

I have a group of about 4 or 5 people on my friends list that are good and will help me help you-- you just have to be on when me and they are on and are free to help. If anyone needs the co-op trophy... send me an add friend request-- be sure to put in "fly the co-op" in the body of the message so I know why you added me...

My best times--

Noose-- 2:03
BDB II-- 4:00.24 (Barely missed breaking 4 minutes the other day)
Dealbreaker-- 5:55 (this time did not record in my stats.. best in my stats is 6:06 (approximately)

Target times are
Noose- 2:32
BDB- 5:34
DB- 7:03

If you want to play for fun (not trophy)-- I've been playing alot of Mafiya work lately-- this is an underated game mode IMO-- and really helps you learn your way around the islands-- try not using your GPS... combines deathmatch, with driving skills, navigating, car jacking, and other misc tasks--- team mode is fun too

Me, Turb, and everyone else I know pretty much stick with Free Mode, cruising around, destroying stuff for no reason or police patrols which get pretty epic sometimes.

i start started playing GTA4 online and my tag is GTP_Chris1 99% of the time i'm in GTA Races, so much fun they are, or free mode...

Chris

I've founded this thread while looking for serious GTA IV players. I'm just tired of joining into matches where people bomb their own cars and so on with their granades.

At the moment I'm just using the online mode of the game since I've finished the offline things. I'm not a professional at all, I just want to play with people interested on playing and not bothering in matches (I can't count how many times I've seen matches ruined because of childish behaviours, unfortunately). I'll have more time even after the end of July to be focused on this.

I really have not spent much time on this game so my skills are nothing great. At the moment I'm only at the 75% of the trophies, the ones that left are the Level 10 one, Fly The Co-Op and the Petrovic general one. For Fly The Co-Op I've done Dealbreaker and NOOSE below the time limit, but I haven't tried Bomb The Base II. I do have headset, but my english speaking is not so good as the one writting, simply because the lack of use =]

Last edited:
Feel free to add me-- for Bomb da base II it usually isn't too hard for the person we are helping...

How we do it...

I drive the car and the heli

The person I have help the most is Deejay.... He will be the one that gets out of the car after the van stops and drive it back-- you stay in the car and just shoot the bad guys...if deejay dies then you get out and drive the van back--- just follow me-- I take a simple route back with less turns and is faster although a bit farther...

Do not shoot at the cops if at all possible-- you can if they surround us near the van or something, but ignore them on the way back to the yellow marker.

Do not get out of the car-- I driving the car will normally drive back to the yellow marker-- but drive past it and get the health near the water-- if the car drives through a health it healths up everyone in the car-- then back up-- if you get out you just delay us... I save the ez to get health for the van driver--- if he doesn't need it then I drive through it as I drive in

After the cutscene-- get in the heli-- I will fly us there.... I crashland up top--- if I bounce off I will circle around and land on the other side.... DO NOT JUMP OUT til I land... you and deejay will take out the bridge guys and set the upper bomb-- while you do that I will be jumping down to the main deck and be glitching in to the hold to set the lower bomb-- as soon as I get in I'll tell everyone in the game to get off the ship... jump off right away-- you can jump in the water-- I will set the lower bomb, kill myself with a grenade and then spawn outside and jump off if I spawn on the ship-- about 20% of the time you will spawn on the pier and it will immediately end the missioin...

This is the strategy I worked out with Famine last winter and have not found a faster way... although the crashlanding is the tough part and if you screw it up, it can mess up the mission...

Here is a couple of vid clips of how I do it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV2lYP7l0i0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHePM8dUx8

I started to play GTA IV online but for the trophies (don't get me wrong I think this game is super fun and super funny online - really, all messages you can say to a guy after taking him down,some random events like pedestrians cars exploding,animation etc) and I would like to ask - is it truth that to get oviderzein petrovic trophy I must do BDB2 and other stuff with people NOT from my friend list ?
Second question is - anyone here would like to help me get all these modes done in proper time ?
I have 1day ;) of training in BDB2,DealBreaker and Noose haven't try the cops and crops yet.

One last question - I have killed 5 people from opposing team but did not get the trophy - does it have to be 5 different people not for example the same guy 3 times and 2 other players ? Or is it the game settings ? I mean should that be 2 teams only game not for example 3 or 5 teams ?

Last edited:
I started to play GTA IV online but for the trophies (don't get me wrong I think this game is super fun and super funny online - really, all messages you can say to a guy after taking him down,some random events like pedestrians cars exploding,animation etc) and I would like to ask - is it truth that to get oviderzein petrovic trophy I must do BDB2 and other stuff with people NOT from my friend list ?
Second question is - anyone here would like to help me get all these modes done in proper time ?
I have 1day ;) of training in BDB2,DealBreaker and Noose haven't try the cops and crops yet.

