GTP GTA Group Online Game [13/02/09 - 2100GMT]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments
I believe I've found the issue with regards to missing points and stats...

Sureshot & rpgcyco... You don't happen to have Social Club accounts, by any chance?

I think I'll answer your question with a question :D

What's a social club account?

This a type of PSN account?

Hmm. Scratch that theory then...

The Social Club is part of the Rockstar site, which essentially tracks your stats for you. But you have to associate a PSN with your social club account. I noticed earlier today that I was permanently logged into it. As soon as I logged out, my level returned and I was able to take race wins and have them count again...

I have a Social Club account and have linked my PSN account to it (but not my XBL account). I've been checking it religiously every 4 hours or so, to see if they've updated. I'll logout and see if anything happens, it's worth a shot.

Nothing I did while logged in counted - and I was logged in for 4 days solid. As soon as I logged out... money, race wins, everything. But nothing retroactive.

That sucks, because it'd mean I'd have to do those co-op missiosn yet again! Although in saying that, I was logged into the Social Club last Saturday and everything was updating fine...

I have it set so it doesn't log me out-- and just checked...still logged on.... my money did go up in from my last session (just got off the PS3) on the social club site-- was at $1.838 million on the PS3 when I started, is now at $1.852 million on the social club site.

I haven't paid attention to any races or what not... I don't think that would do it. You really aren't "logged" in unless you leave your PC running with that window open... your browser is just retaining your login info (cookies)-- I'm relatively certain anyway.

@ Rpgcyco-- Once again, I wouldn't worry about your Co-op trophy-- unless dealbreaker doesn't get it for you... I'm available in a few hours if anyone wants to give it a go... about 3 am GMT

Last edited:
I've got a very impressive list of exact race participation and wins - which I'm plotting for AWP. :D So I notice if anything doesn't get added :lol:

Maybe it will affect me as the people I recorded the time with were affected?

Doesn't really matter though, those 3 times are not out of our reach.

To perhaps put your mind at ease-- a PM exchange with Druton at GTAforums..

I was wondering I you would like to help me once with deal breaker. rjj22783 has metal gear solid 4 and doesn't play GTA at the moment. If you don't want to help me, just say so and I'll search for a new partner.

Glad you got it so quick?? Sorry on that first run, I tried to get in the heli and jumped over the rail instead-- it clearly cost us the time... glad we got it on the 2nd run.

Can you confirm you got the trophy "pop up" I know you got the time-- just wondering since I know some people that are worried about this-- we got BDB II for them on Fri & Sat (2 times), but the stats have not updated so they are wondering if this will keep them... I brought up your trophies, and it did not show it (right after our session).... we are moving on to dealbreaker for them too.

Thanks...

Yep the trophy popped up right after we got the time. I've completed BDBII 2 weeks ago.

After I got this trophy, I played the last few races I needed for the AWP trophy and also got this one. I've been working on that one for over a month with a checklist.

I think it doens't matter if it saves in the leaderboards. I think the times will be saved in the trophy system, and they have nothing to worry about.

I just sent sureshot a PSN PM-- but as a back up... is 10 PM GMT thursday for our deal breaker session ok??

If we can get famine to do one run with us to show you the route the lets do that, otherwise I will drive the route the first run to show you-- (at least how I do it)-- then I'll fly afterwards...

On subsequent runs, you grab the car outside, I'll be grabbing the one in the garage to drive to the heli parked spot.

If you end up shooting at the boat with the AK-47, try to take out the driver so the boat will stop-- if you can find the rocket launcher use that instead, you get to keep it if you die after you find it....

I'll be flying to pick you up on the quay...

if we get the land spawn for the bikers, just head up to the roof and get in the heli, it will be parked in the SE corner-- if we clear the building fast enough, we will still have a shot at the time if we get the land spawn.

Might be late for a reply but...on subsequent runs where do I go with the car? To the Heli with you? Having watched the video it would be quicker for me to go with you in the Heli, surely?

The car is marginally quicker to the meet and results in more enemies spawning lower down - so you can clear the structure quicker.

