GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a real shame mate. Unlucky, woulda been good to have you 👎

Matty (Att.3) - 2:46.xx (Irrelevant really)

Indy500QualiLogo.png

1st - TomMcD ~ 217.223mph (Att.2) 2 minutes, 45.728 seconds
2nd - JoeOfTheFire ~ 217.219mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 2:45.731 seconds
3rd - Matty ~ 216.976mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 45.917 seconds
4th - Knelly ~ 216.899mph (Att.2) 2 minutes, 45.976 seconds
5th - Nater_Racing21 ~ 216.655mph (Att.2) 2 minutes, 46.163 seconds
6th - MULE_9242 ~ 216.575mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 46.224 seconds
7th - IndyWolf ~ 216.522mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 46.265 seconds
8th - Droptop ~ 216.475mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 46.301 seconds
9th - ADR_BRONCO ~ 216.386mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 46.369 seconds
10th - Cowboys965 ~ 216.366mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 46.385 seconds
11th - Wardez ~ 216.354mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 46.394 seconds
12th - neljack ~ 216.306.mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 46.431 seconds
13th - FrasierCrane ~ 216.125mph (Att.3) 2 minutes, 46.570 seconds
14th - gokartman ~ 215.939mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 46.714 seconds *Non-starter*
15th - Akmuq ~ 215.054mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 47.400 seconds
16th - smuffyatfcp ~ 214.504mph (Att.1) 2 minutes, 47.829 seconds *Non-starter*

Tom, I would like to withdraw from the series, if that's ok, the 500 race was truly frustrating getting engine damage during caution (lap 40) and spun-out in the later laps when I was down, but also my work schedule starting to force me to work Friday evenings in late June so I was gonna end up missing races around the end of the series and that GT5 lost its spark where most of the time I didn't feel like getting on and I chose F1 > GT5.
Everyone else enjoy the rest of the series and the 500 and stop Joe lol and I'm sorry Fraiser I have to leave you hanging, hope to see you guys in the NASCAR Thunder series

Someone wrecked me and Joe with 5 laps to go and screwed us both. :down:

LoL btw that wreck that took the whole field was started from me getting in the grass cause Knelly wasn't willing to give any room inside. Very interesting wreck going to have to see that replay. Also sorry to Tom for I believe the penultimate caution, he checked up in the corner and I didn't enough and I got barely under his rear end.

Penalties etc. should be PM'ed to Joe as he's leading up the race review for this round.

I'm pretty happy with 2nd in reflection, not bad after 500 miles. That was one hell of an intense race and well done to everybody who stuck out the race distance. Awesome job Bronco by the way to win, you made your car so wide coming out of 4 I had no chance to pass you.

Video of the big one being uploaded right now. More views coming later.

LoL btw that wreck that took the whole field was started from me getting in the grass cause Knelly wasn't willing to give any room inside. Very interesting wreck going to have to see that replay.

Yep, pretty much, but both times (including the pit wall one a couple of laps after) I got my position on the inside line. It's not my fault that you then got runs and instead of lifting off realising you had no where to go (especially on the back straight), you ran the line and tried to force me over.

Sorry but I had my line, and my bit of road. I wasn't moving from leading position either time.

That being said, great win in such a gruelling race. Suppose I can't be dissapointed with 5th in such a crap shoot due to the amount of cautions. If there were longer green flag stints that led to green flag pitstops, I would have been very upset with 5th place.

Only Tom finished ahead of me, that was ahead of me in the standings, so should be moving up a spot. And, pretty sure I led the most laps, but that will have to be counted.

Hands have finally stopped shaking. 400 more tomorrow :nervous:

Yep, pretty much, but both times (including the pit wall one a couple of laps after) I got my position on the inside line. It's not my fault that you then got runs and instead of lifting off realising you had no where to go (especially on the back straight), you ran the line and tried to force me over.

Sorry but I had my line, and my bit of road. I wasn't moving from leading position either time.

Actually, he was inside you, and you forced him over. It's okay for something to be your fault every once in a while.

You were easily one of the most aggressive throughout that race. You cut me off a couple of times, too.

Yeah I got dizzy from that wreck my car kept rotating in the grass.

Knelly both times I had the inside line and both times you didn't respect my line, I respected yours. The replay shows it all.

In fairness, I think I'm the biggest victim here. I only got to race 30 odd laps.

I was behind you guys and I did think Knelly was a bit over aggressive to be brutally honest, Bronco did have the right to track as he pulled alongside with two wheels under the line.

I probably don't mean much but knelly was indeed too harsh most times and it was scary to be around him. But every race has to have its Schumacher and such so it's whatever, just rough.

Wardez
I probably don't mean much but knelly was indeed too harsh most times and it was scary to be around him. But every race has to have its Schumacher and such so it's whatever, just rough.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSnimN4Nfk">YouTube Link</a>

I went from 220 to a straight stop :lol:

Indeed a moment of epic proportions.

Wow, really?

Jury's out it seems.

I was no more aggressive than anyone else, especially Mule, and you know it.

Difference is, I don't bitch about every single thing that goes on.

A guy makes 'potentially' one mistake mistake during a race that had more cautions than green laps, who races nothing but clean in all series he's ever been in, and see's something from a different perspective at 230 mph. Plus, with my map on 1 for this race to try and be clearer on what's going on around me, didn't realise that the arrows do not give the true length of the cars.

Thank. Appreciate the respect guys.

Here's a throwback video to the Indy 500 I did last year, fun comparing:

You know, I know you're not a dirty driver mate. Personally I didn't really see any other incidents involving you apart from that but the other guys seem to have.

I was actually trying to be patient in that race. I probably backed off the gas more than anyone, and there were many places where I could have put my car in but chose not to. You may not bitch a lot, but you sure do brag.

We all made mistakes in that race. Everyone. I think everyone was on both ends of "car hits car into wall on the short stretch" at least once. Nobody was maliciously dirty, or else it would have been obvious. Expecting pack racing at 230 mph with no mistakes means you're either incredibly foolish, or incredibly high.

My view:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back