GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder for today. See you guys tonight!

I know this thread has been a bit quieter lately, but I'm 100% in for the grand finale 👍
Hopefully we get a good turnout today.

Just to clarify (not that it really matters too much) is the qualifier the 2 flying lap format, or just 15min of open track time to set your best lap?
 
15 minutes of open track for qualifying. 👍
 
It's been a great experience racing this series, humbling being owned so much. Looking forward to tonights race. Cya there!
 
"GTP Spec Miata"

1472-6118-3744-3749-1179
 
Well that's a wrap on the 1st season. It's been great and awesome to see the core group race together for the final hoorah of this big learning experience.

Sorry about that random bump during our chase on Egghead Brosif, I just lost grip of my wheel from correcting a mistake on that big downhill left-hander. I think that gave Egg all the space he needed to work comfortably and leave us trailing. It was fun running along with you late in the race. Your spin got soooo close to catching my rear end - I just held my breath and got lucky.

To be honest I was surprised how fast you and Egg came up so fast after my pit. I was like, " wait... wait... (you guys get bigger in rear view) What?!"

You guys are really really good at bump drafting and working together. Today was my chance to try and do the same with you two and I still need practice.

Season two's gonna be amazing.
 
Last edited:
Great season guys. I learned a lot and had a bunch of fun. Couldn't have picked a better series for my first online racing experience. With the Nascar season starting next week I won't be able to do much Sunday racing anymore so I guess I'll see you guys around
 
To be honest I was surprised how fast you and Egg came up so fast after my pit. I was like, " wait... wait... (you guys get bigger in rear view) What?!"

You guys are really really good at bump drafting and working together. Today was my chance to try and do the same with you two and I still need practice.

Season two's gonna be amazing.

That's funny :lol:
When I came up on you I didn't realize you had pitted and I thought you were running on old tires :dunce:
Sorry if I was a bit aggressive with you, I didn't want Brosif to get by me there.
I guess you guys ended up battling a bit behind me which enabled me to pull a gap. It wasn't until me 2nd set of tires that I really felt in the groove today.

The break will be nice, but if season 2 is on spec suspension and sport mediums it's going to be even closer 👍

The best thing about this series was really the consistent clean close racing, and the people I've met.
 
Here are the final race results. Again, thanks to those who showed up. Season two is still in the works, pending GT Academy stuff.
  1. R1600Turbo
  2. Egghead43
  3. Wardez
  4. iamjamen
  5. GrahamTurismo
  6. Jay_B_II
  7. vanos2990
  8. Dr Wankel

...and here are the final points. Congrats to Egghead for taking the first championship. No reward, sorry. :D But I'll think of something really good for the next one. 👍

GTP-Points_Final.jpg
 
Here are the final race results. Again, thanks to those who showed up. Season two is still in the works, pending GT Academy stuff.
  1. R1600Turbo
  2. Egghead43
  3. Wardez
  4. iamjamen
  5. GrahamTurismo
  6. Jay_B_II
  7. vanos2990
  8. Dr Wankel

...and here are the final points. Congrats to Egghead for taking the first championship. No reward, sorry. :D But I'll think of something really good for the next one. 👍

No worries Turbo, the experience was reward enough 👍

I know I wasn't the fastest driver, but like a lot of championships consistency and a bit of luck were the keys to end up on top at the end.

Looking forward to season 2 :gtpflag:
 
I'm just hoping season 2 will be on another night of the week so I can join in the fun.
 
Sorry I couldn't make it for the race, unforeseeable events. See ya next season.
 
Sorry I didn't make it. Was off bringing a car I bought, back from the east coast. Trip went longer then I thought.
 
This is one of the reasons why I will not be organizing any more racing series on here. People are quick to jump on something new and shiny, then nobody wants to show up. :crazy:

That's a shame, because I was looking forward to jumping in on season 2.
 
Hey guys, just found this post tonight. Purchased the car and correct mods. What times do you race at? Anyon have any tips on suspension setup?
 
Hey guys, just found this post tonight. Purchased the car and correct mods. What times do you race at? Anyon have any tips on suspension setup?

Season one is over. I will be running a season two, with start time depending on how GT Academy goes for me. With the new PP system we should be able to keep things really close. Along with switching to the fixed sport suspension. 👍
 
BALLAST! Now we can cripple you magical folks with some extra weight, just like I was hoping for. :D
 
BALLAST! Now we can cripple you magical folks with some extra weight, just like I was hoping for. :D

Ballast rules will apply too. I'm thinking finishing positions 1-3 for each race will have weight added to their car. Unsure right now of exactly how much though.
 
MMMMM, rewards weight!!!!
 
Cool just keep me posted. Anyone practice regularly on west coast time?
 
I will defintely be in for season 2.
 
Interesting to have Vaga here.

We won't allow your MSM in the series! 👍
 
Interesting to have Vaga here.

We won't allow your MSM in the series! 👍

Interesting to have YOU in here :D

Where've you been filp. I thought we'd see you in GT Academy and all that. Nice that you're posting though.


And yes, Vaga will be a nice addition. Welcome 👍
 
Pending GT Academy, I should have Season 2 info up by the end of next week. 👍
 
:(
Interesting to have YOU in here :D

Where've you been filp. I thought we'd see you in GT Academy and all that. Nice that you're posting though.


And yes, Vaga will be a nice addition. Welcome 👍

Hahaha! I've been MIA due to some family issues AFTER the resolution of the conflict with my sister(who has ownership of the PS3).

I'm actually gitty over the new PP system with weight ballast and power limiting. If only they'd have implemented this initially I could have seen R1600 having a much easier time with legality concerns. I'm not sure if there's much discussion as to how we're going to implement the system but I'd be down to test some things out with the hotshots in the group.

I looked at the final results and I saw that brosifduder placed pretty high. Now that I think about it he was ripping us in the initial B class. lol.

I'm pretty average so I doubt I would have done well in GT academy. I am doing Time Trial 9 with the NC MX-5 on the seasonal events, but without proper knowledge on tuning I can't seem to break 1:32 consistently. Fastest at the moment is 1:31 I think with mid 1:30's definitely within theoretical reach.

Haha, of course, my MSM is not an SM or even an NA. :P

Oh, I know! I'm sure you're a popular person but we've justhad a PM conversation on M.net not too long ago about downgrading your MSM. lol.

If anyone is down for some practice runs or something let me know.

My PSN is in my signature. I have a mic and keyboard so I'm decently talkative. Before anyone asks, I won't be providing an A/S/L. :lol:

Now back on to an Ethics paper. Nursing school is serious business.
 
Pending GT Academy, I should have Season 2 info up by the end of next week. 👍

Can you give a preview of the car specs? I don't want to do GT Academy right now and feel like driving my Miata.
 
What I'll be doing is just buying all the removable parts for the miata I used during season 1, that way I can manipulate the parts to have a legal S2 miata and use it for the fun times.

Parts like engine build ups which are permanent are a definite no no while I'm fairly positive the weight reduction outlined in S1 are going to stay as they're within spirit of the true spec miata series.

You going on tonight Brosifduder? I feel like getting some toscana shuffle runs going with a SM.
 
Oh yes, and custom tracks will make an appearance. :D
 
Oh yes, and custom tracks will make an appearance. :D

That'll be awesome. This PP system makes me excited, LOL.

Sorry I've been MIA R1600. I'll be making it up for season 2.👍

Has anyone ever set up a weekly casual SM race time yet?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back