Essentially you need 2 players - 1 drives to a heli and flies there, the other drives the Cognoscenti straight there. I'll show you the route - it's quite easy really and if you're any good at the Exhaust Fumes track you should be just fine.

What he said... you will arrive about 20-30 seconds before me if you can drive it pretty well, and IMO it makes more guys spawn on the lower levels, and these are easier to kill so IMO it makes the mission overall easier.

You should be 1/2 way there before I get the heli off the ground.

Since you haven't done this mission much, it will probably take you a few runs to get into the swing of it... I usually go around the north side on the ground , head up the SW stairs to the 2nd floor, sweep that floor, go up the NE stairs to the 3rd floor.... by the time you get there, I should have worked my way down from the roof to the 3rd or 4th level.

Took me a few goes but I know better the plans now. Was reset to rank 0 again...

I think our best time was about 9 minutes. I lol'ed when me and Famine were driving to the factory and I rolled it on the highway and the car was on its roof! As said, boat spawn was easier.

You will get it... this one does take some practice (there is not alot of variation of where the bad guys spawn) and then some luck (for boat spawn)-- to have a shot at the time we need to be having the building cleared at about the 5 minute mark. On a few of those runs, I was having difficulty telling who/what was above and below me for getting the last kill/card.

For our runs, you should not have to go above the 3rd floor (but I'm not sure the rocket launcher spawns on the 3rd floor, I thought it was on the 4th)-- so just try and clear everything below that-- if I die I will respawn on the bottom, or 2nd floor and will try and make my way up to the 4th floor right away (killing anyone who gets in my way)-- one little hickup we will get is someone spawning on that elevated platform to the S. of the building... no biggie to kill him but sometimes he drops a card and it costs precious time to collect that one.

Once again, if we don't get the boat spawn, head up to the roof as fast as possible-- it is usually faster to cut them off in the heli (not always).

Does anyone know if we do 4 player, do we get 3 sets of bikers or 2?? If 2, we could maybe get this with 4 player, 2 heli drivers, and 2 people drive there... We could get a 2nd heli if the one N. of the start point will respawn or alternately, 2 people fly to the Booth tunnel helipad and drop off one player there to grab that one-- the advantage of this would be we could clear the building faster and have 2 helis available for the return trip.... I know where to cut off where 2 of the bikers groups spawn (land in front of them)-- I believe there are 4 possible land spawn points.

If we had a group of 4 doing it (2 heli, 2 car) then the two teams could work from opposite sides of the building.

Eg. Spuds and I go in Heli, he works his way down the stairs on the right, me the stairs on the left. I am right in thinking there are two sets of stairs, aren't I?

yep, 1 set east side, other SW.

Let me know when you want to give it another go-- I can go earlier if you want (pretty much any time in the next several hours)...

I will mess around with this in a bit and see about getting a 2nd heli to spawn at the N. heli pad-- getting 3 sets of bikers (on a 4 player game) would probably make this difficult if not impossible, but getting 2 sets (with 3 people you definitely get 2 groups of bikers) should be doable with a 2nd heli and possibly easier then with 2 players as in theory we should be able to clear the building in under 4:30 giving at least 2 1/2 minutes to clear the fleeing bikers and get back to the start point.

Without headsets we would have to work out new responsibilities for 3 player.

I am of the opinion that parking the heli on the W. side does affect the boat spawn-- I did a bunch of runs doing this and never got the boat spawn-- so the best thing would be to park the 2nd heli up top on the East side or on the ground on the east side....

I'll be on at roughly 9PM tonight (just under 2 hours). I think we are almost there, I've got the driving done to the factory quite well now. On one attempt going off the ramp I did a perfect roll and landed on all four wheels! I did forget on a couple of occasions to pick up the cards. Won't forget that one again.

see you in a few....

//edit//

(2 1/2 hours later)

7:02.16 is less then 7:03 right??

