GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
Hey, it's not a problem if I had it set for RAIN LIGHTNING, as opposed to RAIN THUNDER, right? The rain is still 100%. It must have gotten reset, and I had to set it back and just now realized it's supposed to be RAIN THUNDER.
I agree with you Fred, the Porsche has a terrific feel to it, even in the pouring rain. I'm about to test one of my 2 Nissan's, (this one tuned by Raceboy77), and I have a feeling I'm wasting my time messing about with a car I know won't post my top time. Oh well, that's what Trial and Error is all about:lol:

Edit: The Nissan was not too bad, a bit squirrely turning and in the puddles. Only 2+ secs off the pace of the 919.

Last edited:
Silverstone is so grim and dim... probably my least favorite major track in the game.

I used to really hate it, but it grew on me over time.

I have not disappeared by the way, just really busy. Wife working, me working, days out (plus a trip to WWE Live tonight with my sons) making it hard to even log in.
Leaderboards aren't going anywhere thankfully and will be posted as soon as I can. Mercifully I actually have tomorrow free and can even get some laps done at last.

I wish we had the option of the old GP circuit, it had better flow. The current one feels overlong to me, and seems that you are racing two different tracks. Also the scenery is completely unremarkable, and unlike other circuits at night/dusk, like Yas Marina or Lemans, almost, if not all the lighting is baked in.

Week 10 - Hypercars - Le Mans (with chicanes)

1. FastBud - Hennessey Venom - 3:41.418

2. RPM Bibblefish - Lykan Hypersport - 3:41.952

3. VICGT1970 - Koenigsegg Agera - 3:46.723

4. itrfred2 - Koenigsegg Agera - 3:47.053

5. IamVALHALLA - Pagani Zonda C - 3:52.653

6. AlienDeathRay15 - Koenigsegg Agera - 3:52.692

7. WhiteSwordTower - Koenigsegg Agera - 3:55.319

Week 11 - Forza P1 - Silverstone GP, rain race

1. RPM Bibblefish - #1 Audi R18 '12 - 1:47.775

2. sskmercer - #19 Porsche 919 - 1:48.718

3. whitemanLS1 - #2 Porsche 919 - 1:49.137

4. FastBud - #10 Peugeot 908 - 1:50.791

5. itrfred2 - #2 Porsche 919 - 1:51.984

6. RoLnD79 - #2 Porsche 919 - 1:54.040

7. ScoobyMcPancake - #23 GT-R LM - 1:54.411

8. AlienDeathRay15 - #19 Porsche 919 - 1:59.266

9. WhiteSwordTower - #1 Audi R18 '12 - 2:01.521

10. PJTierney - #2 Porsche 919 - 1:49.501/!\

11. MadRacer38 - #2 Porsche 919 - 1:49.795/!\

12. HBR RoadHog - #19 Porsche 919 - 2:01.704/!\

Sorry about the apparent disappearance of me this past week or so. Had so much on it was driving me insane, and each time I thought I finally had peace and a chance to play, something else came up.

Been to WWE Live with my sons on Thursday, the circus on Friday (which I DESPISE but wife insisted we take the kids), then my uncle arrived from Canada on Saturday.
And then on Sunday afternoon I turned on my Xbox, an update started, and out of nowhere it stopped and all my games were wiped :mad:
Spent all yesterday downloading. Bloody ridiculous, I didn't even set a time for week 11.

Silverstone actually grew on me a bit. After getting used to the rain and the handling, I got progressively better and posted a few sub 2:00 laps. In my experience it takes a little while for me to get in the "groove".

And on to.... Ugh Dubai...... Man, I hate those spiral turns! Oh well. At least I get to try out the Luxury cars. Congrats to the leaders again.

EDIT: Dubai full forwards right? Just checking...

You know that feeling when you feel like your lap was terribly slow and somewhat sloppy, and you check the leaderboards and see you're 6th in the world...

Yeah. :confused:

You know that feeling when you feel like your lap was terribly slow and somewhat sloppy, and you check the leaderboards and see you're 6th in the world...

