GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
New batch and impressions, starting with a couple of tech marvels!
NSX 16 - 02:15.733. All that tech is aimed to keep you very safe at speed, but at the cost of some personality, I think. It's almost impossible to upset this car. I'm reluctant to run the FE since I think of them as "fantasy" versions.
BMW i8 - 02:16: 079 (manual), 02:15.244 (auto!). Who knows how accurately the game represents the new cars with hybrid technology? According to a recent interview with a former Turn 10 developer, graphics and content take precedence over physics in the development of the game, and it really depends on the dedication and accuracy of the person assigned to program the car. Anyways, to keep it as close to real life as possible, I decided to run in full automatic, and it turns out I was faster than with manual! (The transmission has a sport mode, so that is realistic too). Yes, it shifts short of the redline, but fast and very smoothly.
AM DBS - 02:12.921. My best time so far, and If I was a better and more brave driver I think it could go faster! Putting down the power is wild, I had to tame it a bit with the race diff., the rear wing and TCS!

So, after trying out a few different cars I settled on the Dodge Viper '08, tuned again by my Lord @RPM Bibblefish

Managed a 2:11.275, which is good for 10th in Europe, 14 in the World, and 4th in Hardcore. Very happy with that so far, doubt I'll get close with any other car although there's clearly more in the Viper.

And while it sounds glorious and drives really well, it's nowhere near as fast as the Vipers.

There was a rivals event that went on forever and ended yesterday. So if you didn't set a time, best bet is overpaying in the auction house or hope it's going to come back in another challenge.

There was a rivals event that went on forever and ended yesterday. So if you didn't set a time, best bet is overpaying in the auction house or hope it's going to come back in another challenge.

Gift cars cannot be auctioned unfortunately...

I think because of the specific conditions I've set up for these events, we're going to see a lot of Leaderboards totally dominated at the top by GTP members. I love it :D

I’m done. A few days ago things were promising but this morning it’s just been one of those days where no matter what I just can’t seem to get any decent laps. Even using the Viper with a top tune I’m seconds off what I was able to do on Tuesday and I have no idea what I’m doing differently. My fastest lap is 2:14.018 with the V12 Zagato.

Now we go from dark to rain, hopefully I have better luck next week. I haven’t done much in the touring division, but it looks fairly even on the leaderboards, should be fun.

Hmmmm, I must be in the same boat as you Northstar, I'm a bit off too. I just posted a 2:16.151 in the Aston Martin V12 Zagato. I can do better, more cars to try. Hopefully I can get some good runs in tonight!

I have some more times and impressions:
Dodge Viper 13 02:13:952. I feel like lap after lap it dares you to push it more. I love how the Viper logo glows red in the dashboard!
Ferrari 488 GTB 02:13:639. After a very poor showing of the Ferrari's for me in Mugello, I am very pleased with this one, although it took some work (front and rear spoilers and tuning to get the most grip out of it). It probably won't be as fast as the top front engine/rear drive vehicles (it did beat the untuned Viper 13 above), but as it is I like it a lot.
MB AMG GTR 02:13:294. If there is an European Viper, I think this is it. Shifting feels very good.
Viper 08 02:12:590, my new best time and posted with a top tune by @RPM Bibblefish :bowdown:.
However... I posted a 02:12:982 with the Ferrari 430S (in practice!) and I think it can get me into the 02:11:XXX range.

It's very interesting how the homologation system, so hated by many, works to keep the cars in the division reasonably close, otherwise the factory track models (the 08 Viper, the 430S), which are clearly superior to the road models, would have to be separated, and there are not enough of those to fill other division.

@Nacho Libre there's a reason I call him My Lord. His tunes are, in my opinion, as good as anyone else has uploaded (and often better).
The Mazda he tuned that I used for Nordschleife (original rivals mode) was so perfectly balanced, I've never enjoyed driving around the ring as much before or since. And the Viper '08 this week is absolutely perfect.

When I'm looking for tunes for any car, if @RPM Bibblefish appears it's a no-brainer to download.

It's one of the divisions with the best homologation, even if the Vipers are clearly the fastest. I tried a few cars yesterday and while none were a match for the '13 Viper, they pretty much all were within a few tenths of each others in the 2:10s.

I don't think I'll have time to improve on my 2:08.2 today or tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a rainy Brands Hatch and Touring Cars next week...

