GTP GTA Group Online Game [13/02/09 - 2100GMT]

• Thread starter Famine
  • 448 comments
Sometimes it is hard to get people to get in a game like that-- I got in a big pistol match on happiness island one time-- 14+ players... was pretty fun-- alot people had mics too in that game-- I gave several people the "rockstar" trophy in that match-- as I heard them "hey I killed a rockstar".... you might have to run a couple of more popular matches and then change it (and hope you don't get kicked)...does anyone know if you can do it in a team death match.

I'll play with you if you want-- or we can get a gtp game going at the prison-- that was one of the early ones we did on here.

Sometimes it is hard to get people to get in a game like that-- I got in a big pistol match on happiness island one time-- 14+ players... was pretty fun-- alot people had mics too in that game-- I gave several people the "rockstar" trophy in that match-- as I heard them "hey I killed a rockstar".... you might have to run a couple of more popular matches and then change it (and hope you don't get kicked)...does anyone know if you can do it in a team death match.

I'll play with you if you want-- or we can get a gtp game going at the prison-- that was one of the early ones we did on here.

I'll try that and get back to you. My troubles might also have been related to what time I was playing. There didn't seem to be that many games going.

@Famine, I see you online sometimes when I get home from work at about 8-9 PM (9-10 AM GMT). If you want, I can help you for an hour or two to get some race wins or we could run through Noose over and over to get closer to the Wanted trophy (I can hold off the Noose by myself, 8\10 times). The stat tracking seems reliable at the moment, so it's probably a good time to do it.

I'm almost done with the racing. I've got a couple of straight chopper races (which I'll probably pick off today), some GTA Cannonballers and that's pretty much it.

NOOSE sounds good though. Shout me if you see me online. Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty?

How did you get those races done so fast?? I just checked my list and I have 17 of the 108 done now--

Getting heli/boat races is near impossible-- everyone just quits if I'm hosting-- I did manage another heli win yesterday, someone else was hosting and switched to one-- luckily I'm a decent heli pilot.

I haven't tried hosting very much-- need to get serious/methodical on doing these (at least the road races)

I've found that anywhere between 10am and 2pm, online races are populated by newbies. I can pick whatever race I like to host and someone will join me. I then sandbag the boat and heli races - so they're close enough to me that they think they might get a win from it - and just beat them to the line. Rinse, lather, repeat.

I have a maximum of 31 races left - many of those have wins listed but I don't know precisely when those wins were recorded (everything else has been done since 12th February) so I'm not counting them yet.

We should do these races together guys! That said I have a Health and Safety presentation to work on tonight. Can you smell the excitement?

I smell it... ;) (Smells like chicken).

Just a little update on the above dealbreaker guide... for spawn point #1, in an earlier match I was able to drive a motorcycle to the cutoff point... using this route...

Drive to cut off point #1

I got there before they rounded the corner just like when we flew there... I was in a 3 player match, we had mics-- they got the spawn up on the highway-- I got my guys first, and drove toward them... I met them about 1/2 way, got in the heli and flew back... we just missed the time with a 7:07--

They were both going for the trophy-- I helped them get the BDB II time in one run right before that (5:20)-- I flew and tried the landing but didn't nail it, they both bailed out up top though and got the bridge ok... I landed the heli on top of the hold but got killed... I respawned on the ship and still managed to glitch in the hold fast enough to get the time-- mics/headsets definitly help when things don't go exactly as planned.

Also, one of the others ended up in the water to the west of the ship-- the mission did end... he did swim a bit away from the ship.

//edit//

I Got Deal Breaker again with Aerosol... (the guy me and Famine did our fast BDB II with)-- I drove, he flew, then I flew back... we ended up getting it with a boat Spawn... and the funny thing was, I'm guessing all but 2 of our sessions we had boat spawns -- we did at least 8 runs... our problem was clearing the building fast enough--- missed the boat on one run when we had plenty of time... I tried flipping it with the Heli but couldn't get it right (at least I didn't crash the heli in the water)... time was around 6:45... I was so nervous I was going to screw up something-- it is a bit scary landing the heli on the quay to pick up the boat shooter... I think I prefer the land spawns (got plenty of practice with Sureshot)

Last edited:
Ok, got a super easy way to get a fast time for noose-- will involve some sacrifice by one though....

