GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,249 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm out, I have a hockey game to attend, so I guess that means the season's over for me. Have a good race, hopefully I'll be able to join you next season!
 
i am in for sure, laguna is my favorite track
 
So what time are we qualifying? I searched the thread, but didn't see a time. I'm guessing we're following the same 2 lap format we've done for the last 2 races?
It doesn't look like we're going to have more than 16 this time, which is just as well because I'd probably be in group B with my lack of speed at this track :lol:
 
Times are listed all in the schedule cards in post 1 Egg.

Quali. should be at 5:00pm EST

Yeah, my speed at Laguna's a bit schizophrenic. I haven't been back here since we started testing out the cars last month.
So all the tweaks and such I've done to the tune on the car since Suzuka has given me what I thought was a universally good tune. Laguna's a really different sort of animal so it taught me just how much those little differences on the surface can make a big difference on how you should set up your carro.

I was sliding around everywhere. I brought the ride height values closer together in ratio and tamed the oversteer so now I think I've got it. Except it can still "let go" on that quick left hander before the hill going up to the corkscrew and the sweeping downhill left after the corkscrew so I have to be careful.

Hopefully we can get some ok numbers, at least like Tsukuba last week. It's been so fun racing with you all.

I'm prepping the champagne bottles for the winners xD
 
Last edited:
sorry I havent been around, been busy lately. Havent played GT since the Indy race, looking foward to the race later!
 
Zoom Zoom (of course I am in for Laguna).
 
Sorry for no show last week, I got in at 7:02 and said to my self "oh $#^t" . I freckin love Tsukuba too...

So I just got in from the Rolex 24h and plan on itching my racing bug at Laguna Seca tonight. Expect me there
 
You left early?


Edit: I guess it is/was a Ganassi show.

Yea left early, been there since 1 yesterday so I was there 24h's but its too much staying to 4pm on a hot day like this. It was a good time tho
 
Qualifying room will be up in 15 mins.

Edit:

1472-6118-4259-7714-3711

"GTP Spec Miata"
 
Last edited:
Honestly if I qualify, I'll be surprised.
 
I'm gonna try to get in a bit of late practice.

I plan on heading into the quali. room in about 30 minutes. But let me know if everyone quali'd up early so I can jump in at any time. I'll keep checking the thread.
 
r1600turbo i can't get into the qualifing room, what are the weight specs....i saw where it is stage 2 weight reduction
 
MULE I don't have times for you. It showed you on the timing monitor as being on track, but it never recorded any time. If you want another shot, now is the time.

Edit: 35 minutes left
 
Ahh, just woke up!

Took a nice long nap after the Rolex 24hr went off.
 
MULE I don't have times for you. It showed you on the timing monitor as being on track, but it never recorded any time. If you want another shot, now is the time.

oh, awesome.
 
are one of those rooms turning into the race room?
 
We had 17 people qualify, so one person will not be racing unfortunately, which will be MULE_9242. :nervous:

Qualifying results:

  1. Spyhunter - 1:42.828
  2. iamjamen- 1:42.980
  3. R1600Turbo - 1:43.122
  4. Egghead43 - 1:43.230
  5. Wardez - 1:43.742
  6. Samhain85 - 1:44.010
  7. anorexicroadstr - 1:44.330
  8. LVSX4MZ3 - 1:44.626
  9. Dr Wankel - 1:44.919
  10. sonic-_-89b - 1:45.011
  11. vanos2990 - 1:45.066
  12. Jay_B_II - 1:45.956
  13. AlGreene71 - 1:45.978
  14. GrahamTurismo - 1:47.374
  15. adeadsnipermatt - 1:47.613
  16. baja_j - 1:48.267

Same room number.
 
...I could have sworn my time was in the 1:45's, but okay...
 
MÜLE_9242;4722064
...I could have sworn my time was in the 1:45's, but okay...

I made the cut based on the number of races that have been run for the season. You did have a faster time, but everyone else already had races in on the season so I didn't want to ruin their points situation since we are at the end of the season. Sorry man. :indiff:
 
Sorry to anyone in the back there if I was in the way or cut you off going through corners. My connect was so horrible during the race that I was practically driving in slow motion. It threw my braking/acceleration points off and I just couldn't race that way. My championship points took a hit because of that unfortunately. :(

Here's the results.

  1. iamjamen
  2. Spyhunter
  3. Egghead43
  4. LVSX4MZ3
  5. Samhain85
  6. sonic-_-89b
  7. Dr Wankel
  8. Wardez
  9. vanos2990
  10. Graham Turismo
  11. baja_j
  12. adeadsnipermatt
  13. AlGreene71
  14. Jay_B_II
  15. anorexicroadstr - DNF
  16. R1600Turbo - DNF
 
Sorry to anyone in the back there if I was in the way or cut you off going through corners. My connect was so horrible during the race that I was practically driving in slow motion. It threw my braking/acceleration points off and I just couldn't race that way. My championship points took a hit because of that unfortunately. :(

Here's the results.

  1. iamjamen
  2. Spyhunter
  3. Egghead43
  4. LVSX4MZ3
  5. Samhain85
  6. sonic-_-89b
  7. Dr Wankel
  8. Wardez
  9. vanos2990
  10. Graham Turismo
  11. baja_j
  12. adeadsnipermatt
  13. AlGreene71
  14. Jay_B_II
  15. anorexicroadstr - DNF
  16. R1600Turbo - DNF

Hey Turbo, I don't know about this race. It's not right for you to get no points for a connection issue. I haven't done the math yet, but I think I've mathematically won the championship if you don't get any points.

Between the lag issues, the seemingly random pit stop lengths, and the excessive bumping of that race, I don't know if we should bother counting any points for that one. Not to take away from iamjamen's win, but he's not in the point running anyways since he spent a couple of races in group B so I doubt he would mind.

I know I shot past Spyhunter early in the race due to a lag induced shove from Samhain. Stuff like that shouldn't be determining race (and points) outcome.

Anyways, that's my 2¢
 
Doesn't really matter to me. I'm still getting points for 16th position, but the gap does grow quite a bit. Depends on how everyone else feels about it. The only thing we could possibly do is scrap Trial Mountain and re-run Laguna in two weeks?

Here's the points as they stand right now. The top 16 that will run Trial Mountain, and the remaining people who's season is over. (if we stand with today's results)

GTP-Points_0130_1.jpg


GTP-Points_0130_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
I made the cut based on the number of races that have been run for the season. You did have a faster time, but everyone else already had races in on the season so I didn't want to ruin their points situation since we are at the end of the season. Sorry man. :indiff:

What would it have taken to actually qualify, then? Just wondering.
 
MÜLE_9242;4723561
What would it have taken to actually qualify, then? Just wondering.

More people to show up. If we had 4-5 more people, we could have run another room and everyone would get to race.
 
But... baja_j didn't have any points either before the race, seemingly, and I outqualified him.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter, but it would have been cool to get my first "official" race in, and got some experience.
 
He did have one more race in, I disqualified his points from that race because he was using illegal parts.
 
Doesn't really matter to me. I'm still getting points for 16th position, but the gap does grow quite a bit. Depends on how everyone else feels about it. The only thing we could possibly do is scrap Trial Mountain and re-run Laguna in two weeks?

OK, cool 👍

Since there's nothing more at stake than bragging rights, let's just move forward with the series. My goal was really just to prove to myself that I can consistently run with the top guys, so I'm just happy that I'm in the hunt.

From doing the math, I basically just have to finish to win the series; unless you win the race, then I think I just need to be not last :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back