GTP Rivals Mode WEEK #15

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 376 comments
The Vantage was great to drive, and the one I used (tuned by BAM Skyline) was so stable... but 2:34? Couldn't understand it.
Obviously needed a lot more laps, but while I had some strength left in my legs I wanted to car hop :lol:

I've experimented with a few cars already, nothing really jumps out at this point. Not very impressed with some of the Ferrari's yet. I'm saving the better cars for last. One thing about Spa, it has plenty of "hiding places" to leave time out on the course! The first turn, The Uphill S, and the devilish chicane at the end, are just a few. I find 10 laps is just not enough when testing the cars, because there is always spot or two where I messed up. But I'm confident in getting a sub 2:30 time down.

I've experimented with a few cars already, nothing really jumps out at this point. Not very impressed with some of the Ferrari's yet. I'm saving the better cars for last. One thing about Spa, it has plenty of "hiding places" to leave time out on the course! The first turn, The Uphill S, and the devilish chicane at the end, are just a few. I find 10 laps is just not enough when testing the cars, because there is always spot or two where I messed up. But I'm confident in getting a sub 2:30 time down.
You mean the Eau Rouge (The Uphill S)? You absolutely need to cut it through as it can save you 1 second per lap at least. What works for me is slowing down to stabilize my entry, and then aim for the house (?) on the hillside, and then exit where the curb on the left side ends.
Honestly, I think Spa is the game's best track.
As for the Ferrari's, I'm reserving the GTO for a run later tonight and I hope it does well.

Last edited:
2:27.036 with the GTO with a tune that is pure mechanical grip, brakes and speed!
Yeah I saw that. I just finished a race with Drivatars, ( I pretty much race our events with 23 other drivers, and think it's a waste to do 10 laps and not get much credits), on the 9th lap I was ahead of my 2:30 pace coming down the back stretch, and a Centenario was in front of me, ( about to lap him), I had no choice but to come in behind him heading into the chicane, (dirtying my lap), then tapped him through the chicane, (dirtying the next lap). It slowed my time to a 2:31, but on the 10th and final lap I came in at what appeared to be a 2:28.895 dirty.
The car I used was the Reventon, with a sweet tune by GTZ Liquid, (good grip, without sacrificing too much speed). Overall 10 lap time was in my top 3 so far. So this one is worth another look. ( I have another Reventon with RPM Bibblefish's Speed Tune applied to it !)

Thanks for the tip on that Eau Rouge. It's a tricky deal there. Definitely a prime example of how change in altitude (?) can affect the grip, and handling on turns. And it seems I can never get it consistently.

and LOL @RikkiGT-R !!! I'll have to remember to do that next time I'm frustrated and up against the tires, (except substitute coffee)!

on the 9th lap I was ahead of my 2:30 pace coming down the back stretch, and a Centenario was in front of me, ( about to lap him), I had no choice but to come in behind him heading into the chicane, (dirtying my lap), then tapped him through the chicane, (dirtying the next lap)

Just turn off collisions? That's what I do - still get to race 23 others which helps keep up the pace, while earning the same money (but they never dirty your lap). I still make the hardcore leaderboards with collisions off.

Well, I'm done for today. (It's early here in Colorado). I didn't get to finish with all the cars in this weeks event, sadly. But I'll post what lap times I got with what cars later. I just bought a new bicycle, and have been dying to test it out on the route along the river. I am hoping to go up to the Colorado National Monument this summer by bicycle. Cycling at altitude is tough, especially for an ex-smoker like me, plus the sun is murder at altitude, ( I got burnt pretty badly in only 2 1/2 hours 2 weeks ago). Quite spectacular views up there. I wish everyone here a wonderful weekend to enjoy!

Week 14 already upon us. Early Prototype Racers @ Yas Marina GP/Full circuit at night. Doesn't make much difference since the track is completely illuminated but even so. These cars should be fun around a track that isn't exactly a lot of people's favourite :lol:

Personally I love it.

Leaderboards from Week #13 posted as soon as I possibly can.

As promised, my times from last weeks event. 1st time is best lap time. 2nd time is overall time. 10 laps at Spa - Exotic GT

2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS 2:33.192 25:52.453

2017 Ford GT FE 2:32.249 25:41.880

2016 Audi R8 V10 2:32.781 25:40.534

2016 Aston Martin GT12 2:29.109 25:07.558

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750 2:33.473 25:49.431

2015 Ferrari F12 tdf 2:31.199 25:19.484

2011 Ferrari FF 2:34.735 25:58.383

2010 Aston Martin One 2:30.186 25:20.386

2010 Lamborghini Murcielago 2:30.773 25.21.137

2008 Lamborghini Reventon 2:30.768 25:22.438

Sorry I didn't get to race ALL the cars. Many of these cars were tuned. And the Murcielago, I took @Nacho Libre 's advice and made a Widebody RWD. It worked brilliantly. Also, my time in the Aston Martin GT12 was in the untuned basic. I downloaded, but never ran Slappsvela's tune.