Read it here-- http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&f=238&t=400663&st=0#entry1059020203

In a nutshell--
3 or 4 player game, 2 people get in the vehicle right away and drive to the heli, get in the heli and fly toward the safe zone....

While they are gone, the person left behind must kill enough people to get Kenny to ask for transport-- this person gets transport and picks up Kenny.... as the people are flying they tell the person left behind to quit the game... if no mics, you send a kick notice... the person left behind with kenny quits right before they reach the safe zone...

the two people in the chopper are credited with the time-- person in the above thread got a 1:29... his friend got a 1:20.... I have not confirmed this yet....

My status is back to normal on-line, all money I gained from each time it reset has counted. I need some help recognising a GTA race I won, it was on Random and the race started on a bridge and was just before it sloped down and you made a right at the junction at the bottom of the bendy highway/bridge, having not got fully to grips with the islands barring the first one I'm not so sure what race it was.

I'm missing not doing stuff with you guys, so can we do some races together? I'm quite light on races (everything barring Southern Switch) for the road wins. GTA races are fun, but they don't seem to get that way out of the way quickly. This week I'm free from Tuesday night onwards. So, Tuesday night, 9PM and we do some GTA races?

how big a bridge-- Road to Bohan (also done in single player)??

I'm up for whatever races you want-- I prefer to knock out the hard to get ones-- Free, heli, boat, cannon ball

I've been helping others get the Co-op trophy still (mostly people from GTAForums)-- everyone wants to do deal breaker... I hate/love that one... it sucks when you are close (I've been close alot)-- and still awesome when you get the time... I got it with somone last night-- we tried over 2 or 3 days-- at least 20 runs... finally got it with a boat spawn (we both had mics).

Today I got it with another brit (can't you guys work together ;) ) he had a mic, we did one run that went long... decided to do me an famines method-- I was halfway there when he told me he got lost driving to the heli... so we restarted--- I had him drive and I rode with him to give him directions.. he drove pretty bad all the way there and we didn't get off the ground til 1:15 or so (about 20 seconds slower then a good run by me)... he is a good chopper pilot though...

I jumped out as we approached the building so I could respawn on the ground and work from the bottom up... we managed a building clear at about 5:00... I took out the boat with the rifle pretty quick and was in the heli by about 5:40-- made it back with plenty of time (he scared me with his low flying back)-- better then me... so success in just 2 runs.

I believe that is 7 times for "deal breaker" for me now.

I also got BDB II again with just 2 player in 3 tries-- mics help alot on that one... I was able to show him how to glitch into the hold on one of the runs when we missed the time. I did screw up the landing on the bridge once.... nailed it perfect twice-- I think I've gotten the BDB II time 6 times now.

For 2 player, both should try to set the upper bomb-- if one dies then that person sets the lower bomb if they spawn on the ship

Last edited:
Well, I now have a win listed in every single online variation, included both Cops'n'Crooks versions as both Cops and Crooks. But no Trophy.

Luckily I took a baseline set of stats on February 12th, so I know what I've had updated with wins since then and only have to mop up the ones which haven't had a win since then.

A few. None of the road races, in either Race or GTA Race mode though.

I can help out tomorrow morning from about 9AM GMT if you want. You got the Fly-the-coop trophy? Might be the wrong time for Spuds, but Famine might be on.

I'll likely be on tonight about 3 am GMT (little less then 12 hours from now)- if you want to try dealbreaker to complete "fly the co-op"-- if you are not very familiar with it, I would ask you to watch the video-- post # 237 in this thread and play through a few public games for some practice-- this one can be tough-- the key is clearing the building by about the 5 minute mark.

It should help to read the guide I wrote (post #386 in this thread)

Can you fly the heli decently?? if not, I would want you to drive, otherwise I will drive to the site-- the driver should take the car outside, the flyer takes one of the ones in the garage.

