GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
I had time for a short session so I tried a couple cars.

First was the McLaren which I managed to set a time of 1:57.778 using the stock setup.

Second was the Bentley and even using a tune I only managed 1:57.192, which seems a tad disappointing considering it's only a slight improvement over a stock setup car.

I have Friday off so I will be able to put in some proper time. Currently planning on taking the C7.R, Z06 (Corvette fan so it's a requirement), DBR9, R8 and Huracan for trials plus the McLaren only with a tune this time. I'm hoping to at least get into the 1:55.xxx zone.

Here are the results for the first 6 cars I've done at Mugello, Forza GT class, best lap times out of 12 laps done. All cars have been homologated, but not tuned. Best overall lap in Bold.
2006 Aston Martin #007 DBR9 1:56.363
2009 BMW #92 M3 GT2 1:56.597
2011 Porsche #45 911 GT3 RSR 1:58.864
2011 M Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 1:57.893
2011 Ferrari #62 Risi Comp. 458 Italia GTC 1:57.716
2011 Chevrolet #4 Corvette Racing ZR1 1:55.927
2011 McLaren #59 12C GT3 1:56.493
2013 SRT #91 SRT Motorsport GTS-R 1:56.831
2014 BMW #55 Team RLL Z4 GTE black 1:56.169
2014 BMW #56 Team RLL Z4 GTE white 1:56.752
2014 M.Benz #84 HTP Motorsport SLS AMG GT3 1:57.506
2014 Audi #45 Flying Lizard R8 LMS Ultra 1:56.263

Last edited:
Every time I get below my fastest time so far I make a mistake and dirty the lap :mad:
I was 1.5 seconds faster earlier and just drifted off-track coming through the final chicane :banghead:

Last edited:
Week 1 - Forza GT - Mugello Full, circuit race.

1. FastBud - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:51.046 :bowdown:

2. RPM Bibblefish - #63 Lambo Super - 1:51.501

3. itrfred2 - #60 McLaren 12C - 1:52.284

4. nEx1983 - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:53.350

5. RokkitShipp - #007 AM DBR9 - 1:54.179

6. VICGT1970 - #14 Jaguar XK - 1:55.219

7. WhiteSwordTower - #55 BMW Z4 GTE - 1:55.411

8. AlienDeathRay15 - #4 Chevy ZR1 - 1:55.927

9. IamVALHALLA - #63 Lambo Super - 1:57.647 :nervous:

I honestly don't know what I was doing at Mugello. Every time I got ahead of my PB I made a daft mistake. Only ever got to a possible 1:56.xxx anyway so would have still come last so... it matters not :D

So the 991 GT3 RS is supposed to be available this week, wonder how it'll fare around Sebring.

So the 991 GT3 RS is supposed to be available this week, wonder how it'll fare around Sebring.

I honestly cannot WAIT to get stuck in to this week's event. I love night racing, and Sebring is a great track for lapping, plus Sport GT is a fantastic division. So much fun to be had.

I did a quick race at Sebring so I could see the leaderboard and apparently the 2:17.179 that I did in the 650S (stock I think) was good enough to get me into the top 100. :odd:

I must also say that I've kind of been dreading this week just because of how poor night racing is at other tracks, but Sebring seems to actually be pretty good.

I have the top spot in the Americas in my sights (I am currently 3rd) and can see a 2:09 being achievable with more laps (I've done 2 just to get a feel for it, and a 2:09 would put me second overall) but I have absolutely no clue how @RPM Bibblefish is 3 seconds faster than everyone else in the world... :lol:

I did 3 laps at night at Sebring full in the Nissan GT-R Forza Edition, to satisfy the Forzathon. Best lap was 2:18.928 I will give that a few more runs and see how low can I go.

Are there separate leaderboards for night and day racing?

That's an interesting point. I was certain there was, but now you're making me question it. I would check but my old mum is staying over and hogging the TV with her "stories" tonight :rolleyes:

I have the top spot in the Americas in my sights (I am currently 3rd) and can see a 2:09 being achievable with more laps (I've done 2 just to get a feel for it, and a 2:09 would put me second overall) but I have absolutely no clue how @RPM Bibblefish is 3 seconds faster than everyone else in the world... :lol:

He's not actually human, that's the only plausible explanation.

That's an interesting point. I was certain there was, but now you're making me question it. I would check but my old mum is staying over and hogging the TV with her "stories" tonight :rolleyes:

They have different leaderboards for night, day and rain. We've actually run the Sport GT cars at Sebring Day in the old series, and the times were completely different.

They have different leaderboards for night, day and rain. We've actually run the Sport GT cars at Sebring Day in the old series, and the times were completely different.
Thanks! Otherwise it would be kind of pointless ;-)

I'll be surprised if that time isn't beaten. A decent build on the viper 13 will probably do the trick and i know lukas2121 has a killer build for one of the mercs that will probably be better

I'll be surprised if that time isn't beaten. A decent build on the viper 13 will probably do the trick and i know lukas2121 has a killer build for one of the mercs that will probably be better

Have you shared (or will you share) the tune? Can't get on yet so no idea my Lord.

I'm curious, in average how faster would a good wheel driver be compared to a decent controller driver (who doesn't shift w/clutch :rolleyes:?).

Last edited:
I tried to tune a Ferrari 458 for this but FM7 just doesn't seem to like my PC, runs fine until I upgrade cars or run a few races but then constant stuttering makes running laps impossible, so tuning a car just turns in to a constant loop of tuning, restarting the game, testing and then back to tuning again which irritates me maybe too much, but then add in the useless in-game leaderboards and there is no motivation left for me.

Ran a few laps with the old SLS instead and I think I was in the low 2:08s (not sure I can catch @RPM Bibblefish, great time there), don't have much time in the next few weeks so if I don't get a chance to improve tomorrow that will probably be it from me for a while. I definitely like the sound of week 6 though ;).

This is my first batch of attempts and impressions. I'm having fun in Sebring, (shocking, I know( and so far I have got at least 5 different night settings (three sunsets and two sunrises), so it does not feel stale at all.
From the bottom to the top:
Nissan GTR 17 2:16.738 - It is heavy and feels like it, understeers a lot, but has good levels of grip.
911 GT3 RS4 2:15:070 - It is a fun car with good brakes, but easy to unsettle in the curbs and the front suspension bounces.
Noble M600 2:14:304 - Very balanced and effortless overall.
MB SLS AMG 2:13:809 - That was faster than I thought, the car ran well with more downforce after installing the front and rear spoilers, but it fought me all through the circuit, it would be exhausting in very long races.
911 Turbo 14 2:13:403 - What a revelation after switching to RWD, the care is pure fun!
Gallardo Superleggera 2:13:377 - It got interesting after I switched to RWD, which lowered the PI and the weight even more. I knew I could get more of out of it.

Last edited:
Back