GTP Nurburgring Weekly Challenge Week 7: Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71!

• Thread starter rosckolove
  • 318 comments
There's always time. It's a weekly challenge with no obligations. You can run as many laps as you want and update your times as many times as you see fit. Just make sure your running one of the current weeks combo's and you adhere to the rules and specs. For instance you'll enter arcade mode/time trial at the nordschliefe with no aids except ABS and the driving line if you choose. The cars are run stock, with an oil change. Sometimes with a downgrade on tires if the car is a bit Boring on the ones it comes with. This week both the BMW and the McLaren are on sport hards.

And please when you submit your time to the thread submit it in this format "time/forum name"

Example "9:35.999 rosckolove"

It makes updating the leaderboards easier for me.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Thanks! I've been reading on the posts here and I've noticed everyone talking about differences in grip between online and offline. So does it mean I have to run the event in the club lobby? Or can I do it offline?

I would reccomend running it offline for the grip/time advantage (make sure you set grip to "real") Some members requested a club time trial event, however I find it almost pointless due to the disadvantage and lack of participation.

I'm thinking about getting rid of the time trial portion and just setting up the club specs to allow for some quick 2 lap races between the participants, as my original intention was to have a couple races between all of us at the end of each week. This hasn't worked out yet, but the series/thread is still young.

Oh, and this goes for everyone. Feel free to send me a PM with a Car/tire combo suggestion whenever you like, and I'll try to work it in as we move along. Im not opposed to race cars entirely, but this will mostly be consisting of road cars.

Just don't suggest Anything with terrible understeer:banghead: This is suppose to be fun after all :cheers:

Thanks for the suggestion @rosckolove for having a link in the WRS section, good to have lots of people on this lonely, crazy track. :crazy:

Just don't suggest Anything with terrible understeer:banghead:

Just sent you a FR. My suggestion is on my Community profile, the best understeer'er of them all! :lol: OK, maybe the Trial Celica or Integra are a *little* better.

20151103_210003.jpg

Last edited:
You have a thing for FWD cars it seams haha, the worst!

A reminder, this week both cars are eligible for the Nurburgring laptime leaderboard which is a continuation of @mike_gt3's original thread. I spoke with the OP of the new one and he's gonna get back to keeping it updated. Since I didn't specify earlier, adjusting the brake balance is allowed for this competition however, if you wanted to submit your time to the other thread you would have to use the stock 5/5 brake balance.

@RS__96__oO if your interested, both your Ferrari GTO and Camaro laps are new records and you could post in that thread to get yourself on the leaderboard. If you don't mind, I'll do it for you if you'd like?

You have a thing for FWD cars it seams haha, the worst!

A reminder, this week both cars are eligible for the Nurburgring laptime leaderboard which is a continuation of @mike_gt3's original thread. I spoke with the OP of the new one and he's gonna get back to keeping it updated. Since I didn't specify earlier, adjusting the brake balance is allowed for this competition however, if you wanted to submit your time to the other thread you would have to use the stock 5/5 brake balance.

@RS__96__oO if your interested, both your Ferrari GTO and Camaro laps are new records and you could post in that thread to get yourself on the leaderboard. If you don't mind, I'll do it for you if you'd like?
Yeah would be nice :-)

Sorry I missed this last two cars. Somehow I didn't get any alerts from this thread the last few days :confused:
Will try to give this two a run today.

IMG_20151104_122022787.jpg

7'34.757 GTP_Roamer2629

Last edited:
Very nice time everyone. Especially RS :bowdown:

Just a friendly reminder. Make sure if you purchased the cars sometime ago to reset the default settings as one of the updates messed with them. When I'm done work I'll update the leaderboards and hopefully get some laps in.

Gave the McLaren a go. Ran a 6:50 my very first lap, which surprised me. My first sector was freakin amazing, and it took me a while to beat it and continue a lap. I finally did, with a sector one time of 0:43.633 and a final lap of 6:47.388.

There's some left. But I kept getting frustrated by my first sector time being impossible for me to replicate.

Will try that because the BMW is giving me trouble. Feels like I'm not pushing hard enough, I was faster in the Camaro in fact.

I haven't ran the BMW yet. But RS said the camaro was faster.

A quick look at the leaderboards says it's 4 seconds faster. So far.

Last edited:
Probably. Look at what the vette does in real life. It's a shame PD made it handle like such crap, with no grip.

I just gave the BMW a go. I had a huge off, and invalidated my lap, however I ran a 7:28. So I'm confident the BMW is faster than the Camaro.

Last edited:
Probably. Look at what the vette does in real life. It's a shame PD made it handle like such crap, with no grip.

I just gave the BMW a go. I had a huge off, and invalidated my lap, however I ran a 7:28. So I'm confident the BMW is faster than the Camaro.
Please check your grip settings, 7'29 would be my limit in the BMW :)

I'll double check. Keep in mind I could be wrong about it beating the camaro.

Last edited:
I always, ALWAYS set grip to real, and I had just run through to make sure everything was stock. tires is the only thing possible if so :dunce:
But I swore they were sport hards. Anyway in a few hours I'll make sure. :cheers:

Twas a dirty lap anyway.

I always, ALWAYS set grip to real, and I had just run through to make sure everything was stock. tires is the only thing possible if so :dunce:
But I swore they were sport hards. Anyway in a few hours I'll make sure. :cheers:

Twas a dirty lap anyway.
It's just because I would never be able to do a 7'28 with a big run off :scared: I'm certainly not the greatest driver anyway, but I can't imagine I'm off that far :D

I'm right with you my friend. Our similar paces makes me think something may be up with it. But you also said a 7:09 was your limit in the GTO. Then you went and beat my 7:06!

I'm right with you my friend. Our similar paces makes me think something may be up with it. But you also said a 7:09 was your limit in the GTO. Then you went and beat my 7:06!
Well that was my Statement After 4 laps, but in the m3 i've done around 10 :)

@roamer2629 if your still on in 20 minutes you wanna meet up online and run some laps?

Actually anyone who's interested I'd like to run some laps with company.

And @RS__96__oO I was just messing around. I'll be home shortly to double check everything, and maybe get a clean lap! Ha.

Hmmm ... funny that the Mc Laren seems to be faster than back in the GT5 days. Or what do you Aliens have to say about that? On GT5 the 7-minute-barrier was JUST about broken, 6:59-ish if I remember correctly.

And I thought that this new GT6 update rear axle 0.6 degree-thing would make the F1 untersteer more and make it slower.

And Rosckolove: Ban Wrong-Wheel-Drive
:D

Last edited:
GT6 road cars are on average about 10-15 seconds faster around the ring than in GT5.

And the update did make the McLaren (most cars) understeer compared to before unfortunately.

And Rosckolove: Ban Wrong-Wheel-Drive :D
:lol:

Back