If you fly, I will take out the boat if we get that spawn... unless you think you can find the places I indicated in that guide above by flying to them, I will fly to the land spawns points--- it might help for you to grab a helitours heli in single player and fly around to those spots to get familiar with flying/landing in that area-- spot # 1 is next to the industrial police station.... spot #2 is on the highway... spot #3 just north of Honkers strip club.

If you play with Famine, he was very good at clearing the lower levels-- in our run, he had 29 kills to my measily 13.

One variation of Famine and my method was both people flying and the passenger jumping out as we approached the building-- so they die and spawn on the ground (or level 2 sometimes)--- so that person can clear the lower levels-- if you don't like or want to drive.

If you end up clearing the upper levels, I do not recommend going down from the roof (7th) to the 6th level via the SW stairs-- there is a guy with a shot gun there as well as another guy... I do believe you can take them out from the roof level by shooting down through the opening.... there are alway 4 guys on the roof level and 3 on the 6th... nobody on the 5th (but there is a rocket launcher on the 5th near the east stairs I always grab)-- works great at taking out the van.

One good thing about this mission is you will earn about $4500-6000 per run so even if doing alot of runs, it will help you rank up-- one of the reasons why I've been helping others... it is difficult enough that I don't get bored like when playing alot of "noose"

Last edited:
Sorry for the bump... regarding getting deal breaker done... I have a got way we can knock this out for anyone that needs it without too much difficulty....

Utilizing 3 player, it is rare NOT to get the boat spawn...

So start a game with 3 player, one person flies, 2 people drive--

When the building is nearly clear, a person that has the trophy already, drives up to near the bridge that goes over the water (S. of Honkers)... the other 2 finish clearing the building and take out the boat and fly back to the house...

The third player takes out the land spawn guys (this intercept point is close to where 2 of the landspawn groups will spawn... this won't work if the bad guys spawn on the one that goes up on the highway-- will have to chase them down).... still can be done IMO... after the land spawn guys are killed, assuming the time is still in reach, the 3rd player quits the game...

Mission passed for the other 2 players.

I'm willing to be the quiter if anyone needs this...

RPG-- I've seen you on a few times, but not playing IV... do you want me to send you a PM if I see you on for this if you want to get dealbreaker... I've knocked out the other 2 missions with another person (we challenged our BDBII time with a 4:20)-- he just has deal breaker left-- we got pretty close in 2 player (deal breaker) a few times... he is decent at flying the heli if you aren't... and he plays with a mic, so I can communicate with him regarding me quitting the game or what not...

My next chance available to play is about 13 hours from now... (3 am GMT)...

on a related note.... I actually made some decent progress for AWP the other day... knocked out about14 races pretty fast-- even a few oddball ones using 1 on 1 races.... used Famines advice and made sure I kept the "loser" close.... so he wouldn't quit, and even gave him a few wins to keep him playing...

Last edited:
RPG-- I've seen you on a few times, but not playing IV... do you want me to send you a PM if I see you on for this if you want to get dealbreaker... I've knocked out the other 2 missions with another person (we challenged our BDBII time with a 4:20)-- he just has deal breaker left-- we got pretty close in 2 player (deal breaker) a few times... he is decent at flying the heli if you aren't... and he plays with a mic, so I can communicate with him regarding me quitting the game or what not...

My next chance available to play is about 13 hours from now... (3 am GMT)...

I haven't contacted you about it because I haven't actually played the mission through yet. I've watched the 007craft video quite a few times and looked at your route maps, but even so, I think I'll be lost the first few times.

I'll go on now and practice the driving route and heli route a few times. If you come online, invite me in and I'll join.

Sorry I wasn't able to get on tonight- I'll keep an eye out for you... it is pretty tough to get with 2 player-- I think it alot easier by doing it with 3 player where I quit after killing the land spawn guys.

If we try this, Unless you are decent at flying the heli, you should try to find the one of the rocket launchers-- there is one near the east stairs on the 5th floor.... (2 floors down from the roof)-- there is another one on the 3rd or 4th floors near the middle of the building. If you die, you get to keep it.... so you should be the one to try and take out the boat-- while you can do it with the rifle, the rocket is easier.... just aim a little ahead of it...

Let me know what you want to do in the mission.... fly or take out the boat and I'll let the other guy know (if we play with him)

If he isn't around, we can try it with 2 player....

