GTP & GTS EXCLUSIVE Gran Turismo 5 Retail Overview (SIXTH final Update)

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 1,904 comments
  • 651,341 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
...so are these rumors of the game unlocking online really true?
 
"NO MULTISCREEN OR LAN OPTIONS SO FAR."

Does it mean 2 players can't play on the same screen? oO'
(I'm french so maybe I haven't well understood)
 
How well is LSD simulated on FF cars? Also , can you feel it on the wheel when you apply the power on a FF car?
 
great read ! thanks amar for the updates ! enjoyt the best racing game ever created !:)
 
Amar ~ Interesting point on the BGM issue. I play with no music (frankly, I can't stand it), but I enjoy hearing the tunes in the menus, awards, etc sections. Please do follow-up on if the blank MP3 thing works.
 
...so are these rumors of the game unlocking online really true?

unlocking the online functions of the game is true.

unlocking other offline features, we dont know yet and its very doubtful this would happen...hte leaked GT5 versions were true final builds after all which is disappointing...

but this wont stop GT5 from being the best racing game ever created ! (especially the physics and graphics, which are for me the most important things ina racing game)
 
I think it just means that the 10th test of the NB license is a race.

That's the problem !
If, NB are already races, whats NA, and IA are ? Races with higher IA ? Doesn't that seems a bit odd ?

Learning brakes, turns, ... was the basics, it was Gran Turismo ... And then, we had to do complete laps (S licence) to become a driver. With that, we were able to do some RACES, but, only AFTER doing "real" licences.
Honnestly, when you're 18 year old (or 16 in US) do you start by going in the street with your car, or, you start by learning how to start the engine, using shifts, ...

I'm affraid that "Events" in GT5 Prologue were actually Licences ...



Please, Amar, tell us that PoDi did not dare do that :(
 
Amar ~ Interesting point on the BGM issue. I play with no music (frankly, I can't stand it), but I enjoy hearing the tunes in the menus, awards, etc sections. Please do follow-up on if the blank MP3 thing works.

The sound-effects/music are no problem anywhere but strictly in award-sequences of Licences only. I was pretty amazed by it :lol:

All other effects, blinks, tunes - works flawlessly in all other places in the game.

Workaround is ready on memory stick, I'll be informing about that in #5 update, since that particular option is very important in my book :D

I can only explain it by that person that did a code-testing for Licenses section probably loves to drive with Race BGM on and he just didn't notice :)
 
Question about licence requirements for GT-Mode races.

Are specific licences required for race events in GT-Mode or are they covered by the Levels you gain?
 
"NO MULTISCREEN OR LAN OPTIONS SO FAR."

Does it mean 2 players can't play on the same screen? oO'
(I'm french so maybe I haven't well understood)

confirmed by Amar (2 players playing on the same screen)
 
Last edited:
Thank you, amar.

Your initial impressions make for great reading. We are lucky to have someone who knows the game so well to finally answer some of the questions we've had for weeks now.

Thank you, and keep it coming.
 
"NO MULTISCREEN OR LAN OPTIONS SO FAR."

Does it mean 2 players can't play on the same screen? oO'
(I'm french so maybe I haven't well understood)

It means that you can not hook up two or three screens onto two or three PS3's. what you mean is Split screen (two players on one screen)
 
Thank you Amar for taking the time to do this.
 
So no synced replays?
 
Question about licence requirements for GT-Mode races.

Are specific licences required for race events in GT-Mode or are they covered by the Levels you gain?

Basically, there is no other way to gain XP points in the beginning except by doing licenses.

By doing licenses you gain XP to unlock Lv. Unlocking Lv unlocks Special Races and A-Spec/B-Spec races.

At this point I know that races in Special Races (I tried Kart) gives you both XP/Credits, but I don't know will racing in A/B SPec also give you XP. Will try that later afternoon, although I didn't want to race before clearing all licenses, just in order to showcase progression system.

But first is tied to another and third and back to first, so everything is like in good, old times of XP grinding in FFVII :D
 
I don't care for multi-screen, is split-screen in?
 
Are you telling us that, all licences are only races ?!

I wanted that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5MpeRWF-ZA
That is, B1, on GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4

Is GT5, the only one, where licences are differents ?

No, the answer was whether we could have 16 cars racing at once as we've really only seen 12 in replays. As with all GT games, license test involve some form of racing in different tests.
 
"NO MULTISCREEN OR LAN OPTIONS SO FAR."

Does it mean 2 players can't play on the same screen? oO'
(I'm french so maybe I haven't well understood)
No it means that you can't display the game on multiple screens (usually 3). For example in forza 3, it is possible to do that with 3 X360, 3 games and 3 TVs.
 
can you use a mouse to navigate the track creator?
 
Thanks for the write up amar, I really enjoyed reading this last night, you got me itching for GT5 I had to play me some GT5P last night!

Have you seen any scratches in the cars paint after collisions? This was absent in some pictures from RDK.

Do you have a buttkicker installed on your driving rig? And does it work better with GT5 than with Prologue?

Thanks
 
No it means that you can't display the game on multiple screens (usually 3). In forza 3, it is possible to do that with 3 X360, 3 games and 3 TVs.

It was possible on both "big" Gran Turismo games on PS2 - GT3 and GT4.

I still can't find an explanation why is not in, but maybe some update will enable it. However, I have no high hopes, since there is no LAN option - which is pretty much pre-requisite for multiscreen.
 
Oh god finally this is what I needed most....
2p splitscreen :) I love PD for including this. This is what I missed most in NFS Shift
 
Amar, how about views in standard cars ? only bumper, roof, and behind a car views are availble? no hood ?
 
The sound-effects/music are no problem anywhere but strictly in award-sequences of Licences only. I was pretty amazed by it :lol:

All other effects, blinks, tunes - works flawlessly in all other places in the game.

Workaround is ready on memory stick, I'll be informing about that in #5 update, since that particular option is very important in my book :D

I can only explain it by that person that did a code-testing for Licenses section probably loves to drive with Race BGM on and he just didn't notice :)

If the workaround works, can you post the .mp3 file somewhere for download?
 
If the workaround works, can you post the .mp3 file somewhere for download?

It is just an empty mp3 file, nothing special :)
 
@amar thanks for the brilliant stuff G25 question now with GT5 having working wipers,flash beams,horns ,etc.... does it become destracting because of G25's buttons locations and what not?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back