One last question - I have killed 5 people from opposing team but did not get the trophy - does it have to be 5 different people not for example the same guy 3 times and 2 other players ? Or is it the game settings ? I mean should that be 2 teams only game not for example 3 or 5 teams ?

You can get trophies with people on your friends list on PS3-- private matches to count-- on xbox they do NOT count-

I can help you get fly the co-op and some others-- AWP takes forever (I'm not even close to finishing that one)--

For the kill thing-- should not matter how the kills are obtained.

OK, thank you in advance :)

I already finished NOOSe and Bomb da Base 2 in time only Dealbreaker lasts.
Could I add you on my PSN ? so that you could be in one team with one of my PSN friends and I would be in team with yet another person from my list and that way we could do all team modes - we would be winning in turns - I know thats cheating ;) but that is only for the trophy :)

I also have won all normal races and Cops and croks all 4 combinations.
GTA races, gunball races, boats and all other team modes still to win.

You know there are at total of 108 races between Race and GTA race(free, heli, boat, cannonball, road)-- at an average of 2 1/2 minutes each for once person that would take 4 hours---

I'll help you get deal breaker if you want-- I don't want to trade wins or anything.... I can maybe let you win about 10 or 15 races at a time if I'm free (which isn't alot).

If you add me-- please put a short message about working on co-op and AWP trophy... I get alot of random add requests that I just ignore.

Is it still necessary to do all the online games in one session ?

I did Fly the Coop trophy in separated sessions and I have won the trophy but when I did Games for Take it for the team in separated sessions I did not win the trophy...
I have at least one win in every online team modes but still no trophy - I am not 100% sure if I won cops and crops on both sides in both modes though ...

All the matches must have been after the middle of december-- for them to count in multiple sessions

did you win as both sides in cops n crooks?? You have to win in both halves in ONE GAME for that trophy.

I just got my Rank 10 and my "wanted" trophy-- only Multiplayer trophy left is AWP. I do have 4 or 5 single player trophies left.

I just got Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic trophy ! :)

I can now 100% confirm that IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET AWP TROPHY IN SEPARATED SESSIONS - but under some "circumstances" ;)

Races - I have won all races playing with the same friend, he was always a host but we did it in like 2 weeks, few sessions few hours each separated by few days of not playing - servers probably had time to synchronise ...(or maybe we even played always on the same server but I do not know if it is possible), also GTA races where last thing I did for the trophy.

Fly the Coop - the same situation - The same friend, the same host, few sessions separated by few days of not playing BUT MY FRIEND DID NOT GET FTC trophy... (contrary to me he was playing online alot in 2008)

Take it for the team - I did that trophy with random people BUT - when I did it in separated sessions I did not get the trophy so one day I sat and did all team games in one session (quit online twice by accident), I was always a host and I did get the trophy ( Cops and Crooks was the hardest to get due to winning as a cop and crook in the same round requirement) also I had to win Turf War again to get the trophy

I bought the game on Euro release day but almost did not play it until March 2009, I only played one free play game in online mode before July 2009 (right after release), I probably did not get lvl up during that one session.

As for circumstances - that is all I remember - good luck to all who is still trying, maybe my post can help you someway.

From now on I NOOS all the time if there is somebody who is NOOSing too - please contact me.

This post is a crosspost of my own post from other forum (not GTP) but I hope you don't mind.

Haven't checked this thread in a while--

I finally got AWP and the Take a Liberty (Platinum) trophy-- about a week ago... It ended up I had to go through the race list twice to finally get it--not sure why-- I may have had one or more of the races not register or I wrote down GTA race for one when it was actually a Race mode win...

The final race I did was the last race on my redo list-- it was Terminal Velocity-- according to my checklist I recorded a win on it back on March 13th originally-- it could of been what was holding me up on my original list and it was just dumb luck that I did 107 other races before doing that one that I was missing.... It took me about a week to redo the race list with randoms-- luckily I've done enough of them lately that I was pretty much winning every race I hosted.... I'm real good at the free/cannonball races now... and most road races I win if I set it for bikes-- for all but the long straigh races I can win on a zombie with their better handling.

I did all the races with randoms other then 4 of the boat races (a friend rolled on the GTA races in boats for me both times)-- so I do feel I earned this trophy.

I'm still helping people with Fly the co-op-- if anyone needs it, just add me and put the reason in the add request.... you can use either of my IDs now...

Spuds725 or GTAF_Spuds725

I haven't got the trophies for the three missions in online mode as everytime i've played them the other two players decide to just start shooting me/each other and/or run away.

Hey, anyone wanna do an organized GTP's online game? Still got 2 weeks 'till GTA5, plenty of time to have fun on IV. Maybe we even could do custom game modes like Busted or Mowtown or whatever, if you know what I mean. If anyone is down for that we'll decide a time when we do it and then have fun :)

Hey guys me and a few other GTP crew members are in a closed crew session at the moment, so try and join it and tag along for some cruises etc.

Latest Posts

Back