GTP Top Gear Power Laps

Wouldnt it he easiest to verify lap times in an onlije lohby whete host can force the use of a completely stock.car and see if the person runs similar lapntimes?

Wouldnt it he easiest to verify lap times in an onlije lohby whete host can force the use of a completely stock.car and see if the person runs similar lapntimes?

The only problem with that is you only have a set amount of time to do your best lap, with offline mode you can slog away for hours to get a best time without having to recreate it.

Sounds like it could be great fun if we do the replay verification. 1.16.3xx so far with out tuning. How do you change tire pressures?

The only problem with that is you only have a set amount of time to do your best lap, with offline mode you can slog away for hours to get a best time without having to recreate it.

Yea but once you are running a good line you can run pretty close to it every time.you can hotlap allday in the online practice mode and it shows the fastest lap on everyones screen. I'm not saying to do it fpr everyone but just the top 5 or so

Done a 1.18.292 with the DS3, dont think i can find another second on you guys though.

Ill keep trying and if no faster then someone can get the car off me for free on saturday (gives me another excuse to get more life out the game).

Done a 1.18.292 with the DS3, dont think i can find another second on you guys though.

Ill keep trying and if no faster then someone can get the car off me for free on saturday (gives me another excuse to get more life out the game).

What are your sector times?

Since posting ive now done a 1.17.659

alsepf1
for the 1.18.292 lap my sector times are 1st 35.424 2nd 18.848 3rd 24.020

now for my 1.17.659 my sector times are
1st 35.100 2nd 18.912 3rd 23.647

come on wheres the wheel guys im expecting yous guys to go maybe a 1.15

i just did a 1:16.73 on a G27 wheel ... i lined up with the tar strip like MrKipling said .. i only did oil change on the brand new car.i have the replay if its necessary.

Last edited:

alsepf1

if you read my post i made a 1.14.8 laptime. so yeah i am there....
and yes i have the replay. and yes everything is standard.

alsepf1

Would have to look at mine i know your losing at least 1 second in sector 1. Should be a 33.9 or under

cheers aesopf1, its most probably from chicago still haven't found a decent line through that corner. If i can do a low 1.17 or maybe high 1.16 i'll be happy. The 1.14's will have to wait till I buy the fantec carrera wheel.

you should have chosen the GTR base so we could compare with Stigs time because i dont think he did a lap in the V-Spec GTR ... if so what was his time?

This is a cool idea, I will have to see if I have the cash to buy the car.

For next week can we do a cheaper car? I am trying to save for a Gallardo and keep getting distracted with rare used cars :)

Next week i will be doing a car from the Arcade mode.
I will update the new posted times tomorrow and i will be doing my lap times tomorrow too.

I will also ask the player with the top time to save your replays of your best times or post a screen shot of your time. This way you can write up about how you got that time, the way you did the lap, what tuning you done and like a mini review a-la Top Gear style ;)

Next week i will be doing a car from the Arcade mode.
I will update the new posted times tomorrow and i will be doing my lap times tomorrow too.

I will also ask the player with the top time to save your replays of your best times or post a screen shot of your time. This way you can write up about how you got that time, the way you did the lap, what tuning you done and like a mini review a-la Top Gear style ;)

kool ... i didnt really mind buying the car (i was going to get it anyway) but for all of the people that cant afford it the base GTR is about 80k so thats why i brought that up ... im going to try for a low 1:16 when i get off work but i keep messing up on the 2nd to last corner :(

cheers aesopf1, its most probably from chicago still haven't found a decent line through that corner. If i can do a low 1.17 or maybe high 1.16 i'll be happy. The 1.14's will have to wait till I buy the fantec carrera wheel.

Well if your on we can certainly setup a free run to hotlap. Chicago is really deceiving you need to be turning at the tires rather than braking to them. Currently at 1:15.553

Last edited:
Wow these times seem really fast. Is the Spec V really that awesome of a car, or is the length of the track a bit off? The Stig's best time around the track in a road car is a 1:16.8 in a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport! I know there is the whole "I can push harder in this game because I can't die if I crash and burn" but dang!

That said, once I have a car that is the current selection, I'm down for some power laps!

Wow these times seem really fast. Is the Spec V really that awesome of a car, or is the length of the track a bit off? The Stig's best time around the track in a road car is a 1:16.8 in a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport! I know there is the whole "I can push harder in this game because I can't die if I crash and burn" but dang!

That said, once I have a car that is the current selection, I'm down for some power laps!

Yeah I'm sure the track is a little off somewhere but either way the 1:14.x seems too fast for the stock gtr base not the spec v

Track muar be off. The gtr is nowhere near a veyron or gumpert.

What if I've already bought the GT-R and tuned it. Any way I can take part without buying the car again??

Aren't you that Fifa guy?

Anyway.. You can take off some parts in the garage, but not a stage 3 engine, weightreduction and some other things I believe.

Yeah, stock cars only, im afraid. If your car is seen to have an engine upgrade or a weight reduction upgrade, you cannot take part. If you have already set a time with this, your lap time will be taken off the boards.

Also, i believe the guy who set a 1:14 said he has a replay too. His post is at the top of the second page.

Yeah, stock cars only, im afraid. If your car is seen to have an engine upgrade or a weight reduction upgrade, you cannot take part. If you have already set a time with this, your lap time will be taken off the boards.

Also, i believe the guy who set a 1:14 said he has a replay too. His post is at the top of the second page.

Guess I will have to give this week a miss then. As it happens I've realised I can't even get the Top Gear track because I can't get 1st in that stupid campervan race. Finished 2nd three times by 1.5 seconds.

Back