Yeah. :confused:

Uh... no. I don't know that feeling :lol:

Me neither. However, I do know the feeling when I do a good lap and check the leaderboards, and there YOU are Fred, right up at the top! And FastBud and RPMBibblefish are usually up there as well! :gtpflag:

Well I'm now the 5th hardcore time if that counts? :sly: :lol:

Don't think the RS5 is gonna be the car of choice for this week, much as I just adore it. I'm loathe to go for the CTS-V but it's like cutting my nose off to spite my face when it's clearly so much faster... At least I got to post a time this week early, even if it is horrific. Lots of time left.

The track/division does favor lighter vehicles, you don't want to throw too much weight around the uphill and downhill sectors, for sure. I do like the ATS-V, specially after it bested the time I set initially with the M6 coupe in the first lap!

I used the ATS-V on my first go around, posting a clean lap of 2:51.xxx but I believe I had 2 dirty laps of 2:49. The Volvo S60 handled well, but not enough "umph" and posted a 2:53.663, (again a lower time dirty lap was better). I just did a 2:51.067 in the BMW M6. I would like to try the Infiniti out next, (smaller wheel base and lighter weight), and see how that handles the turns. My Caddy ATS-V has real nice grip tune to it, so I will have to that one another go. I guess I agree with everyone else's assessment that the Caddy is the car for this event. But we'll see.

The Infiniti might be good too, I'll have to give that a go. I think I'll give the Rolls a go too for a laugh. :lol:

I posted a 2:48.771 in the Cadillac ATS-V, (my own set up, untuned). If I have some more time later today and tonight, I will run some of the "Heavy's" around and see what I can do. But I seriously doubt whether I can get a sub 2:50 time. Perhaps the beefy torque will result in a better time on the climb part of the course. And then on the way down "let gravity take it the rest of the way". Most of the big cars I won't drive anyway, so might as well take 'em out for a spin. There ARE sections of the track that are fun, ( the tunnel and bleachers sections ) so yeah once you get into the "flow" it's not so bad.

It's amazing how things just pop up... As much as I'm desperate to hit the track this week - I got a late (today) offer of a small part in Game Of Thrones, and I'm not even joking. I'm playing a Lannister Soldier/Archer, even though the real me would always fight for House Stark :irked: but I am NOT gonna turn down this opportunity :lol:

Currently getting everything ready, need to be up at 3am and make my way to the film studios in Belfast. Be gone until Thursday evening late, not sure if I'll have the energy then - hope so, because I have the youngest kid on Friday through to Saturday evening and then it's the Champions League final, and I'm a Liverpool supporter so that has my undivided attention. There just aren't enough days in the week lately.

It's amazing how things just pop up... As much as I'm desperate to hit the track this week - I got a late (today) offer of a small part in Game Of Thrones, and I'm not even joking. I'm playing a Lannister Soldier/Archer, even though the real me would always fight for House Stark :irked: but I am NOT gonna turn down this opportunity :lol:

Currently getting everything ready, need to be up at 3am and make my way to the film studios in Belfast. Be gone until Thursday evening late, not sure if I'll have the energy then - hope so, because I have the youngest kid on Friday through to Saturday evening and then it's the Champions League final, and I'm a Liverpool supporter so that has my undivided attention. There just aren't enough days in the week lately.

OK, getting enlisted to go fight walkers is a really original excuse... :D

I actually got to drive today - couldn't bare the thought of another day of filming. Was up yesterday at 2am, left the house at 2:45, and was in the studio from 4am until 7pm :scared: absolutely shattered. Got home at 8:30... there's just no way I could go straight to bed and repeat it next day.
What great fun I had though, an amazing day.

Anyway... tried the AM '16 first off for a 2:34-ish, then the Ford GT got me down to 2:31's before my own tuned 599 GTO scored a 2:29.1xx which I'm happy about but will continue tuning and trying as it was very messy. Plus my legs are genuinely dead.

Leaderboards from last week coming up...

Week 12, Sport Luxury, Dubai Full Circuit

1. FastBud - Caddy ATS-V - 2:43.358

2. itrfred2 - Caddy ATS-V - 2:43.639

3. AlientDeathRay15 - Caddy ATS-V - 2:48.771

4. WhiteSwordTower - Caddy ATS-V - 2:49.663

5. IamA-MORON - Audi RS7 - 2:53.824 :lol:

Back