So, this is one of those courses that drives me crazy, especially with all the speed this Car Division has. With about 4 cars driven and over 40 laps driven, I'd swear I've only had about 25 - 30% of those laps clean. My 1st car was the Nissan R91CP, and only 1 lap out of 10 was clean. I had better luck with the BMW's. And only marginal luck with the Jaguar XJR-5. It's clipping those turns too much occasionally, ugh. That and the section on the back end, with the 3 consecutive right handers, leading up to the Hotel that glows pink, purple, and blue. That last turn almost always take me too wide and out of bounds, right before you go under the covered walkway. Patience will be the key.

There are a lot of deceptive corners around Yas Marina, where you think you can carry more speed than you actually can. I find it very hard to get a rythm going given how many of those corners are basically 90 degree ones. Traction control is very useful here; even though I absolutely hate using it, I shaved at least 2 seconds off my laptime using it.

I don't see myself improving more than 1:59.XXX, i'm currently at the 2:00 mark with the 962C. I wish the new track limits arrive soon because this track have some rather confusing spots.

Weird, I was racing the same exact car as you, the Dunlop Porsche. When I finished, I had only 1 lap that was clean, a 2:03.136. I looked up our leader boards and saw your 2:00 and thought, "How the heck did he do that?". Again, I keep getting the 'mysterious penalty carry-over' from the previous lap. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Rewind. I get it. But it still doesn't answer my question, where is it that I went wrong? There are times where I think the mistake happened a mile back, and I ask, "Why does it carry over???"

Phew... my God that was horrible. The heat here is unbearable; sticky and humid. Actually ended up glued to my racing seat with sweat :yuck:

Finally managed a 2:00.244 in the 787B (Raceboy77), which isn't as good as what I know I could achieve if I could sit any longer. 3rd in our wee leaderboard, and 1st hardcore time - pleased with that.

I don't even remember what my current time is, but I know I'm nowhere near Fastbud. :lol:

I think you are around about 1:58.xxx and he is 1:54.xxx, and if my eyes weren't deceiving me, muh Lord @RPM Bibblefish was on this track and division combination over the past day or two. He set a 1:55.xxx but it was dirty, I hope he returns to set a proper time...

First of all, I just want to say, that this might just be my favorite Car Division. Lot's of favorite cars to love, and I just finished 12 laps in one of my All-Time favorites, the #30 Momo Doran Ferrari F333 SP. I used @RPM Bibblefish 's tune. And boy, did it perform well. It held the line all the way through twelve laps. Tight cornering and excellent braking with all the performance you'd expect from Ferrari. I'm gonna have to try the other F333 without the tune, just to see how much of a difference RPM Bibblefish's tune made. But considering how much trouble I had touching all the corners and dirty laps, I'd say it made a huge difference. I have a third F333 with a Geisse paint job on it, maybe I'll run Raceboy's tune on that.

It's a pretty close one this week, there's 4 of us within the same second and a half

Edit: Okay, not anymore.

Last edited:
It's a pretty close one this week, there's 4 of us within the same second and a half

Edit: Okay, not anymore.

It's a great division really, the Early Prototypes are a joy to drive (and what I wouldn't give for a Minolta Toyota 88C-V on the roster).

The only corner on this entire track that I dislike is the hairpin just before the longest straight. I just cannot get around the blasted thing in these cars, and it's costing me so much time :irked:

The only corner on this entire track that I dislike is the hairpin just before the longest straight. I just cannot get around the blasted thing in these cars, and it's costing me so much time :irked:
A touch of the handbrake helps. Just as you are getting around and on the straightaway, and slowed, touch the handbrake and you'll be aligned with the straight, and gun it!
You'll want to be real slow, as to avoid any wheelspin

Ok, another crack at it before the deadline and a 1:59.207 set. That's probably it from me this week, drenched in sweat again :lol:

Almost at the end of our little adventure guys, week 15. Classic Street Muscle, in the RAIN, at Homestead Full.

I appreciate I now owe you guys 2 leaderboards (totally forgot about last week, although I took a picture that day so it won't have been sullied).
They're coming, I always pay my debts :lol:

Back