Congrats Sureshot

Last edited:
I've got the trophy. Big thanks to Spuds, never thought we would get it with the bikers/van. There was a 4min 40 clearance of building and then boat spawn, but I've missed it and went up to heli instead of shooting from side. Also ended up with heli in water. Got trophy but was reset at start again. I suggest their DB is fine but problem with servers.

Nice work!

Got trophy but was reset at start again. I suggest their DB is fine but problem with servers.

Yeah, I guess this is concrete proof that it recognises previous times even though they aren't appearing publically.

I've got the trophy. Big thanks to Spuds, never thought we would get it with the bikers/van. There was a 4min 40 clearance of building and then boat spawn, but I've missed it and went up to heli instead of shooting from side. Also ended up with heli in water. Got trophy but was reset at start again. I suggest their DB is fine but problem with servers.

I think we screwed the pooch every way possible (we played nearly 2 1/2 hours straigh-- had alot of times under 8 minutes-- sorry about hitting you with the heli blades the one time... we were getting so close, I hated to quit on you.... but that was going to be our last run no matter what-- the wife was insistent.

On that last run, I thought you would never get in the garage...

I was trying to flip the boat with the heli (when we ended up in the water)-- I was able to do it earlier (not in the mission)-- I obviously was a bit low- in hindsight I should have landed us on that other corner (S. of the building) and had you fire from there, we had plenty of time on that one.

I think we only had 3 boat spawns out of all our matches...

I knew it was possible to get it that way (land spawn), I almost did it with Druton and I screwed us by jumping off the highway... we just needed a fast building clear... I think I've locked down each place to cut off the bikers on the land spawns....

1. on the highway (pretty obvious)-- hard part is not landing too far ahead of them
2. Just east of the police station in the industrial section (where we got them on our 7:02 run)
3. On the road next to Honkers for when they cross the bridge heading north.]
(click link below to see spots where you can land the heli to cut off the bikers)

Click here to view the SnapMap

I know, I was out of the Heli and he decided to have a nap. I was trying not to scream "No!"

Time was 7'02:16!

Incredible.

Here is a guide I just wrote up for others that might read this... this a compilation of methods I learned/worked out with Famine and Druton from GTAF...

Just thought I'd share this for those going for the times for Fly the Co-op trophy/achievement...

I know one of the biggest pains for doing this is getting the bikers to spawn in the boat while doing 2 player-- while this makes it easier, it does not make it impossible to get the time. I know some people know this stuff but I've yet to see a good guide showing this... other then 007crafts youtube video-- which only allows for the boat spawn.

For game setting I use the following--
-2 Player
-Time of day- midday
-Weather-clear
-Reticule health-on (so you know you've killed someone)
-Traffic- Parked (will speed up the drive-- see below)

I've done this mission alot the last few weeks, first getting my trophy and then doing it with others to get their trophies.

I have managed to get the time on 2 of the 3 land spawn locations (without mics or headsets), based on the speed of runs I've done and how fast I've cut off the fleeing the bikers the 3rd is possible too... the key is to:

1. Clear the building fast
2. Have a good heli pilot who knows where to land to cut them off (in front of the bikers)...

For #1, I've managed to speed this up a bit by having one of the players drive, while the other flies... it is possible to drive to the location faster then you can fly there... you just have to get on the highway fast and then drive off the highway where there is a gap in the rail.. The driver (if good) will arrive about 10-15 seconds faster then the flier.
To get on the highway follow this route
Get on highway fast

Then drive off the highway at this spot
Drive off highway

You can either brake and make a hard right, drive off and on top of the warehouse there, drive over it and off the building to the Southwest or you can just drive it straight off a full throttle you will land near the bend of the road and then it is a straight shot west to the deal breaker building

Having someone drive and the other fly does 2 things, it seems to make more bikers spawn on the ground level (when the driver arrives first) and these are easier to clear IMO then inside the building... it doesn't take a whole lot more time to sweep the upper levels with one player then with two as there are always just 7 bad guys on the 5th level and above and they are always in the same places.

