GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
It’s uploaded to the Forza viewer thing just search my gamer tag :D
Okay it's in the Forza Gallery. Yup! That's it alright! I've done about a half dozen or so races looking for it, but haven't seen it yet. Nearly went off track a few times to boot. Again, I'll try and capture some more pics of it. Weird, Huh? I know there is a scenario at "the Ring" where there is "Glare Effect" and I'm wondering if this is just a glitch mistakenly appearing in the night time scenario.

UPDATE: I saw it again and uploaded 10 pics to the Forza Gallery. Just search for my Gamer Tag; AlienDeathRay15. Apparently these night time rainbows are commonplace in "Forza-Land", because there are tons of pics from every night time scenario from the tracks that offer night driving. COTA, Le Mans, Daytona etc.

Last edited:
So... another shot at it with the #13 Volvo tuned by His Highness @RPM Bibblefish - managed a much more respectable 7:37.100.

That puts me well and truly to the TOP of the hardcore leaderboard :mischievous:

There are only 2 times but even so... I'm number one :lol:

Last edited:
Week 6 - Forza Touring Cards - Nürburgring Nordschleife

1. 250pts FastBud - #67 Audi S3 - 7:13.332

2. 200pts VICGT1980 - #67 Ausi S3 - 7:13.782

3. 175pts RPM Bibblefish - #13 Volvo S60 - 7:13.992

4. 150pts itrfred2 - #2 Honda Civic - 7:15.540

5. 125pts IamVALHALLA - #13 Volvo S60 - 7:37.100

6. 100pts AlienDeathRay15 - #13 Volvo S60 - 7:40.011

7. 90pts WhiteSwordTower - #2 Honda Civic - 7:53.069

Not a massive turnout this week, but the usual suspects still there on a daunting event.

I love that we got the top four spots on the leaderboard and IamVALHALLA just missed the top ten great times for everyone on a tough track at night

I'm absolutely certain I could get into the top 10 eventually, if I had the time to lap endlessly. Alas, kids, work, wife... and so on. But I really do love that track.

And hey, remember I'm the NUMBER ONE Hardcore time :sly: :lol:

Supercar Renaissance at Suzuka GP in the rain? Same rain settings as before? And we are using the regular GP course? Not the Alt?

Just checking....

Same settings as before (rain thunder and 100% for each probability) and we are using the regular GP circuit, not the alt :gtpflag:

Okay, this track for some reason keeps giving me the "dirty lap continuance". I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Perfectly clean, and when I cross the finish, dirty lap indicator is still on. I just did 12 laps, and only one 1 lap registered. It's not any short cutting through the final chicane, I was clean all the way through. Is it steering clear of the pit lane? I don't see where I am 'mucking it up'.

Okay, this track for some reason keeps giving me the "dirty lap continuance". I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Perfectly clean, and when I cross the finish, dirty lap indicator is still on. I just did 12 laps, and only one 1 lap registered. It's not any short cutting through the final chicane, I was clean all the way through. Is it steering clear of the pit lane? I don't see where I am 'mucking it up'.

Do you accidentally have that friction setting/assist switched on? That'll invalidate every lap...

Do you accidentally have that friction setting/assist switched on? That'll invalidate every lap...
No. I never used that. I just did some more laps in the Saleen S7, I got a few clean laps together, then, a long string of dirty laps. The "carryover" seems never ending. Most of the time, it will 'carryover' leading back to the last turn. I just seem to be dumbfounded where my mistake was near the end that makes it carryover to the next lap. I wish there was a way that you can be alerted better than the flashing dirty lap symbol. Because sometimes the mistake is so quick, and other times I can't be watching that icon while driving. I am not sure but when I seem to be on the far left hand side coming down the home-stretch the dirty lap symbol stays. With the rain, I can't really see if there are any markings on the road.

No. I never used that. I just did some more laps in the Saleen S7, I got a few clean laps together, then, a long string of dirty laps. The "carryover" seems never ending. Most of the time, it will 'carryover' leading back to the last turn. I just seem to be dumbfounded where my mistake was near the end that makes it carryover to the next lap. I wish there was a way that you can be alerted better than the flashing dirty lap symbol. Because sometimes the mistake is so quick, and other times I can't be watching that icon while driving. I am not sure but when I seem to be on the far left hand side coming down the home-stretch the dirty lap symbol stays. With the rain, I can't really see if there are any markings on the road.
If you go out of bounds or hit something in the last sector and you have the rewind assist on an icon (Y) will flash on the bottom of the screen asking if you want to rewind. Do so as your lap is dirty anyways, but now it will be because of the rewind and not for anything else, and your next lap will start clean, otherwise it will carry over.

Managed a 2:22.220 just now in the S7, which is good for top 10 overall and I'm pleased with that.
I think the Saleen is definitely gonna be my car of choice this week; that was a pretty rough lap, I do think a 2:20 is possible...

It was a beast in Gran Turismo as well. I remember the S-license test around SSR5, and in the description it mentioned the Saleen having "incredible traction", and that remains true in Forza. For such a powerful MR car it is glued to the road...

If you go out of bounds or hit something in the last sector and you have the rewind assist on an icon (Y) will flash on the bottom of the screen asking if you want to rewind. Do so as your lap is dirty anyways, but now it will be because of the rewind and not for anything else, and your next lap will start clean, otherwise it will carry over.
I really don't use the rewind anymore. I'll just try racing on the same track non rainy, and see if there is something I'm missing.

It was a beast in Gran Turismo as well. I remember the S-license test around SSR5, and in the description it mentioned the Saleen having "incredible traction", and that remains true in Forza. For such a powerful MR car it is glued to the road...
Yes it is. And the tune I'm using is a good grip/downforce one. I forgot who's tune it is (Shureken???), but it's on the one on the Leaderboard.

I converted an Alfa 8C to 4WD and now it's the second fastest in the leaderboards... mwahahaha! :gtpflag: And by the way, the Ford GT is useless!

Have you uploaded the tune? Because sharing is caring and all that... ;)

Guys, how do you feel about changing the Touring Cars division to Forza GT? There are 2 touring events left (Cataluña and Watkins Glen), and given there are only a tiny number of touring cars I'm thinking we could change to Forza GT (loads to choose from) for the last 2 events? Add a bit of variety.

The scoring will remain the same, just change the division.

@Nacho Libre @AlienDeathRay @-Fred- @FastBud @VICGT1970 @RPM Bibblefish @sskmercer @nExx @Northstar and anyone else I've missed...

Guys, how do you feel about changing the Touring Cars division to Forza GT? There are 2 touring events left (Cataluña and Watkins Glen), and given there are only a tiny number of touring cars I'm thinking we could change to Forza GT (loads to choose from) for the last 2 events? Add a bit of variety.

@Nacho Libre @AlienDeathRay @-Fred- @FastBud @VICGT1970 @RPM Bibblefish @sskmercer @nExx @Northstar and anyone else I've missed...
I vote yes, there are almost 30 cars in the division to choose from!

I VOTE YES ! Thank you for allowing us to vote and for considering the change. Touring Cars was getting a little 'stale'.

I converted an Alfa 8C to 4WD and now it's the second fastest in the leaderboards... mwahahaha! :gtpflag: And by the way, the Ford GT is useless!
Oooooh! Good thing I have another Alfa Romeo 8C in the garage to experiment with! Muahhahaha!

Back