GTP Nurburgring GP 100 Miles - (Gr.3) Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 146 comments
I saw it on the replay, his rear left just clipped the grass at T1 when he started braking spinning him around, super unlucky another 10mtrs and it would have been astro turf and he would have gotten away with it
It's definitely my mistake to interrupt Paul's good pace of the first few laps. HoonigaN96 has the true story precisely, when I started to spin I didn't have enough grip to brake effectively any more. I apologize for the yellow flag. Btw I'd like to congratulate a well organized race by Paul with so many great drivers. It's so much fun there, wish i'll be no longer a newbie on next race, really nice to meet everyone there

It's definitely my mistake to interrupt Paul's good pace of the first few laps. HoonigaN96 has the true story precisely, when I started to spin I didn't have enough grip to brake effectively any more. I apologize for the yellow flag. Btw I'd like to congratulate a well organized race by Paul with so many great drivers. It's so much fun there, wish i'll be no longer a newbie on next race, really nice to meet everyone there

Great to have you with us :)

Some quick photos from the race.

Beautiful looking racecars!!

5990438490516521496_0.jpg

5980868339295094296_0.jpg
5980868350032512536_0.jpg
5989879938544599576_0.jpg
4837522483469911576_0.jpg
4828515282201903632_0.jpg
4836959534053361168_0.jpg
4828515291192395280_0.jpg
4828515284347290128_0.jpg
4836959542240641552_0.jpg
4827952334393868824_0.jpg
4836959534051264016_0.jpg

A briefish note to say thanks to @paoloevans for organising and running the event, and to all the other drivers.
It was a good race and I had a great time. 👍

Clean lobby from the time I entered to the time I left.
And you can't ask much more than that.

Congrats to @HoonigaN96 for his race.
Simply too fast to do anything but watch him slowly disappear into the distance.

I had a great run with @Lazybike piling the pressure on me for the early part of the race.
But I think we ended up on different pit strategies at one stage which broke that pattern.

I stupidly quit the lobby before saving the replay. :irked:
Although I can't think of many issues throughout the race.

I recall leaving the pits and out-braking myself slightly into turn 1, with a car flying down the main straight behind me.
Apologies if my running wide there upset your car or rhythm.

And another pit exit, this time I stayed super tight around turn 1, and I was super slow trying to exit the corner, almost to the point where I came to a stand still. :lol:
Apologies to whoever was coming up behind me there too.

Otherwise I had a good run.
Pushed too hard on too many occassions so it wasn't the worlds smoothest driving, but super happy to complete 32 laps without any major incidents.

Cheers all for the opportunity to join in.
Great bunch of blokes and I'ld be more than happy to join in again some time in the future. 👍

Last edited:
@Tassie_tiger your welcome. Glad you could join and that you enjoyed it! :cheers:

@BigJimmy great shot! I don't know yet?? Got a few idea's running through my head....

So could use some feedback from you fellas. Would you rather race the "one off" events we have done so far or would you be interested in a small series of around 5 or 6 races making up a mini championship with a race every month or something? Wouldn't be any different other than points would be on offer.

If we are going to be doing regular events anyways then why not make a Championship? Dunno just thinking out loud. I like the relaxed and fun feel to the races we've done so far but like the competitiveness of fighting for points as well lol!!

Any thoughts?:D

...as I really love to race with all of you guys I also would appreciate the idea of such a championship!
...great draft with a race every 4-5 weeks ( enough time for practicing + producing excitement+adrenaline) -> would be wonderful
...thanks again for all your engagement and the wonderful pics!

Ok thats positive feedback.

As I said I would like the Championship to have a fun feel to it without a shed load of rules and regulations.

We'll see what happens....

That was the first endurance event that I've done and I really enjoyed it, I would be interested in more events be it series or one off. I wasn't sure of the etiquette for cars on different strategies, I felt I got in @Jowinner1408 way a bit at one point and I'm sure I held @Tassie_tiger up a bit when he was on fresher tyres, I was going to let him by then thought well we're both racing for the same place :). I need to pay more attention to pit strategy, I over fuelled and had a crash when I tried to squeeze another lap out of worn tyres, last couple of laps were tense as @Hasnain282 piled the pressure on, a 2 sec penalty didn't help! Luckily he had a penalty to get rid of and I managed to hold on. Many thanks to @paoloevans for organising :cheers:

That was the first endurance event that I've done and I really enjoyed it, I would be interested in more events be it series or one off. I wasn't sure of the etiquette for cars on different strategies, I felt I got in @Jowinner1408 way a bit at one point and I'm sure I held @Tassie_tiger up a bit when he was on fresher tyres, I was going to let him by then thought well we're both racing for the same place :). I need to pay more attention to pit strategy, I over fuelled and had a crash when I tried to squeeze another lap out of worn tyres, last couple of laps were tense as @Hasnain282 piled the pressure on, a 2 sec penalty didn't help! Luckily he had a penalty to get rid of and I managed to hold on. Many thanks to @paoloevans for organising :cheers:
...no you were not in my way :) ...I was glad to be able to keep in touch and not to loose you...

Sorry about missing the race. I know I was on the reserve list but I really wanted to make this race as Nurburgring GP is always a favorite of mine. Sadly I didn't get home until 20 minutes before the race start but I would like to stay on the reserve list for the next race if possible.

Sorry about missing the race. I know I was on the reserve list but I really wanted to make this race as Nurburgring GP is always a favorite of mine. Sadly I didn't get home until 20 minutes before the race start but I would like to stay on the reserve list for the next race if possible.

Of course. I'll tag you when the next sign up list is open.

If a series is made from this, perhaps some kind of success ballast could be utilised a bit to mix up the results. In Brtish GT, the top drivers in the points standings* have to serve a extra time in the pits. It's easily done in GTS. You just wait a set time until you choose get tyre compound.

*it might be based on the results of previous race. I can't remember this evening!

If a series is made from this, perhaps some kind of success ballast could be utilised a bit to mix up the results. In Brtish GT, the top drivers in the points standings* have to serve a extra time in the pits. It's easily done in GTS. You just wait a set time until you choose get tyre compound.

*it might be based on the results of previous race. I can't remember this evening!

Yeh thats not a bad idea. Would spice it up a bit. Would be tricky to "police" the stops though. Would need a room of honest drivers! :dopey:

I'm probably fine with the Championship idea, especially when you have to decide a car that can be decent throughout the entire calendar.

I think I prefer the pit stop success penalty.

In British GT the top 3 finishers from the previous race have time added to ONE of their stops. 1st = 10secs, 2nd = 7secs and 3rd = 5secs.

I don't want to add to many rules and regs as I just want to keep it fun and simple but this is something easily done and I can watch the replay after the race to check those 3 stops to make sure rules were followed!

I think it will even out the field slightly on race day without messing up the quicker drivers race to much....

Last edited:
Back