The flier clears the building down from the top-- there are 4 bad guys up top, I always go down on the east side as there is a guy with a shotgun near the stairs on the SW side on the 6th level. Clear the 3 guys on the 6th. Nobody on the 5th (but there is a rocket launcher near the stairs on the east side you might want to grab. The majority of the bad guys the flier will encounter are on the 4th and 3rd level.

As the driver I usually will work around the N. side of the building, getting everyone on the N. side (there will be quite a few) including all the bad guys you can reach on the 2nd floor from the ground then work up to the 3rd level sweeping each level to collect each card dropped-- you should encounter your partner on either the 3rd or 4th floor and be clearing up any stragglers/cards. To have a shot at the time, you have to have the building cleared before the 5 minute point-- the faster the better.

The driver is responsible for getting the boat. If you get the boat spawn and are on the 4th floor or higher, just jump off on the W. side-- you will die but you do keep your rocket launcher... then just run to the pier and kill them-- you can kill them with the AK-47 if you don't have the rocket launcher, without the rocket launcher it is easiest if you kill the boat driver first.

The Flyer is meanwhile grabbing the heli and picking up the driver (just like 007crafts video).

If you get the land spawn, both the driver and flier should head to the roof. The pilot should get in and as the blades spin up, quickly check the maps to see where the bikers spawned... 3 possible locations (the spawn locations are approximate in my maps), then fly to the appropriate cut off point immediately, be careful not to fly directly over the bikers as it will make them drive faster.

Spawn Location #1
In the above, the spawn location is near the dot on the left, the cut off point is on the right-- you will land in the street just east of the police station there... kill the bikers as they make the turn to your south... rocket launcher is best for the van, rifles for bikes IMO...
---

Spawn Location #2
In the above, the bikers will spawn near the right dot, drive up the ramp up onto the highway ... just land on the highway in front of them and wait..
--

Spawn Location #3
In the above, the bikers will spawn near the lower dot, fly to the upper dot and land.

I've only done this on PS3.... so cannot verify the above will work on other platforms...

Once again, it is important to not fly over the bikers when flying to the cut off points as it will only make them drive faster.

Hope this helps someone-- I would not expect this guide to help you instantly pass the mission, it takes practice learning how to clear the building fast and as you know, anything can go wrong with these missions.

Thanks to Famine (at gtplanet.net) for helping me work out the driving/flying thing and to Druton (at GTAForums.com) for being such a great heli pilot (I used to think I was pretty good) and showing me how you can cut off the fleeing bikers relatively fast-- I've varied slightly from his cutoff points to save a bit more time

Last edited:
Have all the regular participants of the group got the Fly the co-op trophy now? I think rpgCyco is missing the Dealbreaker one, isn't he?

Just thinking of where we go next. I have few (I think one!) of the GTA races.

I think rpgCyco is missing the Dealbreaker one, isn't he?

Just thinking of where we go next. I have few (I think one!) of the GTA races.

Yep, I am missing Deal Breaker.

I've only one or two of the races and don't have any of the other trophies for 20 pistol kills, etc.

the 20 pistol kill one isn't too bad-- if you want to get that on your own you will likely have to host-- select prison or happiness island-- setting- pistols, at least 20 minutes-- if you put respawn to close, you will respawn close to where you were killed-- realize for the first several seconds after you respawn you are invincible, so if you get killed 20 times, you should be able to get 20 kills just on your respawns (start shooting right away) ;) and be sure to aim for the head.

I'm up for deal breaker whenever you are ready-- it does help to watch the video-- although we deviate from the video quite a bit-- 3-5 am GMT is usually a good time for me... my schedule may get a little screwy the week after next though, weekends should at least be ok then-- will see.

If you ever see me online, PM me what you might want to do...

I'm not far on the races either-- at least documented-- I have maybe 15 of the 108 done.

I can probably get the 20 pistol kills by myself using the method you suggested. I'll try it soon!

I'm next free (as in home all day) on March the 5th until March 9th. So that weekend would be good for me, as would the time of 3-5 am GMT.

EDIT: I tried to get the pistol trophy yesterday, but failed hard. It seems nobody likes to play a pistol match, as they kept leaving. :D

Last edited:
Back