GTP Photography Contest Weekly: Week 1

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 148 comments
Yes, I think we need a broader title rather than something specific. So, the 'beauty of summer' actually sounds pretty good. What do you guys think?

I like it, I really want to be able to finish off the picture with a really nice border. It would be great. 👍

sUn
I like it, I really want to be able to finish off the picture with a really nice border. It would be great. 👍
Eh, just leave it without the border. It shouldn't need it. Besides, it'd only distract from what we should be looking at.

FREKIN NICEEEEE
this contest is great. I should also add one of my photos to this, but I need to crank the scanner. lemme see.

btw, DJM productions is winnin with me. that tree really sets off the pic
but overall nice pieces everyone. Don, if that seagulll was higher it would have been cool.
Burnout, the lake is cool, very good use of the aureal points 👍

Cano

btw
you may want to visit this site. its a photoblog of an american programmer living in japan, wich has some incredibly good pics. take a peek.
www.sushicam.com

I would enter this, but I don't have any really good photos on my machine; and I don't think there will be any good photo ops in the next couple days...

Dorifto
^^ Me too do you live close?
What do you mean? Well I live in South Jersey but I wne to San Fran with my bro and my grandma to visit my aunt. It was pretty fun. :D

*edit* My ears were killin me when we hit turbulance int he plain.

I think I should use this instead, anyone know which one I should use?
Waterfall.png

Yay.jpg

*EDIT* I have the huge sized pics if anyone wants to amke sure I took the pics.

use the waterfall. the other is just... meh
*if you had taker the waterfall's pic in vertical form, with the floor-with-flowers showing, and waited till those persons went off, it would have been a helluva pic. like it stands now, the people and flowers are somewaht distracting.

tourismshots then... everyone can take a nice picture of a place like Neuschwanstein, but try getting something extraordinary out of everyday things. That, to me, is creativity. Which we are seriously lacking here so far.

teazR
tourismshots then... everyone can take a nice picture of a place like Neuschwanstein, but try getting something extraordinary out of everyday things. That, to me, is creativity. Which we are seriously lacking here so far.

I agree with you Teazr, completely, but I dont think the castle pic is an "average" one, it is very well composed and way aesthetic. But Joey got me by the balls (ugh), his picture is way cool. my vote so far.

Cano

and the doves are pretty, the photo, not.

GG man you shouldnt try and MAKE people give opinions. If they have one theyll tell you. It gets annoying lol. No offence or anything. Here's my entry. Out the window of the bus going up to Manning Park for a snowboarding trip.

The second two are on another trip on our way to Ashland, Oregon. The one of on/off ramps is somewhere in Seattle and i cannot remember where the other one is from.

Attachments

• manningtreeshot.jpg
    manningtreeshot.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 17
  • ashlandphotocomp1.jpg
    ashlandphotocomp1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ashlandphotocomp2.jpg
    ashlandphotocomp2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 21
Klostrophobic
So, like, can we put borders on our photos?
Why are borders such a big thing for you people! :confused:

Well, I suppose since there is so much demand for them, you can use them. Just keep them in reason. 👍

I actually did take the waterfall picture vertically and without the people. :D
(this time I actually took the pic from standing and not in a moving car)
WaterFall.png

Burnout
Why are borders such a big thing for you people! :confused:

Well, I suppose since there is so much demand for them, you can use them. Just keep them in reason. 👍
Because a photo isn't complete without a border. Else it just looks like it's floating there.

The IFC and Star Ferry pictures are awesome.
I'd like the skyline one a little more if it weren't as blocky.

But still!

Back