GTP Photography Contest Weekly: Week 1

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 148 comments
Joey
The IFC and Star Ferry pictures are awesome.
I'd like the skyline one a little more if it weren't as blocky.

But still!

Thanks, comments appreciated! What do you mean by 'blocky' though, Joey? Do you mean the lights on the buildings?

I mean the field isn't unified.
If you look at it, you can pick out what might really be two separate pictures. The one of the shoreline with all the buildings and the clouds (my favorite part), that could all be one shot. Then you could also make a shot out of the lower half of the picture, with the water and the ferries, though that wouldn't be quite as interesting as the former. It's just kind of muddled, like there was no real direct focus for the photo - and I mean point of interest, not point of lens refraction ;).

It's kind of like what you'd expect from a typical tourist, who's just taking pictures of stuff because they've never seen it before, without really trying to emphasize anything in particular. The picture can be easily divided into horizontal sections, like cloud, building, water, boat. That's what I meant by blocky, no clear subject, and stuff's separated.

Hope that wasn't too mean.

:)

OK, I see what you're getting at, but my aim was a kind of 'postcard of Hong Kong' shot, and I think it works in that respect. Thanks for the pointers though, Joey! I've never studied photography, so it's good to know these things.

Nope. :D Seems like it doesnt it?
Here is a picture I took in Florida.

Navarre Beach, Florida
Steps.jpg

ACremona22
I had to post this one. I just love the reflection it gives off.
My friends 2002 M3 Coupe.
M3.jpg
Next time you see your friend, tell him he sucks more than anyone else.

And that I hate his freaking guts.

p1010073.jpg

This is a photo of the Caucasus Mountains that I took from a plane on the way back from Europe. Enjoy and please give me some feedback.

EDIT: I'll actually submit this entry as my final. Photo of the same mountains but done up with a border.
FINAL ENTRY
CaucasusMts1.jpg

Enjoy!

OK, so I think I'll use this ine as my FINAL ENTRY

- Neon lit fabric in a corridor in the IFC (International Finance Centre), Hong Kong's tallest building.

EDIT: The really difficult thing about getting this picture was the amount of people walking through the corridor (it took a long time to get a clear shot), hence the lines in the photo aren't quite what I wanted

neonglow.jpg

I like it, the neon colours really compliment eachother and the angle of the photo adds to it. Good job:tup:

chaser_fan
OK, so I think I'll use this ine as my FINAL ENTRY

- Neon lit fabric in a corridor in the IFC (International Finance Centre), Hong Kong's tallest building

neonglow.jpg

HOLLY... SH.. damn. freaking composition you have there dude, no dull, no bull. you are winning.

Cano

hell, this is turning out to be WAY most interesting than it seemed at first. and way harder to decide for wich one to go. and I haven't EVEN posted anything.

I'm sure glad this photography competition has caught on so nicely, I was sure hoping a few people would join in. Quite a few more than I had expected did, and I couldn't be happier.

I need a cool photo...

*FINAL ENTRY*
172monzacloseup.jpg

This is our 1979 Monza Spyder getting it's first bath in 12 years. Before the picture was taken, it hasn't had water touch it since 1992. I think this is a unique angle of a car you really don't see very often. Enjoy.

I'm so stupid, I went to meet some relatives yesterday, didn't bring the camera, would've had a excellent sunset shot from a bridge with some huge buildings right around there with some plain area, and with a large highway in the middle. :banghead:

OK hold on. I have to get this straight. Are we supposed to be taking this photographs? Or can they be fonud on the internet? Cuz in this case SUNNY IS A CHEATERRR!!! CHEATTTERRR!!! There are no skylines parked in driveways in delta, bc, CANADAAA!

Huh? I posted a skyline? Are you sure your not talking about the Lamborghini Gallardo from the car show?

Here it is, I just added a white border. NEXT PAGE!

I have a recommendation for this photography competition. How about if each week, the winner of the contest decides on a theme title for the following week. So, if Burnout decides on a theme for next week, then the winner of this week's competition (random photos) will be able to come up with a title for the competition starting in seven days time. It used to happen in the weekly car Photochop contest, but only the moderator chooses the cars now, and to be honest there's less incentive to enter because of it.

What do you all think?

chaser_fan
I have a recommendation for this photography competition. How about if each week, the winner of the contest decides on a theme title for the following week. So, if Burnout decides on a theme for next week, then the winner of this week's competition (random photos) will be able to come up with a title for the competition starting in seven days time. It used to happen in the weekly car Photochop contest, but only the moderator chooses the cars now, and to be honest there's less incentive to enter because of it.

What do you all think?
It's fine with me, whadya all think? 👍

Remember dudes, it's your last day for entrys, please mark your Final Entrys with...Final Entry. :dopey:

Back