GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

  • Thread starter Thread starter cgr-10
  • 2,234 comments
  • 119,495 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at my race replay, and on lap 13 at the start on my screen there was around 5 pit crew guys strolling around the start finish line with tyres in there hands.


WTF!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah the replays do that for some reason, though maybe the pit crew found a loophole in the regulations and were trying to change the tyres on the track rather than in the pits. :sly:
 
I was looking at my race replay, and on lap 13 at the start on my screen there was around 5 pit crew guys strolling around the start finish line with tyres in there hands.


WTF!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

I case you made an emergency pit stop, they didnt wanna get caught out.
 
Guys, if you're free for a couple of hours before IndyCar on a Friday (7-9ish pm BST) it would be great if you'd join us for some ARCA stock car racing in Furi's new series here. We're using detuned mainly 2010 NASCAR models with ballast and racing hard tires, it should be a whole lot of fun, very laidback and a great stepping stone if you ever want to move up to the Sprint Cup or Nationwide Series :cheers:
 
I'm going to have to miss this race too. :grumpy:
Maybe I can do the Indy 500 and the Finale. 💡
 
I'm going to have to miss this race too. :grumpy:
Maybe I can do the Indy 500 and the Finale. 💡

Aw man, don't tell me it's baseball again? :lol:

Real shame, looks like you're out of the hunt for the championship then with 2 races out 👎
 
Indeed, we discussed it a little in the Sprint Cup thread. Since IndyCar has used both the oval and the road course (oval was damaged from earthquake in 2011 so they used the road course), we could add both to the schedule in the future.
 
If we do get it, i'll definitely add the oval to next season's schedule and possibly add the road course in place of a current one.

Also, if it's before the end of June I was thinking about running an open IndyCar exhibition race at the oval, in the Sprint Cup timeslot on the off week mid-chase. Let's hope we get it :)
 
Dies depend how we get it. If it's DLC we may have to hear in mind that all may not be able to get it immediately.
 
Knelly
Dies depend how we get it. If it's DLC we may have to hear in mind that all may not be able to get it immediately.

Apparently round 8 is 19th June(?) so it should be around then, I can see them giving it to all participants free. I hope, anyway.
 
TomMcD
Apparently round 8 is 19th June(?) so it should be around then, I can see them giving it to all participants free. I hope, anyway.

All gold time participants perhaps, and I see gold being hard to get at that stage of the competition, of course though it will also be purchasable for those who didn't compete etc..
 
Matty
All gold time participants perhaps, and I see gold being hard to get at that stage of the competition, of course though it will also be purchasable for those who didn't compete etc..

Possibly, maybe completing the entire academy.

I can't wait personally, been wanting a 1.5 mile oval for ages :D
 
TomMcD
Possibly, maybe completing the entire academy.

I can't wait personally, been wanting a 1.5 mile oval for ages :D

How much shorter then Daytona or Indy is it?
 
It's a mile shorter, so 1.5 instead of 2.5. It's also a slight egg shape so one end of the track turns more sharply than the other.
 
TomMcD
It's a mile shorter, so 1.5 instead of 2.5. It's also a slight egg shape so one end of the track turns more sharply than the other.

It would be our new Darlington replacement.
 
I'm more interested in that road course 👍
 
I want both.
 
To be honest, Motegi oval would probably get 2 races and Daytona just the one in future because IndyCar run mainly 1-2 miles ovals anyway.
 
My PB after a 15 minute mock qualifying run at Tokyo was a 1:19.600. Still a few more tenths in my reach, I seem to have a good rythym at this circuit.
 
1:21 so far, plenty of room though.
 
Make sure your Saturday afternoons from late June-July are free gentlemen, Wardez and I are planning an epic new PURE series. Saying no more for now :sly:
 
Define "Saturday afternoons" for me. :scared:
 
MustangRyan
Define "Saturday afternoons" for me. :scared:

Saturday afternoon for me, late morning for you guys. Don't worry :lol:
 
TomMcD
Make sure your Saturday afternoons from late June-July are free gentlemen, Wardez and I are planning an epic new PURE series. Saying no more for now :sly:

Open wheel?

I may be able to race Fri.
 
This reminds me I gotta practice for Tokyo :D
 
Tom what round did you say the schedule would be delayed for a week on.
 
Tom what round did you say the schedule would be delayed for a week on.

Next round after Tokyo mate, 18th May is an off week 👍
 
I could only get a 1:20.5 on softs, but should be able to get 1:19's. 👍
 
1:22.7 on meds. :scared:

Where's a Smuffy tune when you need it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back