GTP Race Event 03 - Stage 3 Week 3 Laptimes

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 236 comments
Great times you guys 👍 Sounds like the TLD tune is a real winner :) I'll be dumping my tune tonight probably :lol:

1'49.789 | GTP_Synwraith (D2 Silver)

TLD tune, absolutely superb 👍

All the best
Maz

Thankyou.:D

1'49.729 | GTP_PASM (D2 Gold)

Big 👍 for the TLD tune. Still much room for improvement

Thankyou very much.:D

1'49.558 - GTP_rpm - D1 Bronze (TLD tune).

Great time there, and thanks for trying my tune.:)

1'49.297 | GTP_MeAgainstYou (D1 Gold) .. not happy.. :ouch: more to come...

WOW, that's an awesome lap. (Where is everyone finding the speed to do sub 1'50.:banghead:

Edit: Slight improvement
1'50.501 | GTP_Paulie (D2 Silver)

Was gutted to have done a 1'49.8 but left the track by around half a metre on 2 occasions making it dirty.:banghead: I keep braking too early for turn 4, the sharp left hander.

Last edited:
Board updated, great laptime Bruno, I told you 1'48 was possible :lol:

All the best
Maz

1'50.072 | GTP_Paulie (D2 Silver)

Improvement in my lap time, certainly not a perfect lap. It has come via brake balance change to TLD Lancia, it's now 3/9.👍

Well after having studied some D1 driver's lines during race, discussing gear selection, driving the car myself, putting in numerous hotlaps, I have decided that the mid 1'49s people are posting are impossible.:sly:

A little improvement for me, still a couple of tenths to be found:

1'49.455 | GTP_aussienicko (D1 Bronze)

Great laps Phil and Nick, very impressive 👍

Paulie, I'm not D1 and I'm only 0.3 up on you currently, but if it will help you I can post a replay when I get home? It should be a useful ghost to follow because there are places where it's pretty much spot on and clearly places where it can be improved. I like following ghosts where i can get ahead at some point, good for the confidence.

All the best
Maz

Great laps Phil and Nick, very impressive 👍

Paulie, I'm not D1 and I'm only 0.3 up on you currently, but if it will help you I can post a replay when I get home? It should be a useful ghost to follow because there are places where it's pretty much spot on and clearly places where it can be improved. I like following ghosts where i can get ahead at some point, good for the confidence.

All the best
Maz

I've never downloaded a replay before, and I've been doing laps that feel perfect, but then there's that huge speed difference despite following all the same lines and using the same gears etc etc. I don't think a replay will really help me, but I could be wrong.

1'49.297 | GTP_MeAgainstYou (D1 Gold) .. not happy.. :ouch: more to come...

Nice lap MAY, it was obvious last night that having just jumped in the car and going as quick as you was that you'd end up running faster with a little more time in the Lancia, maybe Synwraith was not too far from the mark when he said you would get into the 48's

the setups are on the limit i think.. only the gears are the key for something more touching the 48's... we'll see but reached that.. i think 1'49.5 is enough and good for the race 👍

edit: just made 1'49.057 (dont count it Maz) because im about 20 cm over the green area on the 1st corner.. always in the edge though but it's necessary to do it to shave bits of time... its possible to do T1 without green with the same time (i've made it before that lap but wasnt able to keep the advantage of my ghost until the end of the lap)

here's the replay:

Attachments

• PS3.rar
    119.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I just had a second go with the Lancia today, this time using a slightly modified TLD tune. All I can say is Paulie really hit the sweet spot this time around, on a car that is especially difficult to tune. Great job mate 👍 My tune's gears were just too short, which was quite evident when I was chasing down my ghost (original tune), especially out of T4 and the hairpin....guess I didn't spend enough time fine tuning :dopey: Paulie's tune also has much less on power understeer which makes things much better for T4 and the last sector :)

Anyways, I left a couple of tenths on the table which will hopefully get picked up as I get more seat time with the car.

1'49.309 | GTP_timeattack (D1 Gold) Modified TLD tune

Last edited:
I just had a second go with the Lancia today, this time using a slightly modified TLD tune. All I can say is Paulie really hit the sweet spot this time around, on a car that is especially difficult to tune. Great job mate 👍 My tune's gears were just too short, which was quite evident when I was chasing down my ghost (original tune), especially out of T4 and the hairpin....guess I didn't spend enough time fine tuning :dopey: Paulie's tune also has much less on power understeer which makes things much better for T4 and the last sector :)

Anyways, I left a couple of tenths on the table which will hopefully get picked up as I get more seat time with the car.

1'49.309 | GTP_timeattack (D1 Gold) Modified TLD tune

That's good to hear mate, thanks for posting.:)

PS- You still used a modified tune after talking up the original.:sly:

1'49.960 l GTP_Paulie (D2 Silver)

I've been at least 0.2sec up on this SO many times only to throw it away at the last corner it's unbelieveably frustrating.:banghead: But for not at least it gets me in to the 40s club.

1'49.399 | GTP_aussienicko (D1 Bronze)

A little more improvement. Maybe a tenth still left there but it just depends on whether I can find it or not. :nervous:

Completely off topic, but I just felt this huge urge of expressing just how disgusted I am that I don't have internet at the moment (moved, phoneline still down) and hence can't participate here with my favorite car! :nervous:

Good luck to all participants! 👍

Edit: PS: Some impressive times posted here btw! :bowdown:

Some nice lap times peeps, especially MAY Brock and Nick. :crazy:

I am still struggling here, this lap has a crappy T1, I can gain a tenth there at least. But for now.

1'49.848 | GTP_Hyperspeed (D1 Silver)

Dont laugh. :P

:sly:

Edit,

1'49.698 | GTP_Hyperspeed (D1 Silver)

And that will do for me. :dopey: 👍

Last edited:
Thanks Dan 👍...but we all know you're hiding the sand bags in the back of your Lancia :sly: :lol:

BTW, sorry for lagging on that Fanatec video for you :( I'll get er done today when I do some laps 👍 I've been rather busy this week on top of being quite exhausted :crazy:

Latest Posts

Back