I do suggest you go ahead and do some public games just to get the feel of the mission.... find the rocket launcher and perhaps try to take out the boat.

//edit//

Congrats on the trophy...

I got on right after I wrote that and RPG was online... we did several runs but just couldn't manage it on the fast building clears... I destroyed a few helis for us ;) (I'd been drinking a bit tonight)

Finally I saw someone come online from GTAforums (superjude) that I'd done BDB II with-- he actually was one of the people that shared the "noose" quitting strategy/glitch for the superfast times -- I invited him into the game and we just kind of applied it (quitting) to deal breaker-- I quit and let them finish them up... 6:55 (it wasn't exactly a clean run but got it done in one run)-- mics definitely help with working out strategies... I highly recommend the quitting strategy for 3 player dealbreaker-- saves alot of time.

It was a weird game in that we had 2 land spawns in the same place-- van and bikes at spawn point #1...

Last edited:
Thanks to Spuds and MOMO_DA_GANGSTA, I now have the Fly the Co-op trophy! We got it in 6:55. :D

It was lucky, because the helicopter broke upon crash landing at the house and seemed to be staying on it's side. GANGSTA got out, so I thought I better do so too. But just as I pushed triangle, it started to level out and my character fell to the ground. :(

Luckily my yelling made him get back up and we made it inside the garage in time. :D

@Spuds, I can't believe I screwed up so hard on the boat. :( The other time when we were close, I shot the rocket launcher and completely missed the van on the bridge. Oh well, I got it now. :D

EDIT: My stats actually updated this time! Sweet! :)

Last edited:
I knew he was pretty good at that mission-- I'd only done it one time with him, but he and his friend were pretty good-- it took us a bit to ready up as we were discussing who was going to do what... we were just hoping you would either get in his car or mine.... would have worked either way-- I am a firm believer that when someone drives, and they get there first, more bad guys spawn on the ground....

Sorry it took us a bit-- I was having issues clearing the building (you seemed to be holding up your side pretty well--other then blowing up the boat ;) ) -- I kept going down the SW stairs and kept getting killed by the guy with the shotgun coming up the stairs from the 4th-- most of those runs we weren't clearing the building til about 5:10 or so which makes it real hard to get the time-- even if everything else after that goes well.

It was getting pretty late for me (2:30 am for me is about when we got it)-- was why I invited Momo in to help us wrap it up.

Congrats again..

Last edited:
Well done Rpg.

Right, when can we next meet up to do some races? I haven't done much of late, the updating of the system is piss poor and doesn't relate to my notes.

9PM seems to work well for me, Wednesday or Friday would be good.

I don't believe the leaderboards have anything to do with the trophies-- you should keep your own list...

If you see me on, send me a PM.... I've been getting alot of request to help with the "fly the co-op" lately-- I'm beginning to hate deal breaker ;)

I do keep my own list, but sometimes use the leaderboard as a reference point for races I've done but not noted down. Anyway, the fact it keeps resetting my money and rank on-line will sure effect the wanted one?

I noticed when my rank reset, the money I made was added back when it came back....

I did have issues back when I was a rank 5 or so with it not getting credited/saved-- was quite a while ago... I reached Rank 9 last week....

But I'm out of commission for a few weeks now... PS3 is acting up-- started doing this Friday... After playing about 20 minutes, game will freeze hard (have to turn off by holding down power button)-- then the console won't recognize any blue-ray disk (PS3 games)-- it will read PS2 and DVD movies.... if I turn off a few hours, its ok for 20 minutes then does it again.... I filled out a repair request Saturday on Sony's website, one day before my 1 year warranty expired (so it is being repaired under warranty).... the box to send it out should be here Wednesday--- I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already... I've actually been eyeing my kid's Wii the last day or two...

I can't add you now... my PS3 is out for repair (it will be back thursday)-- my blueray player was having issues. Was barely still under warranty. You can add me if you want, I'll respond on thursday when I fire it back up (hopefully).

(very quick T/A on the PS3-- sent it out Thursday, by tracking it arrived monday morning and was shipped back out monday evening... should be back here on thursday sometime)

my PSN: Spuds725

Back