GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
Unfortunately I'll probably won't have much time this week to drive many cars. So far I've achieved my best time with the little black BMW Z (tuned by none other than @RPM Bibblefish), as it's light and nimble for those tight turns. I hope for a sub 1:50.XXX final time eventually. (The Porsche's are slooow...)

Week 8 - Forza P2 - Maple Valley Full, Circuit Race

1. lukas2121 - #89 Chevy FLM09 - 1:16.005

2. RPM Bibblefish - #99 Chevy FLM09 - 1:16.552

3. VICGT1970 - #55 Chevy FLM09 - 1:16.707

4. itrfred2 - #55 Chevy FLM09 - 1:16.933

5. FastBud - #55 Chevy FLM09 - 1:17.249

6. WhiteSwordTower - #99 Chevy FLM09 - 1:19.657

7. AlienDeathRay15 - #16 Mazda B09/86 - 1:20.620

8. IamVALHALLA - #55 Chevy FLM09 - 1:22.013

:embarrassed:

Unfortunately I'll probably won't have much time this week to drive many cars. So far I've achieved my best time with the little black BMW Z (tuned by none other than @RPM Bibblefish), as it's light and nimble for those tight turns. I hope for a sub 1:50.XXX final time eventually. (The Porsche's are slooow...)

I've already had more time this week than all of last - tried the R8 LMS, BMW Z4, and one of the Lambos. Definitely prefer the Lamborghini so far, set a reasonable time with it with plenty of room for improvement. Cataluña is such a great track as well.

I've tried a bunch of cars but I can't beat my time in the McLaren I set a few months back... :lol:

I'm honestly surprised how seldom that has actually happened to any of us. Most of the times we set are "fresh" for that week, you've just got unlucky with this combination.

It doesn't help I've done nearly 4000 in game miles with that car around pretty much every environment available...

This is something I don't do nearly enough, really since they did away with Class Rivals mode - in Forza 4 I took a Skyline (R34) through B, A, and S classes if I remember correctly... every single track and configuration. Good times.

I'm curious if anyone of you will run one of the DLC cars, specially the FWD Audi. On the other hand, breaking the 1:50.XXX barrier was tough but I did it in the white BMW Z4, and I don't think I can go any faster.
I did, I have 2 of the Audi's, (I bought another one in the Auction House). Honestly, I LOVE that car! It handles like a dream, so effortlessly, but it's just not fast enough to be competitive at this venue. I think I was (1:54.xxx - 1:56.xxx). My time to beat was set by the #63 Lambo Super around 1:52.xxx. I Love the GT cars so much, and I have doubles and triples of them to race. So my free time to race them has been split up quite a bit trying to give them equal shares. Still, even though it's not as fast, the Rotek Audi TT is a joy to drive!

Just realised that the title remained on week 8 for 2 weeks :lol:

We are now on week #10, night racing on Le Mans (chicanes) with Hypercars. Leaderboards posted as soon as I have the opportunity - another poor showing from me, never had much time all week. Good weather finally here and wife just insists we don't waste it :irked:

Well, as of right now it seems I’m the only crazy person that have posted a top time with the Regera! I didn’t think I would like it due to it’s monogear, however I have to say that its brakes are formidable and stability at speed is quite good, and this with an untuned setting!

Good god @FastBud, leave some glory for the rest of us! :lol:

I've only done a handful of laps in the P1 GTR and Agera just to see what was what, and the top speed biased cars are going to be the ones to beat anyway. While better through the corners and under braking, the McLaren was 30-35mph slower at the end of the straights. I'll get in the thick of it tomorrow, I've had a brilliant idea that most likely will not work.

Week 9 - Forza GT - Catalunya GP
1. 250pts RPM Bibblefish - #63 Lambo Super - 1:46.883

2. 200pts FastBud - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:46.945

3. 175pts VICGT1970 - #14 Jaguar XK - 1:47.071

4. 150pts lukas2121 - #55 BMW Z4 GTE - 1:47.362

5. 125pts itrfred2 - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:47.620

6. 100pts WhiteSwordTower - #56 BMW Z4 GTE - 1:50.974

7. 90pts AlienDeathRay15 - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:52.220

8. 80pts IamVALHALLA - #63 Lambo Super - 1:52.510

9. 70pts RokkitShipp - BMW #24 M6 GTLM - 1:53.847 /!\

As for the current week, even though it will never be the fastest I'm probably going to stick with my trusty Pagani Zonda C - the only car I've ever successfully tuned. Managed a 3:52.653 just now and that was with screwing up Mulsanne corner and losing a second. I do believe a 3:50.xxx is possible from me and I will aim for that.

Venom or Agera, can't see anything else getting close to these two.

I found the Zenvo to be formidable. I posted a 3:51.xxx at La Sarthe in the daylight. I am fairly certain I can go lower. And by that logic I am sure you guys can go 7-8 seconds better than my best. The Zenvo handles well, brakes well, and top speed before braking at the chicanes was 220 there-abouts. My Zenvo is tuned, but at the moment I can't recall who's tune it is. My top time is on the leaderboards La Sarthe Day, before I figured out we were doing night races.

I found the Zenvo to be formidable. I posted a 3:51.xxx at La Sarthe in the daylight. I am fairly certain I can go lower. And by that logic I am sure you guys can go 7-8 seconds better than my best. The Zenvo handles well, brakes well, and top speed before braking at the chicanes was 220 there-abouts. My Zenvo is tuned, but at the moment I can't recall who's tune it is. My top time is on the leaderboards La Sarthe Day, before I figured out we were doing night races.

Not tried the Zenvo yet on this track, although i did give it a go on old le man and found it a bit below the pace.
Saying that though the same could be said of the Lykan but on this version of the track it's way better.

Will give the Zenvo another go

This is definitely one of the more popular combinations lately, going by the flurry of posts on here and times being set.

Some day we should do a Hypercar series or something, it's the division that seems to inspire the most competition. Certainly gets Muh Lord's pecker up anyway, that's for sure...

The Spano GTA is... interesting, to say the least. It may challenge my best time so far, set in the Pagani Zonda R. The Lambos are just miserable here, and the Vulcan is just meh.

I don't have the Lykan Hypersport, someone remind me what that was a reward for. My guess is something related to the Forza RC.

I didn't particularly like the Spano GTA, but I didn't give it a fair chance as it was the last race of the night and I shut it off mid race frustrated and ready for sleep. I must say what car not to try: the Ferrari FXX K. It's quick to 150mph, but takes it's own sweet time past there. I think it was mid 170's at the 1st chicane. And my best time was a 4:07.199, and was a full minute slower in 5 laps than the Regera. The Aston Martin Vulcan was slow as well, but handled great. The Huayra BC handled poorly, and wasn't fast enough top speed into the chicanes at 201mph. I plan on racing each and every car in this event, although I am having a problem with just 1 of the Totino's prize Huayras, (it won't let me select it to race, saying something like "locked content, you cannot purchase this car").

Never got to improve on my time after all. Weather has been lovely and wee wifey has been like a woman possessed :lol:

Leaderboards posted later, we're away out again today :yuck:

I had a lot of time early in the week, and was able to race each car at Le Mans in the dark. ( I really don't care much for the night racing ). But I had a chance to go up into the mountains this weekend and jumped at the opportunity with the nice weather, ( I got the chance to pay my respects at my brothers grave, he died in a paragliding accident 20 years ago this Memorial Day weekend) . So I didn't get a chance to perfect my times. Oh well, off to Silverstone in the Rain with P1 cars. Congrats to the leaders, you guys at the top never cease to amaze me!

Back