What is the point in including the 911 GT3 RS if you make it slower than a ****** 5 year old Viper.
Im angry at Turn10 now...

PS: What cars do you peole drive in real - life? I was test driving a 330 today, and now I wonder what you guys are driving. I already know @RikkiGT-R has good taste wit a 2012 S4

What is the point in including the 911 GT3 RS if you make it slower than a ****** 5 year old Viper.

Sebring is a track that favors HP, which is something the Viper has loads of while the Porsche does not.

There is simply no way to make sure that every car is competitive on every track unless they do an individual BoP for every combo.

PS: What cars do you peole drive in real - life? I was test driving a 330 today, and now I wonder what you guys are driving. I already know @RikkiGT-R has good taste wit a 2012 S4

I have taste but no money so I’m stuck with a PT Cruiser.

I already know @RikkiGT-R has good taste wit a 2012 S4

I've had a load of Audis (all Quattro);

'09 TT 2.0TDi quattro,
'07 A6 Avant 3.0TDi quattro,
'13 A5 Coupé 3.0TDi quattro,
'13 A8 Executive 3.0TDi quattro

and the current S4 (3.0 TFSi supercharged V6) which is remapped and a few other mods to put out 440bhp.
What annoys me is my exact car has never appeared in either Gran Turismo or Forza. Closest I got was the RS6 Avant in GT6 which looked the same as my A6 Avant, albeit phenomenally better in every way :lol:

I’m done. A few days ago things were promising but this morning it’s just been one of those days where no matter what I just can’t seem to get any decent laps. Even using the Viper with a top tune I’m seconds off what I was able to do on Tuesday and I have no idea what I’m doing differently. My fastest lap is 2:14.018 with the V12 Zagato.

Now we go from dark to rain, hopefully I have better luck next week. I haven’t done much in the touring division, but it looks fairly even on the leaderboards, should be fun.

Well, I found the problem. My controller is messed up and I can’t get to full throttle. Hopefully I can get a new one sometime next week.

2016 civic type r, actually picked it up today. Not had a hot hatch for years, last one was a 205 gti back in the day, but wow. This car is mental and a ton of fun to drive.

I posted a 2:15.059 in the Mercedes Benz AMG GTR. I tried to beat that in the 13' SRT Viper, but couldn't, too tired, long day. And thanks to DST I get an hour less sleep.......................

I own a 2010 Mitsubishi EVO X that I really want to get rid of. Looking at a Volvo V60 to replace it eventually...

With that said, what's the plan for this week, how do we setup rain so everyone has a leveled playing field?

what's the plan for this week, how do we setup rain so everyone has a leveled playing field?

I keep meaning to sort this part out, I'll report back shortly...

INSTRUCTIONS FOR RAIN RACING

So that we all have the same conditions, set all weather parameters as follows:

Start race scenario: Rain Thunder
Mid-race scenario: Rain Thunder
Mid-race probability: 100%
End race scenario: Rain Thunder
End race probability: 100%

Last edited:
Probably my last batch of impressions before going to Brands Hatch to weather the storms!
In bunched these together because the times were all in the same range:
McLaren 12C - 2:13:725 No tuning, nothing special.
911 GTR RS - 2:13:701 No tuning, but quite enjoyable and great sound.
McLaren 570S - 2:13:547 Fitted with the front spoiler because I felt it lost grip in the front. Not really fun.
Huracan 610-4 - 2:13:649 Now at this point I was getting kind of bored, so I decided to make and experiment and...
Pseudo Huracan 580-2 💡 - 2:13.337 Yes, it does not exist in the game, but I kinda made one with the RWD conversion. It did improve the understeer and overall feel, and I'm very happy with it. (I wish we had all the family, the true 580, the Performante, the future Superleggera.)

And finally a bit of a rant:
No wonder nobody uses the AM DB 11!, for the record my time of 02:14:645 would place 47 in the world, however it was frustrating just getting there. I want to love this car, it makes the McLarens look like strange insects, and for spectacular looks only the 458 Italia and the Huracan can really compare. Due to its 2nd gear the acceleration from stop is brutal, but not useful anywhere else, you just bleed time making corrections here and there just to keep it on the track, just do not take any corners here in 2nd gear! :banghead:
Sorry for the rant :ouch: I hope to have some time to finish with the 430 S, it has been fun!

Last edited:
Back