GTP Spec Miata Racing Series : Season 1 Complete; Season 2 Soon!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,295 comments
  • 152,240 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cool, I'm not going to get butt-hurt if I don't win the championship.

It all comes down to who can tune and drive their car the best, and that's just not me. (tuning wise for sure) This race was not fun from the get-go since I was driving in slow motion the whole time. But, I still have my Trial Mountain tune and as long as we have a good connection I think I'll be ok.:D

I've talked to Pawel about his connection, and he's running off of wi-fi. So, not sure if that was our issue but he's not in the next race, and I plan on disabling the mics and running on a "good" connection instead of the top one. That should solve our issues.
 
By coinsidence I was on Laguna with a Lupo GTi Cup car during your practice runs last night, and was very inspired.
I wonder if I can sign up this late for the next race, and the hopefully forthcoming season?
 
By coinsidence I was on Laguna with a Lupo GTi Cup car during your practice runs last night, and was very inspired.
I wonder if I can sign up this late for the next race, and the hopefully forthcoming season?

Next race (and last) is reserved for the top 16 in points. Next season sign-ups won't be for a while.
 
Hey I finished 11th last night. Why did you have me down as 12th?
 
Nobody's posted in a week. I am going to practice at Trial Mountain for a bit since GT Academy appears to be on sabbatical.

1472-6399-8966-5886-8182
 
Last edited:
I completely forgot that I took a few shots from my visit with Group B @ Indy.

This was the chaos at turn 1 on the first race lap:

5422113105_9eb7d3eb06_z.jpg


This was turn 1 on lap 6... Group A weren't the only ones forming a train:

5422720096_11787fe285_z.jpg


ACTION SHOT! A different angle of the same moment from lap 6:

5422113367_1cac6b4bc7_z.jpg


And then my relationship with these two on lap 7, twas the last I saw of them:

5422189607_ef334a2e2b_z.jpg
 
Good shots.. Im really surprised we didnt have any major wrecks at corner 1.
 
R1600, how and when can I join the next spec Miata season? Is there anyway I could enter into the season late and not be competitive for points?

Please let me know :)
 
R1600, how and when can I join the next spec Miata season? Is there anyway I could enter into the season late and not be competitive for points?

The last race is only open to the top 16 in points. Next season is still unofficial right now.

Note to current top 16 drivers:

Please ignore the race schedule on the first page. The room will open at 6:00pm EST for 45 minutes of practice, followed by 15 minutes of qualifying, followed by the race at 7:00pm EST. 👍

Edit: Only the drivers on the list below should show up for Sunday's race:

GTP-Points_0130_1.jpg
 
Would any of the top 16 be opposed to qualifying and running in the points order? I don't care either way, just a thought.
 
I hope there'll be a Season 2 of this series. It looks interesting. :D
 
I hope there'll be a Season 2 of this series. It looks interesting. :D

It is super interesting! And there will be a Season 2 of this series, don't you worry.
 
Haven't posted here in a looong while. I still haven't found a way to use the PS3 internet, but when I do, I will definitely be participating.
 
I am going to be opening a practice room in a few.
 
I am going to be opening a practice room in a few.

I'll try to make it, but no guarantees. I have to run a few errands on my way home.
 
Practice room now open, be there or be square!

1472-6118-3658-4755-4684

Edit: This means you Wardez! (I see you creeping down there.) Oh and check out my avatar, I found this TRON Senna/Schumacher helmet that I thought you would get a kick out of.
 
Practice room now open, be there or be square!

1472-6118-3658-4755-4684

Edit: This means you Wardez! (I see you creeping down there.) Oh and check out my avatar, I found this TRON Senna/Schumacher helmet that I thought you would get a kick out of.

Wow! I was trying to figure out what that was in your avatar at a glance earlier but was so busy I didn't notice how bas ass it is.
Senna and Schumacher. Did what needed to do.

But yeah, I have like twenty tabs open in this window with stuff from all over GTP so I probably look like I'm constantly lurking in the depths haha. I'd definitely be in the room with you guys but I have to split my time carefully on my only day off work. I'm off to watch a movieflick. Hopefully we can jam later tonight thanks.
 
Room's closed. Screw all of you. :cheers:

This is one of the reasons why I will not be organizing any more racing series on here. People are quick to jump on something new and shiny, then nobody wants to show up. :crazy:
 
Ok so in honor of the 10th anniversary of the passing of a great racing legend, I've decided to change my car color for the final race. For Trial Mountain I'll be running a black car with black w/red trim wheels. Hope you guys don't get "Intimidated"
 
This is one of the reasons why I will not be organizing any more racing series on here. People are quick to jump on something new and shiny, then nobody wants to show up. :crazy:

Don't be such a sour puss, you know the handful of people that you can expect will stick around once the series starts. ;) Besides, there are plenty of people that start a series here that get little to no interest at all, you should be glad yours get more interest than commiters at first. I just hope the series I plan to eventually start will bring in as much attention as yours get.
 
I don't understand what Tron has to do with it.

Tron is used as an adjective in my vernacular in much the same way as the words cool, awesome, and sweet might be used by you in everyday language. It also happens to be the title of one of my favorite movies and is where the term is derived.

:)

This is one of the reasons why I will not be organizing any more racing series on here. People are quick to jump on something new and shiny, then nobody wants to show up. :crazy:

And I was just joking. It was a Friday night after all and I know people run other series so I just hot lapped for an hour.

Ok so in honor of the 10th anniversary of the passing of a great racing legend, I've decided to change my car color for the final race. For Trial Mountain I'll be running a black car with black w/red trim wheels. Hope you guys don't get "Intimidated"

I cannot believe it has already been 10 years.



I think I am going to open a room as soon as I finish my taxes. Come on tax return!
 
Last edited:
How you tell if someone is cheating and modifiying their Miata cars to have an advantage over others?
 
How you tell if someone is cheating and modifiying their Miata cars to have an advantage over others?

Well you have horsepower, weight, and tire limits through online and the rest is up to the honesty of the competitor. Are you an honest person Mudkipz?

It will be interesting to see how we can control the car restrictions with the new Performance Point feature that is to be included in the February 18th update.
 
Turbo I'm glad to be part of this great series I definitely had fun. but I'm afraid unday are cut out for me now as my work schedule change to 11-11pm. So hey if you have races on Saturdays Let me know! Till then see you later =)
 
I am opening a room up if anyone is interested. I won't have it open long as the GF is scheduled to be here soon.

1472-6118-4130-9222-0514

room closed.
 
Last edited:
Please ignore the race schedule on the first page. The room will open at 6:00pm EST for 45 minutes of practice, followed by 15 minutes of qualifying, followed by the race at 7:00pm EST. 👍

Edit: Only the drivers on the list below should show up for Sunday's race:

GTP-Points_0130_1.jpg

Just a reminder for today. See you guys tonight!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back